Item 5 - 'The story of the Cross'

Identity area

Reference code



'The story of the Cross'


  • 1896 (Creation)

Level of description


Extent and medium

1 printed paper

Context area

Name of creator


Administrative history

Romanesque church built in 1839-1841 to a design of convict architect James Blackburn. The church was constructed by Joseph Moir for a cost of approximately $2600 which was raised by public subscription.The first Rector of St Mark’s was the Rev John Burrowes. For more information see

Immediate source of acquisition or transfer

Content and structure area

Scope and content

The story of the Cross. Hymns and music

Appraisal, destruction and scheduling


System of arrangement

Conditions of access and use area

Conditions governing access

Conditions governing reproduction

This material is made available for personal research and study purposes under the University of Tasmania Standard Copyright Licence. For any further use permission should be obtained from the copyright owners. For assistance please contact

When reusing this material, please cite the reference number and provide the following acknowledgement:
“Courtesy of the UTAS Library Special & Rare Collections”

Language of material

Script of material

Language and script notes

Physical characteristics and technical requirements

Finding aids

Existence and location of originals

Existence and location of copies

Related units of description

Related descriptions

Publication note

The story of the Cross. Musical score held

Alternative identifier(s)

Access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Description identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used


Level of detail

Dates of creation revision deletion

CE November 2018




Accession area

Related people and organizations

Related genres

Related places