Aperçu avant impression Fermer

Affichage de 173 résultats

Description archivistique
East Coast Tasmania
Aperçu avant impression Affichage :

76 résultats avec objets numériques Afficher les résultats avec des objets numériques

Stacks Bluff from Mangana

Colour photograph shows snow cover on Stacks Bluff, photographed from nearby forest Low contrast in image

On the steps of Buckland church

Colour photograph of two people standing on steps of St John the Baptist Church at Buckland, a sandstone church built in the 1840s; with headstones and flowering plants in foreground.

Hal Wyatt

Waterway at Mayfield farm on East Coast

Colour photograph of bank of Buxton River at Mayfield; substantial double-storey freestone building in background. Title of photograph erroneously refers to Buxton Creek.

Bridge on East Coast road

Colour photograph of road bridge with white painted rails, amid bushland on East Coast, 1971.

Hal Wyatt

East Coast : postcard

Twelve small captioned coloured fold out images in proprietary post-able envelope. From envelope - A Souvenir of Beautiful East Coast Tasmania, 12 Specially selected views in full color. Published by Nucolorvue Productions, Victoria. From inside "The East Coast, Tasmania. The tourist referes to the East Coast a the section from scottsdale in the north to Sorell in the south of the island. This route provides an immense array of natures most lavish scenery. The rich fertile valleys of Scottsdale and Derby, rugged alpine areas near Pyengana, beautiful george Bay at St. Helens are in themselves a sheer delight.
Lovely beaches, quiet lagoons, rugged granite peaks of Coles Bay and Bicheno, restful Swansea and Triabunna, vie with may other picturesque parts of this lovely coastline.
Excellent fishing, swimming, hiking and boating are easily available. Relics of the early pioneer days are readily found in many parts of the coast."

Nucolorvue Productions

St Helens : postcard

Eight small captioned black and white fold out images in proprietary post-able envelope. From envelope - Join us in a trip around St. Helens Tasmania. Southern series Registered. On reverse - Postage rates within the British Empire. Without correspondence, in an unsealed envelope, will be 3d. If correspondence is added, postage will be 3 1/2d whether envelope is sealed or unsealed. Foreign rate, 7 1/2 d

Amos Family Papers

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC A10
  • Collection
  • 1774-1845

Microfilm includes - Diary of Adam Amos (1774-1845), May 1822 - December 1825. A record of chief happenings in the district of Great Swan Port of which Adam Amos was Chief District Constable, including notes of musters and convict passes, with names. 1931.
"History of the Amos and Lyne families", by C(larendon) Amos, also duplicated notes for members of the family (later published privately as 'Family history of Adam Amos of 'Glen Gala' and William Lyne of Apsley'. manuscript list of memorials in the Amos burial ground, Cranbrook, Tasmania

Amos Family

Microfilm : Amos family papers

  1. Diary of Adam Amos (1774-1845), May 1822 - Dec 1825. A record of chief happenings in the district of Great Swan Port of which he was Chief District Constable, including notes of musters and convict passes, with names.
  2. Adam Amos (1774-1845), letters outward, 1807-1844, mostly to his sons.
  3. Adam Amos (1774-1845, letters inward, 1833-1841, including receipts. 4. James Amos (1804-1864), letters inward, 1837-1850.
  4. James Amos (1804-1864), will.
  5. Letters from George Meredith to his wife Mary, nee Evans, 2 Mar 1823 & 25 Apr 1825.
  6. Letter from George Meredith jun. to Mary Meredith (nee Evans), 6 Aug 1833.
  7. Letter from Maria, Mrs John Meredith (nee Hammond), to her daughter Jessie Meredith, 3 May 1885.
  8. Letter to Captain Thomas Watson sen. From niece EN Rayner (?), 13 Oct 1835.
  9. Letters to Capt. T Watson sen. From George Vaux, 18 Mar 1837 & 10 Nov 1838.
  10. Bill of lading for the shipment from Leith of 4 harrows and 2 ploughs, 23 Jul 1814.
  11. Copy of map in Survey Office signed by J H Wedge, 7 Oct 1826, of grant of George Meredith for 2,000acres at Great Swanport, and a description in handwriting of George Frankland, of additional grant of 1,000 acres.
  12. Letter to Mrs Mary Lyne from Jessie Amos (?), 10 May, 2 Oct.
  13. Letter from Elizabeth Lyne to Mary Amos, n.d.
  14. Letter to Mary Amos from?, 5 May 1839.
  15. Letters from Mrs Louisa Bell (nee Meredith) to Margaret Amos (1809-1896), 26 Aug 1885 & 2 Apr 1886.
    I 7. Letter from Adam Amos to ? , 19 Oct 1872.
  16. Adam Amos to ? Mrs Amos, 1873.
  17. Diary of John Amos, 1 Jan 1840-May1843.
  18. Manuscript copy in 1880-1900 style writing, of "Grandfather Amos' Diary", 1 Jan 1854-21 Jan 1858.

Amos Family

Microfilm : Amos family papers

  1. Receipt book of half and quarter yearly rent paid by James Amos (father of Adam and John (1776-1848), as tenant of Heriot Mill, Galawater, including later editions (1779), of cash expenses of mill, 1774-1845.
  2. Account book of Amos Mill, Cranbrook, VDL, 1824-1836.
    1. Diary of Adam Amos (1807-1874), June 1839
    2. Letterbook (or minute book) of Trustees of estate of John Lord, 1829-1833, including correspondence of Derwent Steam Navigation Company

Amos Family

History of the Amos and Lyne families

Manuscript notes "History of the Amos and Lyne families", by C(larendon) Amos, also duplicated notes for members of the family (later published privately as 'Family history of Adam Amos of 'Glen Gala' and William Lyne of Apsley'.

Amos Family

Dr George Fordyce Story Collection

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC C7
  • Collection
  • 1821-1878

Collection consists of personal papers, medical case notes and accounts, student notes and exercises, botanical papers which include some correspondence with Baron Sir Ferdinand von Mueller, copies of electoral returns etc.

George Fordyce Story

William Knibb Morris Collection

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC M13
  • Collection
  • 1855-1920

Collection consists of papers, personal correspondence and photographs relating to William Knibb Morris and his family.

William Knibb Morris

Glen Gala House: brick house, croquet lawn

Photograph of Glen Gala House at Cranbrook. Adam Amos arrived in March 1821 in the Emerald along with George Meredith, and was advised to look for land on the unsettled east coast. Adam's capital entitled him to a grant of 1000 acres (405 ha) which he located on the Swan River at Cranbrook, and called Gala. Glen Gala is a two storey brick Victorian Georgian house constructed in 1860 on the original grant to Adam Amos

George Musgrave Parker

Swansea: Resthaven House

2 storied brick building, no veranda - mounted photo
Now known as Oyster Bay Guest House and located at 10 Franklin Street, Resthaven was built in 1841 and operated initially as the Black Swan Inn. In 1870 it became a store and then became a private residence which was occupied by a number of different doctors.

George Musgrave Parker

Swansea: Resthaven House

Postcard of 2 storied brick house, veranda, car in front
Now known as Oyster Bay Guest House and located at 10 Franklin Street, Resthaven was built in 1841 and operated initially as the Black Swan Inn. In 1870 it became a store and then became a private residence which was occupied by a number of different doctors.

George Musgrave Parker

Swansea: Resthaven House

2 storied brick house
Now known as Oyster Bay Guest House and located at 10 Franklin Street, Resthaven was built in 1841 and operated initially as the Black Swan Inn. In 1870 it became a store and then became a private residence which was occupied by a number of different doctors.

George Musgrave Parker

Swansea: grave of Rev. Thomas Dove MA

Anglican Cemetery . Photograph taken by George Musgrave Parker
Front Inscription
In memoriam Rev Thomas Dove M.A. First Minister of this church born in Glasgow Scotland April 24th 1803
Arrived in Swanport in August 1844
And after labouring in this District as a Christian Minister for 38 years, he died at Swansea August 27th 1882 aged 79 years
Erected by his congregation. http://monumentaustralia.org.au/themes/people/religion/display/103957-reverend-thomas-dove

George Musgrave Parker

Harbottle's cottage at Swansea

Postcard produced by Swansea photographer, Miss F.M. Kennedy, (c1880-c1950s) of titled Harbottle's at Swansea, Tasmania.
This Cottage has also been know as Harbottle's Cottage and Caulfield Cottage. This single storey, sandstone rubble building with a corrugated iron hipped roof was listed by the National Trust in 1976 as it demonstrated the principal characteristics of a single storey, sandstone Victorian Georgian domestic building . Located at 45 Shaw Street, Swansea, Tasmania

George Musgrave Parker

Bluff Cottage, formerly known as Harbottle's Cottage and Caulfield Cottage

Photograph of Bluff Cottage, formerly known as Harbottle's Cottage and Caulfield Cottage. This single storey, sandstone rubble building with a corrugated iron hipped roof was listed by the National Trust in 1976 as it demonstrated the principal characteristics of a single storey, sandstone Victorian Georgian domestic building . Located at 45 Shaw Street, Swansea, Tasmania

George Musgrave Parker

Apslawn House

Photograph of side view of Apslawn House. A sandstone Georgian house built in the 1840's on 640 acres of land granted to John Lyne, MHA for Glamorgan ,1843-1865. Located on the Tasman Highway, Apslawn, 13km south-west of Bicheno.

George Musgrave Parker

Apslawn House

Photograph of front view of Apslawn House. A sandstone Georgian house built in the 1840's on 640 acres of land granted to John Lyne, MHA for Glamorgan ,1843-1865. Located on the Tasman Highway, Apslawn, 13km south-west of Bicheno.

George Musgrave Parker

Résultats 1 à 100 sur 173