Print preview Close

Showing 1889 results

Archival description
Australia
Print preview View:

1554 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Microfilm : Amos family papers

  1. Receipt book of half and quarter yearly rent paid by James Amos (father of Adam and John (1776-1848), as tenant of Heriot Mill, Galawater, including later editions (1779), of cash expenses of mill, 1774-1845.
  2. Account book of Amos Mill, Cranbrook, VDL, 1824-1836.
    1. Diary of Adam Amos (1807-1874), June 1839
    2. Letterbook (or minute book) of Trustees of estate of John Lord, 1829-1833, including correspondence of Derwent Steam Navigation Company

Amos Family

Microfilm : Amos family papers

  1. Diary of Adam Amos (1774-1845), May 1822 - Dec 1825. A record of chief happenings in the district of Great Swan Port of which he was Chief District Constable, including notes of musters and convict passes, with names.
  2. Adam Amos (1774-1845), letters outward, 1807-1844, mostly to his sons.
  3. Adam Amos (1774-1845, letters inward, 1833-1841, including receipts. 4. James Amos (1804-1864), letters inward, 1837-1850.
  4. James Amos (1804-1864), will.
  5. Letters from George Meredith to his wife Mary, nee Evans, 2 Mar 1823 & 25 Apr 1825.
  6. Letter from George Meredith jun. to Mary Meredith (nee Evans), 6 Aug 1833.
  7. Letter from Maria, Mrs John Meredith (nee Hammond), to her daughter Jessie Meredith, 3 May 1885.
  8. Letter to Captain Thomas Watson sen. From niece EN Rayner (?), 13 Oct 1835.
  9. Letters to Capt. T Watson sen. From George Vaux, 18 Mar 1837 & 10 Nov 1838.
  10. Bill of lading for the shipment from Leith of 4 harrows and 2 ploughs, 23 Jul 1814.
  11. Copy of map in Survey Office signed by J H Wedge, 7 Oct 1826, of grant of George Meredith for 2,000acres at Great Swanport, and a description in handwriting of George Frankland, of additional grant of 1,000 acres.
  12. Letter to Mrs Mary Lyne from Jessie Amos (?), 10 May, 2 Oct.
  13. Letter from Elizabeth Lyne to Mary Amos, n.d.
  14. Letter to Mary Amos from?, 5 May 1839.
  15. Letters from Mrs Louisa Bell (nee Meredith) to Margaret Amos (1809-1896), 26 Aug 1885 & 2 Apr 1886.
    I 7. Letter from Adam Amos to ? , 19 Oct 1872.
  16. Adam Amos to ? Mrs Amos, 1873.
  17. Diary of John Amos, 1 Jan 1840-May1843.
  18. Manuscript copy in 1880-1900 style writing, of "Grandfather Amos' Diary", 1 Jan 1854-21 Jan 1858.

Amos Family

William & John Clark Family Papers

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC RS8
  • Collection
  • 1812-1887

The William and John Clark Papers are a record of a settler family in Tasmania. They include papers concerning the management of the Cluny property, a few papers relating to Bothwell and John Clark's correspondence concerning his work as a magistrate. There are also letters to John Clark from William Barnes (1791 ?-1848). brewer of Launceston, 1829-1839; Matthew Curling Friend of Newnham, Port Officer
at George Town, 1833-1841, and from Charles Arthur (1808-1884), nephew of and Aide-de-Camp to Lt.
Governor George Arthur, 1827-1829. There are also letters from British army officers' wives and daughters addressed to Jane Clark. Also included are papers relating to the Weston Family, Ann (neeClark) and William Pritchard Weston

William Clark

Dr George Fordyce Story Collection

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC C7
  • Collection
  • 1821-1878

Collection consists of personal papers, medical case notes and accounts, student notes and exercises, botanical papers which include some correspondence with Baron Sir Ferdinand von Mueller, copies of electoral returns etc.

George Fordyce Story

George Meredith: Diary

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC RS34
  • Collection
  • 1821

Collection consists of a diary and memoranda book, typed copies of the diary and some correspondence.

George Meredith

Diaries of Jorgen Jorgensen

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC M11-3-2
  • Sub-item
  • 1826-1827
  • Part of Meston Papers

Copies of diaries of Jorgen Jorgensen, including Journey to Ouse Plateau, Repat of Jorgensen to V.D.L. Co. on route between Hobart and Circular Head, and Journal kept while exploring from Circular Head to the Pieman River, 1826-7.

Archibald Lawrence Meston

Robert Doctor account book

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC D4
  • Collection
  • 1827-1851

Xeroxed copy of Robert Doctors account book for the years 1827 to 1851 with details of goods and services supplied by and to various residents in the Sorell area, including: boots, shoes soled and heeled, plough mould, beans, handle, tobacco, rum, sugar tea, callico, coffin, bread, repairing cart wheel, laying floor, shingles, glass, making ploughs. Also payments made.

Robert Doctor

Letters from Charles Arthur to John Clark

Letters to John Clark (1807 - 1853) son of William Clark from Charles Arthur (1808-1884), nephew and ADC of Governor George Arthur, dated 1827 - 1829, 1840.
Personal letters including references to Col. Arthur - displeasure at late night adventures (21.4.28, 11.12.29), rumours of recall; Dr Browne's contributions to Advertiser; Kemp - "that dammed old fool"; marriage of Bothwell Police Magistrate to nymph not yet 16 Jenny Read; Capt. Donaldson; Debating Society; death of Dr. Coleman; ship "Prince Regent" stuck on sand near Iron Pot; convicts' capture of "Cyprus"; his appointment as A.D.C. to uncle Col. Arthur and description of uniform (10 Oct. 1829); Duke of Wellington's duel; Tasmanian society: dinners, dances, shooting quail at Pittwater, the "Jewess".

https://eprints.utas.edu.au/36250/

William Clark

Henry Hellyer Letter

Copy of a letter from Henry Hellyer to Edward Curr, dated 29 November 1828, describing a journey to Mt. Farrell, the Fury Gorge, Barn Bluff and Cradle Mountain, and the discovery of river Mackintosh and Eldon Range

Henry Hellyer

Mitchell Papers

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC RS32
  • Collection
  • 1833-1945

Collection consists of scrapbooks, diaries, correspondence and other ephemeral material created, collected and collated by Sarah E.E. Mitchell over her lifetime.

Sarah E.E. Mitchell

Johnstone & Wilmot Papers

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC J2
  • Collection
  • 1841-1939

The papers of William Johnstone consists a copy of his diary of the voyage to Launceston on board the "Arab" November 1841 - March 1842 and of material in relation to the business of Johnstone & Wilmot, general merchant, importer of wines, spirits & cigars established in Launceston in 1842

William Johnstone

The Omnibus

Two copies of the Omnibus which was a merchant's, tradesman's, auctioneer's and general advertiser and shipping gazette.
Published Tuesday & Friday, gratis, at the Courier office, Hobart by William Gore Elliston
• No. 149 Nov. 10 1843
• No. 150 Nov. 14 1843

Tasmanian Newspaper Collection

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC N1
  • Collection
  • 1843-1975

Collection of some Tasmanian and one United Kingdom newspapers dating from 1843 through to 1975 documenting significant occasions. Eg. Jubilee supplement, Bothwell Centenarian, Extraordinary edition of the Mercury

Colonial Times and the Tasmanian

Four newspapers, Colonnial Times and the Tasmanian published by John Campbell Macdougall, Collins St., Hobart.
• 23 June 1846
• 20 Sept 1854
• 24 Dec 1855
• 4 Jan 1856

John Campbell Macdougall

Sketches of Rosedale

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC L1-H-100 &101
  • Item
  • c1850-1854
  • Part of Leake Papers

Two pen sketches of Rosedale showing tower and weather vane, porticos and terraces, conservatory, stables etc, gardens. Drawn by John Travis Leake, c1850 - 1854

John Travis Leake

Minutes of the Hobart Chamber of Commerce 1851-1877

Minutes of the Hobart Chamber of Commerce. Signed minutes, beginning with the inaugural meeting of 3 February 1851 and first formal meeting of 10 February 1851, including names of members. Includes monthly meetings of directors and general meetings. Some news cuttings of notices of meeting stuck inside binding.

Hobart Chamber of Commerce

Hobart Chamber of Commerce

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC H3
  • Collection
  • 1851-1984

Collection consists of one folio leather bound minute book and other material relating to the Chamber of Commerce including annual reports and handbooks and directories.
Minutes are incomplete, but annual reports or annual handbooks are complete from 1910 -1984.

Hobart Chamber of Commerce

Reports of Hobart Chamber of Commerce 1852-1869

Printed reports of directors of the Hobart Chamber of Commerce, including names of officers and members, bound with copies of reports of the Melbourne Chamber of Commerce for the years 1854, 1855, 1858, 1859, 1860 & 1869. Also included are Rules and Constitution for the years 1851 & 1854. Printed copies, bound with Abstracts of Council relating to Port and Customs regulations and with Reports
• Half yearly report 1852
• Annual reports 1855-1864, 1869
• Reports for 1870-1909 missing

Hobart Chamber of Commerce

William Knibb Morris Collection

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC M13
  • Collection
  • 1855-1920

Collection consists of papers, personal correspondence and photographs relating to William Knibb Morris and his family.

William Knibb Morris

Photograph of Westcott's Bookshop and circulating library

Photograph of Westcott's Bookshop and circulating library, Collins Street, Hobart. Standing outside are Mr Westcott and a little girl, Till, wearing a pinafore. The photograph shows the shop of John Andrew, Bellhanger. The photograph was made by the University photographer from an original 'stereoscopic' photograph (i.e two adjacent photographs mounted on card to be viewed through a special viewer), made by S. Clifford, Hobart Town. The original was endorsed 'The little girl with pinafore Auntie Till, Dad in his
shirt sleeves standing next to her. Fitzgerald's building now; M. Westcott 4.7.32'.
In this photograph street numbers are not visible. Westcott's circulating library sign is shown on the middle shop in a two-storey brick building, with three shops. The shop on the right has the sign 'Depot Christian Knowledge Society'. The shop on the left has a sign, part of which can be read under a magnifying glass as 'wool warehouse', and underneath on the shop lintel is a faint sign which may include the word 'bookseller" On the right of the photograph a small weatherboard shop bears the sign 'Andrew, Bellhanger'. - W. Westcott of 63 Collins Street, advertised new and second-hand books and a circulating library in Wood's Tasmanian Almanac, 1856 (p.126). The same advertisement appears in Walch's Tasmanian Almanac, 1864, but in the 1865 Almanac the address is given as 63 & 65 Collins Street. However, Hull's Hobart Town Directory, 1859 lists W. Westcott as 65 Collins Street', (65 being apparently the middle shop), so possibly both premises were already occupied by Westcott. By 1871 it had become Westcott's Circulating Library, 63, 65 &67 Collins Street. In 1879 the advertisement read (Westcott, Beedham & Co. circulating library and importers of books, stationery and music', The last advertisement in Walch's almanac appeared in 1881. The Christian Knowledge Society (Tasmanian Auxiliary, President the Lord Bishop of Tasmania}, for which Westcott acted as depository was first listed in Walch's Almanac under (Societies and Institutions) in 1869 (p. 132). John Andrew, Bellhanger, Collins Street, advertised in Wood's Almanac in 1856 (p. 148L and is listed in HuWs Hobart Town Directory of 1859 at 61 Colllns Street. He does not appear in Walch's Almanac of 1863 or any later date, nor was he listed in Macphail's National Directory of Tasmania, 1867-68. S. Clifford, photographer, Liverpool Street, Hobart Town (photographer of album and stereographic portraits, private buildings, shipping, monuments....L advertised in Walch's Almanac of 1864 (p. 43) and again annually up to 1869. It would seem, therefore, that the photograph was probably taken between 1863 and 1869. It is a clear photograph of exceptional quality.

Kenneth McKenzie Dallas

Thomas Alcock: last will and testament

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC DX2
  • Collection
  • 1856

Photocopy of the last will and testament of Thomas Alcock, dated 1856, leaving legacies to his children and his second wife, Ann. Executors were Thomas Lodywyk Crowther, surgeon, and John Regan, tanner.

Thomas Alcock

Mercer Farm Accounts

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC M15
  • Collection
  • 1861-1876

Collection consists of five ledgers containing details of wages and accounts, rations and shearing for two properties, Morningside and Riccarton. Located at Campbell Town in northern Tasmania and owned and managed by James Mercer.

James Mercer

Degree of Associate of Arts

Diploma of degree of Associate of Arts awarded to Henry Lewis Garrett of Hobart Town, who passed in English, Latin(with credit and prize) Greek, French (with credit) and pure mathematics and was placed in the second class Signed by H. Officer, president of the Tasmanian Council of Education. Diploma has decorative border of oak leaves and acorns designed by Henry Hunter and engraved by Alfred Bock.

Henry Lewis Garrett

Henry Lewis Garrett : Degree of Associate of Arts

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC C8
  • Collection
  • 1863

Diploma of degree of Associate of Arts awarded to Henry Lewis Garrett of Hobart Town, who passed in English, Latin(with credit and prize) Greek, French (with credit) and pure mathematics and was placed in the second class Signed by H. Officer, president of the Tasmanian Council of Education. Seal of Tasmanian Council of Education 1859, red wax, lozenge shaped, backed paper: open book "Floreat Tasmania' on diamond pattern, in tin (separate from document). Diploma has decorative border of oak Leaves and acorns designed by Henry Hunter and engraved by Alfred Bock.

Henry Lewis Garrett

1863-1876 : Ledger Morningside Estate

Ledger for "Morningside Estate" at Campbell Town Norther Tasmania, detailing piece work and rations, some accounts signed as received by the worker, dated 1863-1876

James Mercer

Diaries of Sarah E.E. Mitchell

From the age of 13 Sarah Mitchell daily noted in her journal the state of the weather, her routine activities about the house and property, visits of friends, an occasional trip to Hobart, as in August 1872, and her visit to Europe in 1900-1. The first three diaries are written in home made notebooks, the remainder in printed 'Letts' diaries. Some entries are 'cross written'. There is no diary for 1936.
Some of the journals include monthly cash accounts, mostly of small payments for such items as petticoats and gloves; also, for example in 1830, 'butter account' (including receipts, payments for carriage, etc.) and 'Kennedia' account (rent received, sheep bought
from father, taxes, rates etc.).

Sarah E.E. Mitchell

Diary 1866-1868 & 1869-1870

Diary of Sarah E.E. Mitchell of Lisdillon on the East Coast of Tasmania from November 12th 1866 to June 20th 1868 and from July 13 1869 to May 31st 1870. From the age of thirteen she daily noted in her journal the state of the weather, her routine activities about the house and property and visits of friends.

Sarah E.E. Mitchell

George Fordyce Story

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC RS41
  • Collection
  • 1867-1875

Two volumes of meteorological observations made by Dr. Story at Kelvedon, Great Swanport and letter from patient M.A. Wilson, of Swansea.

George Fordyce Story

Letter from Michael Maxwell Shaw

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC RS66
  • Collection
  • 1869

Letter from Michael Maxwell Shaw dated 7 July 1869 to William Boyer about the 'Castra' settlement - "I think that a society of gentlemen at Castra would do much to establish a sound tone of feeling and manners through the island". He also describes
his own home 'Deans Point' La Trobe, formerly a coal mine and good dairy land.

Michael Maxwell Shaw

Diary 1870-1872

Diary of Sarah E.E. Mitchell of Lisdillon on the East Coast of Tasmania from June 1st 1870 to January 19th 1872. From the age of thirteen she daily noted in her journal the state of the weather, her routine activities about the house and property and visits of friends.

Sarah E.E. Mitchell

Diary 1872-1873

Diary of Sarah E.E. Mitchell of Lisdillon on the East Coast of Tasmania from January 1872 - December 1873. From the age of thirteen she daily noted in her journal the state of the weather, her routine activities about the house and property and visits of friends.

Sarah E.E. Mitchell

Diary 1874

Diary of Sarah E.E. Mitchell of Lisdillon on the East Coast of Tasmania - 1874. From the age of thirteen she daily noted in her journal the state of the weather, her routine activities about the house and property and visits of friends.

Sarah E.E. Mitchell

Hull Family

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC RS102
  • Collection
  • 1874-1940

Draft assessment roll for municipality of Glenorchy and reminiscences of T.J.M. Hull, 1940, about the 'Great Flood' of Glenorchy in 1872

Hull Family

Diary 1875

Diary of Sarah E.E. Mitchell of Lisdillon on the East Coast of Tasmania -1875. From the age of thirteen she daily noted in her journal the state of the weather, her routine activities about the house and property and visits of friends.

Sarah E.E. Mitchell

Diary 1876

Diary of Sarah E.E. Mitchell of Lisdillon on the East Coast of Tasmania - 1876. From the age of thirteen she daily noted in her journal the state of the weather, her routine activities about the house and property and visits of friends.

Sarah E.E. Mitchell

The Mercury - 21 June 1887

One newspaper, The Mercury, published by Charles Ellis Davies, Macquarie St., Hobart . This edition : Golden Jubilee of Queen Victoria Supplement dated 21 June 1887

Charles Ellis Davies

Diary 1877

Diary of Sarah E.E. Mitchell of Lisdillon on the East Coast of Tasmania - 1877. From the age of thirteen she daily noted in her journal the state of the weather, her routine activities about the house and property and visits of friends.

Sarah E.E. Mitchell

Braddon's : A home in the colonies

Photocopies of thirty letters written by Edward Nicholas Coventry Braddon and published serially in The Calcutta Statesman & Friend of India, May to October 1878, describing life in Tasmania.

Sir Edward Nicholas Coventry Braddon

Waratah

Photograph of the town of Waratah, Tasmania (visited by J B Walker 1887) c1878-88

James Backhouse Walker

Diary 1878

Diary of Sarah E.E. Mitchell of Lisdillon on the East Coast of Tasmania - 1878. From the age of thirteen she daily noted in her journal the state of the weather, her routine activities about the house and property and visits of friends.

Sarah E.E. Mitchell

Edward Braddon Collection

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC B3
  • Collection
  • 1878-1980

Photocopies of thirty letters written by Edward Nicholas Coventry Braddon and published serially in The Calcutta Statesman & Friend of India, May to October 1878, describing life in Tasmania. entitled "A home in the colonies" also THRA article and reprint dated 1979 & 1980

Sir Edward Nicholas Coventry Braddon

Diary 1879

Diary of Sarah E.E. Mitchell of Lisdillon on the East Coast of Tasmania - 1879. From the age of thirteen she daily noted in her journal the state of the weather, her routine activities about the house and property and visits of friends.

Sarah E.E. Mitchell

Diary 1880

Diary of Sarah E.E. Mitchell of Lisdillon on the East Coast of Tasmania - 1880. From the age of thirteen she daily noted in her journal the state of the weather, her routine activities about the house and property and visits of friends.

Sarah E.E. Mitchell

Friends' Meeting House, Murray Street

Photograph titled First Friends' Meeting House: The first Quaker Meeting House in Hobart. A cottage at 39 Murray Street which was bought by James Backhouse in 1837 with a loan from Meeting for Sufferings, London. The cost was £400 including alterations. Shows Mr Cheverton and Mr Shields and uniformed police constable in front, Holy Trinity Church on hill in background. From 12 February 1832 the visiting Quakers James Backhouse and George Washington Walker held periods of worship in the Quaker manner and others sought leave to join them. These included ex-English Friends who had been transported, some of whom were still prisoners, other convicts and ‘locals’, together with four current members. The gatherings were held in private homes and various rented rooms. The Hobart Meeting began in 1833 when the first Meeting for Discipline was held on 20 September 1833 at the home of Thomas Crouch, Bathurst Street. Members present were Thomas Squire, Ann Pollard (minor), James Backhouse and George Washington Walker. Photograph (mounted) J. Bishop, Osborne (& copy neg)

George Musgrave Parker

Edward le Rossignol: Scrip certificates

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC R9
  • Collection
  • 1881-1891

This collection is comprised of scrip certificates of shares issued to Edward le Rossignol of New Town in Tasmanian mines: Royal Mint Gold Mining Company, North Mount Cameron; Savage River Silver Prospecting Company; City Prospecting Association, West Coast; Sunrise Prospecting Association; Godkin Silver Mining Co., Whyte River Tasmania; New Waverly Gold Mining Co., Lefroy, Tasmania; South Oceana Silver Mining Co. , Zeehan.

Edward le Rossignol

Diary 1881

Diary of Sarah E.E. Mitchell of Lisdillon on the East Coast of Tasmania - 1881. From the age of thirteen she daily noted in her journal the state of the weather, her routine activities about the house and property and visits of friends.

Sarah E.E. Mitchell

Mount Bischoff

Photograph of the Mount Bischoff in the early days, undated but thought to be c1885-1890

James Backhouse Walker

Gormanston

Photograph thought to be the town of Gormanston c1885-90

James Backhouse Walker

Diary, pocketbooks and letters

Diary and other material relating to Edwin Charles Fuller (1885-1921) father of W.E. Fuller
Diary dated 1888. Probably kept by E. C. Fuller. Occasional entries only. Refers to "Mother and Marion (e.g. took Mother & Marion to Black Bush), Charley, Bessie, Ada, Margaret and Mary (Margaret plans Mary disposes"); also to mining shares and mine claim especially "Castle Carey", and to council meetings ('.'attended council meeting in morning going through assessment roll").

William Edwin Fuller

Edwin Charles Fuller

Diary and other material relating to Edwin Charles Fuller (1885-1921) father of W.E. Fuller

William Edwin Fuller

Stewart James Anderson Diaries

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC A5
  • Collection
  • 1889-1926

The copies of the diaries are dated between 1889 and 1926 and contain brief entries for each day. They relate to both personal and farm activities and appear to relate to a comparatively small general farm.
For example: "stayed at house and made a set of steps for the dairy"; "reaped 1 1/2 acres oats for seed"; "stocked up oats and made a rake"; commenced putting in culvert down by cottage"; ''2 loads of hay - too green"; "grubbing large boulder stones out of 18 acres"; "went to morning service ¬ Archdeacon Richards preached"; "made organ stool for Black River Church"; "party of young people from Smithton for evening"; "picked the quinces and some apples, killed a sheep"; "8 loads of cut up wood for home during winter"; "putting up wire fence by potato shed to let calves get shelter under the pines"; "pottering around all day, Leon called"; "1/2 day in vegetable garden"; "marked lambs. Worked 4 hours at P.O."; "Carl finished ploughing 6 acres for peas"; "helped to cut chaff for Mr L. Medwin"; "carting hay, Frank Medwin with team". The entries appear to relate to a comparatively small general farm and by 1918 Anderson's children (daughter at Stanley, and Leon) were grown up and were living independently. One diary is dated 1889 and was much damaged with parts of pages tom or worn away. The 1889 entries are similar (eg: "made bullock yoke"; "Joe took load of potatoes to township"; "boiled pig potatoes").

Stewart James Anderson

Diary 1889

Diary of Sarah E.E. Mitchell of Lisdillon on the East Coast of Tasmania - 1882. From the age of thirteen she daily noted in her journal the state of the weather, her routine activities about the house and property and visits of friends.

Sarah E.E. Mitchell

1889 - Diary

Diary belonging to Steward James Anderson of Black River, Stanley, dated January to September 1889. Some entries in another hand and some pages damaged by damp and defective.

Stewart James Anderson

Diary 1891

Diary of Sarah E.E. Mitchell of Lisdillon on the East Coast of Tasmania - 1891. From the age of thirteen she daily noted in her journal the state of the weather, her routine activities about the house and property and visits of friends.

Sarah E.E. Mitchell

Cradle Mountain

Manuscript, miscellaneous papers and correspondence regarding Cradle Mountain

Archibald Lawrence Meston

Frederick K. Astell

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC DX22
  • Collection
  • 1897

Letter written by Frederick K. Astell a miner from Zeehan to his uncle, referring to a downfall in the share market, friends and family, the Waratah to Zeehan railway would be a boon to the coast if constructed, house on Argent Tram property, changes and building at Zeehan, Zeehan and Queen mines lodes good, working underground at Western, then underground boss at North East Dundas.

Frederick K. Astell

Port Davey

Photograph taken of Port Davey, South West Tasmania landing from a boat, dated 28th August 1898

James Backhouse Walker

The Examiner - 19th December 1900

One newspaper, The Examiner, Christmas Supplement, published Wednesday 19th December 1900, includes historical articles and illustration on Port Arthur, Launceston and others.

The Examiner Newspaper

The Weekly Courier - 6th July 1901

Two pages only of the Weekly Courier dated 6th July 1901 . Pages 23-30 - Beattie photographs of 'Glenora' the estate of Mr L.M Shoobridge at Bushy Park, Tasmania, depicts house, man on bank and ladies in a row boat on the lake, other photos of hopfields, apple orchards, hop picking and apple picking, fruit store and hop drying klin. Eight Beattie photographs of the Royal visit to Tasmania.

Henry Button

Salmon Ponds at Plenty

Photograph showing the first hatchery building built in 1870 at the Salmon Ponds at Plenty surrounded by landscaped grounds filled with exotic trees.

Bookshop photographs

Book shop photographs. Library, probably Angus & Robertson, Sydney c. 1909 including Miss Frances Ruby Evans (later Mrs. W. E. Fuller) Collins Street, Arcade, W. E. and Mrs. Fuller and Miss C. Parker standing in front of opening in brickwork, 1930 (also cutting of Illustrated Tasmanian Mail, 3 December 1930). Snapshots of books being loaded on truck outside house and unloading outside
"Goodwill Store", Elizabeth Street (Fullers was in basement under "Goodwill") with negatives. c. 1932 - 1935 Tasmanian Book Club display, J. Walch &Sons. N.D. W. E. Fuller in Bookshelf Gallery.- Views in bookshop c. 1940 - 50. Booksellers' Conference
N.D. (c. 1930):­ Photo C. J. Frazer, Melbourne Photo (framed N.D. (?1930-40) Also snapshots of Booksellers' Conference,Hobart, (with negatives.)

William Edwin Fuller

Earle Collection

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC E4
  • Collection
  • 1909-1931

Material relating to John Earles parliamentary career including his appointment as attorney general, photographs and material belonging to his wife Susanna Earle nee Blackmore

John Earle

John Earle

Material relating to John Earles parliamentary career including his appointment as attorney general, photographs and pamphlets

John Earle

Appointment as Attorney General

Letter Patent on parchment dated 20th October 1909 , appointment of John Earle as Attorney General. Earle led a minority Labor Government as Premier and Attorney-General from April 1914 until the Government’s defeat at the election of April 1916

John Earle

Results 1 to 100 of 1889