West Coast Tasmania



Scope note(s)

Source note(s)

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

West Coast Tasmania

West Coast Tasmania

Equivalent terms

West Coast Tasmania

Associated terms

West Coast Tasmania

51 Archival description results for West Coast Tasmania

28 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

Crossing King River railway bridge 1970

Colour photograph shows a person and two motor vehicles on the span of steel truss bridge built for the North Mount Lyell railway to cross the King River, near Crotty, taken in 1970; bridge later submerged by Lake Burbury.

Hal Wyatt

Crotty and Mount Jukes 1970

Colour photograph shows low heath and scrub, heavily timbered foothills and rocky outcrops atop Mount Jukes, near Crotty.

Hal Wyatt

Crotty Main Street January 1970

Colour photograph depicts gravel track in bush clearing at base of mountain range, the former main street of the town of Crotty, taken in 1970.

Hal Wyatt

Edward le Rossignol: Scrip certificates

  • Collection
  • 1881-1891

This collection is comprised of scrip certificates of shares issued to Edward le Rossignol of New Town in Tasmanian mines: Royal Mint Gold Mining Company, North Mount Cameron; Savage River Silver Prospecting Company; City Prospecting Association, West Coast; Sunrise Prospecting Association; Godkin Silver Mining Co., Whyte River Tasmania; New Waverly Gold Mining Co., Lefroy, Tasmania; South Oceana Silver Mining Co. , Zeehan.

Edward le Rossignol

Frederick K. Astell

  • Collection
  • 1897

Letter written by Frederick K. Astell a miner from Zeehan to his uncle, referring to a downfall in the share market, friends and family, the Waratah to Zeehan railway would be a boon to the coast if constructed, house on Argent Tram property, changes and building at Zeehan, Zeehan and Queen mines lodes good, working underground at Western, then underground boss at North East Dundas.

Frederick K. Astell


Photograph thought to be the town of Gormanston c1885-90

James Backhouse Walker

Images of West Coast Tasmania

  • AU TAS UTAS ITCCD 2017/1
  • Collection
  • 1890s

This collection is a sample of images of Queenstown, Zeehan and Macquarie Harbour, sourced from the Colin Dennison image collection. Most of the images were originally created prior to 1956 and have been sourced from private Tasmanian collections. Most of the images have been obtained by scanning photographs either donated to or purchased by Mr Dennison or copied by him with the permission of families, one or more of whose members took the photographs. Some of the images can be identified as copies of original images created by government departments which were discarded and destroyed.

Colin Dennison (Curator)

Lake Timk and Mount Anne

Colour photograph shows Lake Timk and Mount Anne in distance GIS: Latitude -4293 Longitude 14646 Gazetteer Australia Record_ID TAS16882

Mount Bischoff

Photograph of the Mount Bischoff in the early days, undated but thought to be c1885-1890

James Backhouse Walker

Mt Solitary and Lake Pedder

Colour photograph taken from elevated mountain ridge, shows valley floor looking west to Mount Solitary and original shoreline of Lake Pedder

People's Park, Strahan

Photograph of People's Park Strahan, initialed "J M W". Glossy print, amateurishly mounted

James Backhouse Walker

Port Davey

Photograph taken of Port Davey, South West Tasmania landing from a boat, dated 28th August 1898

James Backhouse Walker

Sarah Island

Photograph of Sarah Island, convict settlement. Photographed "from a watercolour in the possession of James B Walker, made by a prisoner at the settlement and given to George Washington Walker on his visit
there in the year 1832" (endorsed ms by? J B Walker)

James Backhouse Walker


Photograph of the town of Waratah, Tasmania (visited by J B Walker 1887) c1878-88

James Backhouse Walker