Pièce AK39 - Stone cottage with shingle roof

Original Document numérique not accessible

Zone d'identification

Cote

AU TAS UTAS ITCCD 2017/3-AK39

Titre

Stone cottage with shingle roof

Date(s)

  • 1960s (Production)

Niveau de description

Pièce

Étendue matérielle et support

1 digital file

Zone du contexte

Nom du producteur

(1923-2004)

Notice biographique

Hal Wyatt, born Hobart (1923-2004), a taxation officer, steam buff, restorer of historic machinery, sailor, and amateur photographer, took several thousand photographs in Tasmania over more than six decades. As a child, Hal Wyatt lived in several locations across Tasmania including Queenstown, Wynyard and Deloraine, following the postings of his father John Burgess Wyatt (1902-1975), who worked with the Postmaster General’s Department. Hal's mother was born into the Hale family, a line of watermen or boatmen, who worked on the Derwent River in the 19th and early 20th century. Hal’s paternal grandfather, Benjamin Wyatt, had been a photographer and publisher of scenic postcards in England, at Kingsbridge in the South Hams district of Devonshire. Hal Wyatt was educated at St Hilda’s School, Deloraine and Launceston State High School, where he completed his leaving examination and public service examination in 1941. He began work with the Australian Taxation Office in Hobart, then in the latter part of World War II enlisted with the Royal Australian Navy, joining the crew of the HMAS Junee, an Australian-built Bathurst class corvette, commissioned in 1944, completing missions off New Guinea. After the war, Hal returned to work for the ATO in Hobart, settling with his wife Joyce (nee Hope) at Howrah on the eastern shore of the Derwent River, where they raised three children, David, Marian and Kerin. In his spare time, he restored engines, ships and yachts and built a caravan for family holidays around Tasmania, many of which coincided with trips to look at steam trains and search for derelict engines and machinery. He was involved in the Ship Lovers’ Society of Tasmania, which was the precursor of the Maritime Museum of Tasmania, as well as the Tasmanian Transport Museum at Glenorchy.

Source immédiate d'acquisition ou de transfert

Part of Colin Dennison collection donated to UTAS, 2016.

Zone du contenu et de la structure

Portée et contenu

Colour photograph of stone cottage at Callington Mill, Oatlands, with weatherbeaten timber shingles, surrounded by wire mesh and paling fence around small garden, with nearby livestock pens.

Évaluation, élimination et calendrier de conservation

Accroissements

Mode de classement

Zone des conditions d'accès et d'utilisation

Conditions d’accès

Available for private research and study.

Conditions de reproduction

Copyright held by the estate of Hal Wyatt. For permission to reproduce please contact UTAS SPARC special.collections@utas.edu.au

Langue des documents

Écriture des documents

Notes sur la langue et l'écriture

Caractéristiques matérielle et contraintes techniques

Instruments de recherche

Existence et lieu de conservation des originaux

Existence et lieu de conservation des copies

Unités de description associées

Descriptions associées

Identifiant(s) alternatif(s)

Mots-clés

Mots-clés - Lieux

Mots-clés - Noms

Mots-clés - Genre

Identifiant de la description

Identifiant du service d'archives

Règles et/ou conventions utilisées

Statut

Niveau de détail

Dates de production, de révision, de suppression

Langue(s)

Écriture(s)

Sources

This cottage is situated in the Oatlands Mill complex https://www.callingtonmill.com.au/ https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/photo/australia-tasmania-oatlands-old-stone-high-res-stock-photography/158317122

Document numérique (Matrice) zone des droits

Document numérique (Référence) zone des droits

Document numérique (Vignette) zone des droits

Zone des entrées

Personnes et organismes associés

Genres associés

Lieux associés