Parchment document bound with green ribbon and sealed with red wax. Letters Patent of King George V granting recognition throughout the Kingdom, empire and Dominions of degrees conferred by the University of Tasmania in Arts, Science, Law, Medicine, Music and all branches of knowledge except Theology
Envelope address to Walter Harrison containing: Photograph of Natural History Museum, London; photograph of Sir William Crowther standing next to a memorial, Highfield, Circular Head (1967); colour photograph of portrait (? Mrs Crowther)
Printed paper presented by the Secretary of The Royal Society of Tasmania entitled 'Language & dialects spoken by the Aborigines of Tasmania, compiled from official and other vocabularies and arranged for comparison by J.E. Calder’. Published by the Parliament of Tasmania in 1901
Copy of catalogue and letter from Rolf Hennequel, Newnham Tasmania, also copy of translation of Italian poem on Trucanini (Truganini) and letters to the University Librarian urging its publication in Togatus.
Copy of a letter from Henry Hellyer to Edward Curr, dated 29 November 1828, describing a journey to Mt. Farrell, the Fury Gorge, Barn Bluff and Cradle Mountain, and the discovery of river Mackintosh and Eldon Range
Article written in 1968 about the Circular Head scientific journal article by T. Iredale and G. P. Whitley (gift of T. E. Burns) R.C. Gunn, while police magistrate at Circular Head in 1836, wrote and edited the Circular Head scientific journal.
a) Copy (by Janet Pitty) of return of lots of land sold by the Crown 1833 b) Photocopy of part of list of land Grants c) List of Crown grants of 1000 acres and over before June 1823 by W. G. Robertson & Cecil Allport typed also copy on reading room shelves)
A narrative of the sufferings of certain of the ten convicts who piratically seized the brig Frederick at Macquarie Harbour in Van Diernen's Land , as related by one of the said convicts whilst lying under sentence of death for this offence in the Gaol at Hobart Town. Ms. note: 'written by James Porter a convict who arrived by the 'Asia' in Nov. 1827'.
The story of the Parramore family by E. M. Cooper, The Morrows, Yankalilla, S.A. 1953. Pamphlet, including extracts from letters of William Parramore (1797-1854, m. Thirza Cooper), who settled in V.D.L. in 1823, and reminiscences of Beaufront.
Xerox copy of a letter from Sophia Summerfield to Wlliam Mawle, 27 Jan, 1831. Also xerox copies of depositions relating to theft from estate of the late William Mawle, Mawles Hotel, Baghdad. (xerox copies of originals owned by G. Cramp)
Circular letter from the Bishop giving notice of confirmation on 18 May 1844, advising that the 'most proper age for confirmation' was sixteen and that careful teaching was necessary in preparation. Plus xerox copy of similar notice 1846.
Photograph of the Union Chapel, Bathurst Street, Hobart. View of the interior (looking down over the pews towards dais and railed chancel, hanging lamp and windows (which are overexposed and faint). Now "The Playhouse"
Ambrotypes in case of two unidentified portraits. Woman in left side of case and on right side man, seated, thin face, side -burns, white shirt. Background of drapery and mountain view. Head lightly tinted, shirt front painted white. two portraits in oval frames in one case.
Ambrotype in case of a woman, seated, youngish, hair straight, drawn back off face, lace collar, gold chain, background drapery and vase of roses. Head, chain and background lightly coloured. in a case of tooled imitation leather, lined with red velvet.
Photographs of Lake St. Clair at the southern end of the Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair National Park. Is part of the Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area. The Cradle Mountain-Lake St Clair area was declared a scenic reserve in 1922, a wildlife reserve in 1927, a national park in 1947 and a world heritage area from 1982.
Photographs of Maatsuyker Island located 5.5 kilometres off the south coast of Tasmania. The island comprises part of the Southwest National Park and is a Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Site. The Maatsuyker Island Lighthouse, the southernmost Australian lighthouse, is located on the southern tip of the island