Previsualizar a impressão Fechar

Mostrar 11071 resultados

Descrição arquivística
Previsualizar a impressão Ver:

7636 resultados com objetos digitais Mostrar resultados com objetos digitais

Graeme Raphael collection

Personal photograph album, coloured photographs and 35mm slides of Oatlands, buildings Jericho . Taken by Graeme Raphael who worked for the Department of Agriculture

Miscellaneous material

• Three A3 Display booklets – Hobart & surrounds – female factory
• Central Highlands photographs – Fred Smithies
• Oversized photographs – Hobart – cricket team
• Six views of Hobart from Sketches by T Chapam (fac. 1967)
• Hobart town Gazette Aug 2 1844
• Hobart Town Courier Dec 20 1833
• DVD – Portion of the Hobart floating bridge being transported to Geilston Bay – sunk 1964
• Circular Head Heritage Centre – Calendar 1999 -Celebrating 1798-1998 – BW images of region
• Article by RC Hutchinson “ The reverend John Hutchinson & “Mrs Hutchinson and the Female Factories of early Australia
• Family History of CJ Dennison + bookplate design
• Wapping notes from HCC

Hal Wyatt collection

Collection of 35mm slides taken by Hal Wyatt of Tasmanian scenes South West , Mt Field, Barn bluff etc

Hal Wyatt

Photographs

Loose photographs of Tasmania – roughly sorted by location & photographer

Lantern Slides

Lantern slides- Tasmanian : Mole Creek, Sheffield, Cradle Mountain, Hobart, Port Arthur , Launceston, Southport, West Coast. Some lantern slide sets eg “Rastus at Midnight” & “From Life Models” some coloured

Display booklets

• Two A4 display booklets with black & white photographs, Hobart & surrounds, buildings & boats
• A4 display booklet with collection of cuttings etc collected by CD in relation to books written by him and Mercury features “Echoes of the Past”
• Two Boxes of 35mm slides- Zinc Works -late 1960’s early 1970’s
• One box 35mm Slides – Ferntree pre & post 1967 bush fires
• Small black & white photos of Myrtle Gully ( South Hobart ) taken late 1950’s
• Three small (A5) photo albums – unidentified subjects - some photos Hobart
• B/W printed booklet by CJD “Tour to Port Arthur”
• Newspapers – Mercury Jan 1 2000, September 11 attach, Aug 16 1945 – VP day, 660 years of Norske Skog, 1901 Commonwealth of Australia - Day of Inauguration Jan 1 1901

Greg Dickenson slide collection

Slides taken by Greg Dickenson of Tall Ships in Hobart in 1988, Tasmanian maritime craft , Tasmanian railway stations, Tasmanian scenes and buildings

Greg Dickenson

Glass plates

Glass plates – Boxed glass plates & celluloid – most unnamed, box of unexposed plates. Glass plates of the West Coast – some named

Dennison Collection

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC 2022/5
  • Coleção
  • 2022

Collection of photographs, lantern slides, glass plate negatives and other material relating to Tasmanian History collected by Colin Dennison over a number of years

Colin Dennison (Curator)

Wolfhagen : a forgotten pioneer

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC 2022/7
  • Coleção
  • 2022

Photocopy of and article written by Davis Willis regarding Ernest Henry Waldemar Wolfhagen and the cultivation in Tasmania of the first commercially available reverse bicolor daffodil "Binkie".

David Willis

Hobart Town Turkish Bath Company

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC RS4
  • Coleção
  • 1866-1892

Collection of meeting minutes, directors meetings and share register for the Hobart Town Turkish Bath Company

Hobart Town Turkish Bath Company

Captain Charles O'Hara Booth Collection

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC RS31
  • Coleção
  • 1836-1854

Collection consists of correspondence, extracts of journal and code of semaphore signals

Charles O'Hara Booth

The Royal Society of Tasmania: Botanical Gardens

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC RSA/E
  • Coleção
  • 1845-1963

Collection consists of accounts for the sale of plants, receipted bills and detailed expenses, visitors books, work books, notebooks and administrative papers. See also entries in Council meeting minutes.

The Royal Society of Tasmania

Olive Pink Collection

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC P6
  • Coleção
  • 1931 -1973

Sketches, mainly in pencil and crayon, made by Olive Muriel Pink of flowers found in the north of South Australia, Central and North Australia. The majority were made between June and December 1930, at various places along the railway between Port Augusta and Alice Springs. Later sketches were made in various parts of Australia between 1931 and 1960, but often without a note of the place and date. The sketches were often hurriedly made on pieces of thin, cheap paper, or even pieces of cardboard or brown paper. Some were coloured with crayon and a few, more finished drawings were coloured with watercolours. A later donation was made of books, personal belongings and sketches. A second series was received from the family of Olive Pink in 2016, this series includes Olive Pink's book collection, photographs, paintings, letters, items of clothing and other ephemera and memorabilia, some of which are nationally significant in their own right - such as the book plate made by Adrian Feint, notes and sketches done whilst camping with Daisy Bates, and photographs documenting life in Central Australia.

Olive Pink

Waterfront buildings and Salamanca, Hobart, Tasmania

Lantern slide from the collection of James Backhouse Walker of waterfront buildings and Salamanca, Hobart,Tasmania. Thought to have been prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were in Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle Arcade, Hobart, until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

View of the Derwent River, Hobart, Tasmania

Lantern slide of view of the Derwent River, Hobart. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994. 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Bishop Nixon

Lantern slide of Bishop Nixon Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Streetscape, Hobart, Tasmania

Lantern slide from the collection of James Backhouse Walker of a streetscape in Hobart, Tasmania. Thought to have been prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were in Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle Arcade, Hobart, until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

House, Hunter Street, Hobart, Van Diemen's Land

Lantern slide of house in Hunter Street, Hobart. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

House in Hobart, Tasmania

Lantern slide of house in Hobart. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Early Hobart Town, Van Diemen's Land

Lantern slide from the collection of James Backhouse Walker of early Hobart Town, Van Diemen's Land from the harbour. Thought to have been prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were in Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle Arcade, Hobart, until 1994. Quaker Collection.

John Watt Beattie

Buildings, early Hobart, Tasmania

Lantern slide from the collection of James Backhouse Walker of buildings in early Hobart, Tasmania. Thought to have been prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were in Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle Arcade, Hobart, until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Buildings on the corner of Murray and Macquarie Street, Hobart ,Tasmania

Lantern slide from the collection of James Backhouse Walker of buildings on the corner of Murray and Macquarie Street, Hobart, Tasmania. Thought to have been prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were in Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle Arcade, Hobart, until 1994. Quaker Collection.

John Watt Beattie

Wybalena, Flinders Island

Lantern slide of Wybalena, Flinders Island. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Wood's hut, the Springs, Mount Wellington, Hobart, Tasmania

Lantern slide of Wood's hut, the Springs, Mount Wellington, Hobart. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Waterloo Hotel, corner Murray and Davey Streets, Hobart, Van Diemen's Land, 1832

Lantern slide of Waterloo Hotel on the corner of Murray and Davey Streets, Hobart - from a painting dated 1832. Renamed Waterloo Tavern in 1842. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Interior of chemistry laboratory, University of Tasmania, Queen's Domain, Hobart, late nineteenth century

Lantern slides of the University of Tasmania, Queen's Domain, Hobart. Views of exterior and laboratories and library. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994 (Collection Pr.S.Uni/1-8)

John Watt Beattie

Corner of library, University of Tasmania, Queen's Domain, Hobart, late nineteenth century

Lantern slides of the University of Tasmania, Queen's Domain, Hobart. Views of exterior and laboratories and library. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994 (Collection Pr.S.Uni/1-8)

John Watt Beattie

Exterior of chemical laboratory, University of Tasmania, Queen's Domain, Hobart, late nineteenth century

Lantern slides of the University of Tasmania, Queen's Domain, Hobart. Views of exterior and laboratories and library. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994 (Collection Pr.S.Uni/1-8)

John Watt Beattie

Entrance to physical laboratory & registrars office, University of Tasmania, Queen's Domain, Hobart, late nineteenth century

Lantern slides of the University of Tasmania, Queen's Domain, Hobart. Views of exterior and laboratories and library. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994 (Collection Pr.S.Uni/1-8)

John Watt Beattie

Interior of physical laboratory, University of Tasmania, Queen's Domain, Hobart, late nineteenth century

Lantern slides of the University of Tasmania, Queen's Domain, Hobart. Views of exterior and laboratories and library. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994 (Collection Pr.S.Uni/1-8)

John Watt Beattie

Exterior of physical laboratory, University of Tasmania, Queen's Domain, Hobart, late nineteenth century

Lantern slides of the University of Tasmania, Queen's Domain, Hobart. Views of exterior and laboratories and library. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994 (Collection Pr.S.Uni/1-8)

John Watt Beattie

South front, University of Tasmania, Queen's Domain, Hobart, late nineteenth century

Lantern slides of the University of Tasmania, Queen's Domain, Hobart. Views of exterior and laboratories and library. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994 (Collection Pr.S.Uni/1-8)

John Watt Beattie

University of Tasmania, Queen's Domain, Hobart, late nineteenth century

Lantern slides of the University of Tasmania, Queen's Domain, Hobart. Views of exterior and laboratories and library. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994 (Collection Pr.S.Uni/1-8)

John Watt Beattie

Henry Ling Roth (1855-1925) Tasmania

Lantern slide photograph of Henry Ling Roth. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

James Backhouse (1794-1869) Tasmania

Lantern slide of James Backhouse. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Tasmania Map

Lantern slide of maps of Tasmania. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Map of Tasmania

Lantern slide of maps of Tasmania. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

West Australian Aboriginal stone implements

Lantern slide of West Australian aboriginal stone implements. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Tedworth Aboriginal caves

Lantern slide of aboriginal caves at Tedworth. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Aboriginal caves Tedworth

Lantern slide of aboriginal caves at Tedworth. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Tree marked by aborigines, Tedworth

Lantern slide of a tree marked by aborigines at Tedworth. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Aboriginal implement quarry

Lantern slide of an aboriginal implement quarry at Tedworth. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Mixed race Tasmanians

Lantern slide of mixed race Tasmanian aborigines. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994. The fourth person from the left is believed to be Mary Everett and the fifth person is believed to be Bunny Brown.

John Watt Beattie

Ground stone Aboriginal implements

Lantern slide of ground stone aboriginal implements. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Tasmanian Aboriginal woman

Lantern slide of a Tasmanian aboriginal woman. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Tasmanian Aboriginal woman and child

Lantern slide of Tasmanian aboriginal woman and child 'after Labillardiere'. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994

John Watt Beattie

Tasmanian Aboriginal stone implements

Lantern slide of Tasmanian aboriginal stone implements. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Tasmanian Aboriginal profile

Lantern slide of Tasmanian aboriginal profile. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Tasmanian Aboriginal canoe and baskets

Lantern slide of Tasmanian aboriginal canoe and baskets. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Stonemason's house, Hobart ,Tasmania

Lantern slide from the collection of James Backhouse Walker of Stonemason's house, Hobart, Tasmania. Thought to have been prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were in Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle Arcade, Hobart, until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

St. David's Park, Davey Street, Hobart, Tasmania

Lantern slide from the collection of James Backhouse Walker of St. David's Park, Davey Street, Hobart, Tasmania. Thought to have been prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were in Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle Arcade, Hobart, until 1994. Quaker Collection.

John Watt Beattie

Solomon Islander making fire

Lantern slide of Solomon Islander making fire. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Salamanca from Wharf, Hobart Town, Van Diemen's Land

Lantern slide from the collection of James Backhouse Walker of Salamanca from the Wharf, Hobart Town, Van Diemen's Land 1847. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were in Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle Arcade, Hobart, until 1994. Quaker Collection.

John Watt Beattie

Parliament House, Hobart, Tasmania

Lantern slide of Parliament House, Hobart. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Old Government House, Hobart Town, Van Diemen's Land 1847

Lantern slide of early print of Old Government House, Hobart Town, Van Diemen's Land in 1847. From the collection of James Backhouse Walker. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were in Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle Arcade, Hobart, until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Old Ball Room where Town Hall now stands, Hobart

Lantern slide from the collection of James Backhouse Walker of the demolition of the old ball room where the Town Hall now stands, Hobart, Tasmania. Thought to have been prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were in Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle Arcade, Hobart, until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Liverpool Street, Hobart

Lantern slide of Liverpool Street, Hobart. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Jack, native of Cape Grim

Lantern slide of Jack, native of Cape Grim. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

J. Walch and Sons

Lantern slide of J. Walch and Sons, Macquarie Street, Hobart c1880. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Hobart Town, Van Diemen's Land, from Old Wharf in 1839

Lantern slide of Hobart Town, Van Diemen's Land, from Old Wharf in 1839. From the collection of James Backhouse Walker. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were in Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle Arcade, Hobart, until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Hobart Town, Van Diemen's Land in 1830

Lantern slide of early print of Hobart Town, Van Diemen's Land in 1830. From the collection of James Backhouse Walker. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were in Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle Arcade, Hobart, until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Hobart Town, Van Diemen's Land in 1817

Lantern slide of Hobart Town, Van Diemen's Land, in February, 1817. Inscribed with the words 'Hobart Town in 1817. Drawn by Lieut. Charles Jeffreys' - also shows the Government schooner the Kangaroo , church, Government House and Fort.

Charles Jeffreys

Hobart Town, Van Diemen's Land from the Harbour

Lantern slide of an early print of Hobart Town, Van Diemen's Land from the harbour. From the collection of James Backhouse Walker. Thought to have been prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were in Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle Arcade, Hobart, until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Hobart Town from Mulgrave Battery, Van Diemen's Land

Lantern slide of Hobart Town from Mulgrave Battery, Van Diemen's Land, in 1830. From the collection of James Backhouse Walker. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were in Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle Arcade, Hobart, until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Hobart Town Harbour, Van Diemen's Land

Lantern slide of Hobart Town Harbour, Van Diemen's Land, in 1830. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were in Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle Arcade, Hobart, until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Hobart Savings Bank

Lantern slide of Hobart Savings Bank, Murray Street Hobart c1860. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Governor Sir Thomas Gore Browne

Lantern slide of Governor Sir Thomas Gore Browne. Governor of Tasmania from 1861-1868. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Government House and St David's Cathedral, Van Diemen's Land

Lantern slide of Government House and St David's Cathedral, Van Diemen's Land. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994. Lantern slide of detail from 'The Seat of His Excellency Lieut. Govr. Arthur / drawn from Nature and on Stone' by Charles Atkinson d.1837

John Watt Beattie

George Washington Walker

Lantern slide of George Washington Walker (1800-1859). Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Elizabeth Street Hobart

Lantern slide of Elizabeth Street, Hobart looking north. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Runnymede, Hobart Town, Van Diemen's Land

Lantern slide from the collection of James Backhouse Walker of Runnymede, Hobart Town, Van Diemen's Land. Thought to have been prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were in Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle Arcade, Hobart, until 1994

John Watt Beattie

Captain Kelly's house

Lantern slide of Captain Kelly's house, Hobart, Tasmania. Thought to have been prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were in Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle Arcade, Hobart, until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Campbell & Minchin building

Lantern slide of Campbell and Minchin building, corner Elizabeth and Bathurst street, Hobart. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Plan of early Hobart Town

Lantern Slide of plan of early Hobart Town, from a survey done in 1804-1805, showing later alterations. The plan also appears in James Backhouse Walker's paper 'The Founding of Hobart, by Lieut.-Governor Collins' read to the Royal Society of Tasmania 14/10/1889. In this he describes the plan, "I am indebted to my friend Mr. Mault for a beautifully executed plan, which shows very clearly the original features of the ground, and the position of the first camp, and also indicates the alterations which have since taken place. It is taken from a survey made by Surveyor-General Harris in 1804-5. The original plan was discovered many years ago in the Lands Office at Sydney, and was presented by the New South Wales Government to our Lands Department. The Deputy- Commissioner of Crown Lands, Mr. Albert Reid, kindly presented me with a tracing of it."
Lantern slide thought to have been prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were in Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle Arcade, Hobart, until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Death of Lieutenant Governor David Collins

Lantern slide of the death of Lieutenant Governor David Collins, 1810. From The Derwent Star, and Van Diemen’s Land Intelligencer no. 7, Tuesday April 3rd 1810. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Funeral notice of Lieutenant Governor David Collins

Lantern slide of funeral notice of Lieutenant Governor David Collins, 1810. From The Derwent Star, and Van Diemen’s Land Intelligencer no. 7, Tuesday April 3rd 1810. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Hobart Town Gazette

Lantern slide of front page of the Hobart Town Gazette, June 1816. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Port Arthur

Lantern slide of Port Arthur 1839. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Old Government House

Lantern slide from the collection of James Backhouse Walker of old Government House, Hobart Town, Van Diemen's Land 1847. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were in Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle Arcade, Hobart, until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Large mouse or a young rat [pygmy possum]

Illustration from Henry Hellyers diary - " Wednesday July 4th - In splitting a log this morning there came out either a large mouse or a young rat it appeared in a dormant state or it was injured in some way as it remained very quietly in my hand while I sketched it off".
[pygmy possum]

Henry Hellyer Letter

Copy of a letter from Henry Hellyer to Edward Curr, dated 29 November 1828, describing a journey to Mt. Farrell, the Fury Gorge, Barn Bluff and Cradle Mountain, and the discovery of river Mackintosh and Eldon Range

Henry Hellyer

Harry O'May scrapbook

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC O3
  • Coleção
  • c1930

Scrap book of press cuttings relating to the O'May and other Derwent ferry services, Tasmanian shipping and history, also pay sheet of Rosny Estate & Ferry Co. Ltd (18-28 June 1925), stuck into an old ledger volume.

Harry O'May

Resultados 1 a 100 de 11071