Print preview Close

Showing 14 results

Archival description
John Lee Archer Text With digital objects
Print preview View:

St. Pauls Church, Stanley

Rendered view of St. Pauls Church, Stanley, Circular Head, V.D. Land. John Lee Archer Architect 1845. Ink and water colour drawing.

John Lee Archer

Photographic view of Circular Head

Photographic view of Circular Head dated 1868 and inscribed "with best love from Aunt Charlotte".
The photographer was J. Bishop-Osborne who had studios in Hobart from 1879-1895..

John Lee Archer

Photograph of woman seated

This photograph may possibly be of Charlotte Lee Archer, born 1834, eldest daughter of John Lee Archer and Sophia Mattinson.

John Lee Archer

Daguerreotype of woman seated

This daguerrotype may possibly be of Sophia Lee Archer nee Mattinson, who was born in 1809.
She married John Lee Archer, the Colonial Engineer and Architect, in 1833 aged 25. Pocket case constructed of wood frame, covered in embossed leather. When opened, it has one photograph in a frame made of brass and on the back side of the door a blue velvet embossed pad. Case is hinged with leather and closed with two small latches.

John Lee Archer

Proposed church at Killcooley

Proposed church at Killcooley. Section and ground plan by Architect J Lee Archer. Dated February 1823 (photographic copy)

John Lee Archer

Proposed chapel designed for the Orphan School Establishment

Proposed chapel designed for the Orphan School Establishment, Hobart Town, Van Diemens Land by architect J Lee Archer 1832, Section and elevation-circular building (photographic copy). Ground Plan - This level would contain seats for 366 children and 43 adults and the Gallery for 260 children and 168 adults - total 837. In 1830 Lieutenant-Governor Arthur commissioned John Lee Archer to design the Orphan School. Construction took place between 1831-1833.

John Lee Archer

Police magistrate's residence

Police magistrate's residence, Circular Head, Stanley, Tasmania dated June 1844. Floor plan, end and side elevation. Note on manuscript, destroyed by fire January 1848, original manuscript plan, mounted on paper with linen thread work back.

John Lee Archer