Colour photograph of Aveling & Porter Limited steam roller, working on levelling flat area of gravel and sand opposite City Park, Launceston, off Cimitiere Street. Three motor vehicles visible in background.
Colour photograph shows yacht with spinnaker hoisted, sailing on Derwent River, the Astor, purportedly in 1962 Sydney-Hobart Yacht Race, photograph quite possibly taken in 1961, 1963 or 1964 race when the craft took line honours.
Colour photograph depicts vehicular traffic on the temporary, floating Hobart Bridge, as consctruction begins downstream on the multi-lane Tasman Bridge to join the eastern and western shores of the river.
Colour photograph shows how a belt is connected to drive wheel of a steam engine and a baler, at a demonstration held near central arena at Elphin Showground, Launceston, also set up for sheepdog trials
Colour photograph of three steam engines in Best’s yard, Devonport, taken 1959; depicts three steam engines in a clearing in a eucalyptus bush setting with pile of scrap timber suitable for fuel and green motor vehicle.
Colour photograph, taken overhead, of three-masted ship berthed at pier on Burnie wharf, undated; timber stacked on concrete surface of wharf, motor vehicles parked on wharf; five smaller single-masted vessels and dinghies, also tied to nearby jetty.
Colour photograph of boats moored at Constitution Dock, Hobart, early 1970s, with distinctive 11-storey brown clad Marine Board of Hobart building, visible in background. Image was erroneously labelled as being taken in 1954, but Marine Board of Hobart building was constructed between 1970 and 1972.
Colour photograph shows construction of the Tasman Bridge, in early 1960s, as viewed from the eastern shore of the Derwent River; the floating Hobart Bridge is visible in foreground; Mount Wellington in distance, with dry grasslands in the foothills of the mountains, visible on western shore of river.
Colour photograph shows construction of a temporary traffic span of the new Tasman Bridge, as viewed from the western shore of the Derwent River, in 1964; the floating Hobart Bridge upstream is visible in background.
Colour photograph depicts team of eight red oxen, most likely Red Devon or Shorthorn cattle, pulling a wagon on concrete roadway, in Dunn Street, Hobart, 1952, towards the city away from waterfront, wagon laden with hessian bags, children riding on wagon alongside several hatted men; passing in front of newly extended weatherboard building with newly installed windows; exterior of 1902 sandstone Customs House visible in background. Photograph is taken looking towards current site of Tasmanian Museum Art Gallery courtyard entrance, in area now known as Dunn Place.
Colour photograph shows a child sailor at the rudder of a cadet dinghy on Derwent River sailing upstream, while another pleasure craft is travelling in opposite direction; both are sailing past the Royal Australian Navy ship, the Destroyer Escort, HMAS Torrens, (No. 53 emblazoned on the side) is berthed just off Port of Hobart.
Colour photograph depicts red C Class steam locomotive, steaming on line approaching Relbia Station railway platform, near Launceston, between Western Junction and Inveresk. The words: ?CENTENARY TRAIN 1871-1971? emblazoned on front of boiler.
Colour photograph of schoolchildren and sightseers crowding onto the track and climbing onto another train to look at the passing Centenary Train, pulled by two steam locomotives on the Tasmanian Government Railways line, at Westbury Station.
Colour photograph of the centre span of the Tasman Bridge is under construction in 1963, as viewed from a vehicle travelling on the nearby Hobart Bridge, which carries vehicular traffic across the Derwent River on a temporary, floating platform.
Colour photograph of a church building, constructed in greying sand stone, with ivy climbing up wall on attached building; originally the Chalmer’s Free Church and Manse, in Hobart, on the corner of Harrington and Bathurst streets, later the Chalmer’s Presbyterian Church; congregation merged with St Andrew’s in Hobart to form, Scots Church; Chalmers church building sold in 1954 to Neptune Oil Company, which demolished it to construct a fuel station.
Colour photograph of Cleburne Homestead, also known as the Mount Direction Homestead, a dwelling built in the 1830s at Risdon and threatened with demolition during the construction of the nearby Bowen Bridge.