Bothwell

Taxonomy

Code

Scope note(s)

Source note(s)

Display note(s)

Hierarchical terms

Bothwell

Equivalent terms

Bothwell

Associated terms

Bothwell

25 Archival description results for Bothwell

25 results directly related Exclude narrower terms

Clifton Priory atop Barrack Hill, Bothwell

Colour photograph of Clifton Priory, Bothwell. National heritage register citation is as follows: “Two storey stone Tudor Gothic house built in 1847-8 by Rev. Robert Wilson from public subscription. Wilson caused a scandal when he ran into financial difficulties and sold it owing a considerable sum. The house is magnificently sited on Barrack Hill from where it enjoys fine views of Bothwell, the Clyde River and surrounding countryside.”

Former Coffee Palace, doctor’s surgery and hotel at Bothwell

Colour photograph of former coffee palace, hotel and doctor’s surgery at 90 Dalrymple Street Bothwell. Citation on National heritage register: “A two storey brick and stucco Georgian building with a stone rear section, licensed as the Young Queen from 1851-1877 when the name was changed to Maskell's Hotel. The building appears in a book on Colonial architecture by Hardy Wilson with a crinolined lady at the doorway with luggage and bird cage. The building is an important townscape element.”

Former Crown Inn at Bothwell

Colour photograph shows former Crown Inn at 15 Alexander Street, Bothwell, with distinctive colour crown insignia above first-storey veranda and coloured light globes mounted along balcony

People standing outside former Coffee Palace, Bothwell

Colour photograph of people standing beside motor vehicles parked outside former coffee palace, hotel and doctor’s surgery at 90 Dalrymple Street Bothwell. Citation on National heritage register: “A two storey brick and stucco Georgian building with a stone rear section, licensed as the Young Queen from 1851-1877 when the name was changed to Maskell's Hotel. The building appears in a book on Colonial architecture by Hardy Wilson with a crinolined lady at the doorway with luggage and bird cage. The building is an important townscape element.”

The Bothwell Centenarian

One newspaper, The Bothwell centenarian : 1830-1930. Printed and published by the Critic Pty. Ltd. for the Centenary Committee of the Bothwell Presbyterian Church, 1930 . Saturday, May 24, 1930.
4 p. : ill. ; 69 cm.

Bothwell Presbyterian Church : Centenary Committee

View of Clifton Priory and powerlines across front lawn

Colour photograph of Clifton Priory, Bothwell, showing powerlines across front lawn below hedge. National heritage register citation is as follows: “Two storey stone Tudor Gothic house built in 1847-8 by Rev. Robert Wilson from public subscription. Wilson caused a scandal when he ran into financial difficulties and sold it owing a considerable sum. The house is magnificently sited on Barrack Hill from where it enjoys fine views of Bothwell, the Clyde River and surrounding countryside.”

View of Clifton Priory atop Barrack Hill, Bothwell

Colour photograph of Clifton Priory, Bothwell, showing gardens, lawn and hedge below front door. National heritage register citation is as follows: “Two storey stone Tudor Gothic house built in 1847-8 by Rev. Robert Wilson from public subscription. Wilson caused a scandal when he ran into financial difficulties and sold it owing a considerable sum. The house is magnificently sited on Barrack Hill from where it enjoys fine views of Bothwell, the Clyde River and surrounding countryside.”

William & John Clark Family Papers

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC RS8
  • Collection
  • 1812-1887

The William and John Clark Papers are a record of a settler family in Tasmania. They include papers concerning the management of the Cluny property, a few papers relating to Bothwell and John Clark's correspondence concerning his work as a magistrate. There are also letters to John Clark from William Barnes (1791 ?-1848). brewer of Launceston, 1829-1839; Matthew Curling Friend of Newnham, Port Officer
at George Town, 1833-1841, and from Charles Arthur (1808-1884), nephew of and Aide-de-Camp to Lt.
Governor George Arthur, 1827-1829. There are also letters from British army officers' wives and daughters addressed to Jane Clark. Also included are papers relating to the Weston Family, Ann (neeClark) and William Pritchard Weston

William Clark