- AU TAS UTAS SPARC 2020/1-PC
Collection of black and white and coloured postcard sets of Tasmanian scenes. Collected in the 1930, 1940's & 1950s during holiday trips to the island.
41 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
Collection of black and white and coloured postcard sets of Tasmanian scenes. Collected in the 1930, 1940's & 1950s during holiday trips to the island.
Collection consists of Thylacine Expedition 8 mm films, and notes on site locations etc. collected on location at Mt Nelson, Granville Harbour and Cape Portland , in Tasmania between 1953 and 1978 by Eric Guiler.
Reel 104 is an example of the films. All films are available for viewing at https://eprints.utas.edu.au/36113/
Eric Rowland Guiler
Contains letterbooks, diaries and microfilm copies of the journals
Most of the papers consist of notes made about historical queries, a rough draft of his book, and correspondence with East Coast residents and others requesting information. There is also a collection of newspaper cuttings and pamphlets relating to the history of Tasmania, especially the East Coast and some photographs and snapshots. Dr Parker also collected some original historical documents~ chiefly from East Coast families (although those of Dr Storey and the Cotton families have now been returned to the Cotton archives (ref. C.7). Dr Parker's collection of Walch's Almanacs has been supplemented by others received from Walch's and is kept up to date and now forms a complete record set for Walch's records (kept for reference in the Archives Reading Room). Some early newspapers (including Colonial Times, Southern Cross, Launceston Courier) were transferred to the State Archives to fill gaps in their collection .
George Musgrave Parker
The Derwent Star and Van Diemen's Land Intelligence, Hobarts first and short lived newspaper was first issued on 8 January 1810. This issue No. 7, 3 April 1810 gives an account of the recent death and funeral of David Collins, Lieutenant Governor of Van Diemen's Land. Produced fortnightly by the government printer George Clark/Clarke, there were twelves issues published from 1810 to 1812.
Collection of framed caricatures drawn by Thomas Claude Wade Midwood depicting colleagues, members of Midwoods household and local Hobart characters. Most are identified.
Thomas Claude Wade Midwood
Papers relating to his historical research of Archibald Lawrence Meston (1890-1951), including notes, drafts and copies of articles for publication, transcripts or photocopies of documents, newspaper cuttings.
Archibald Lawrence Meston
Research notes, correspondence and drafts of historical studies of the Van Diemen's Land Company, Jorgen Jorgensen, etc. by Archibald Lawrence Meston (1890-1951).
Archibald Lawrence Meston
Collection consists of some of the papers of John Leake (1780-1865) of Rosedale, near Campbell Town, pastoralist, justice of the peace, member of the Legislative Council and a former merchant of Hull and Hamburg, who settled with his family near Campbell Town, Tasmania, in 1823, and of his family, including his youngest son Charles Henry Leake (1819-1889) whose heirs inherited Rosedale.
Combined index to The Royal Society manuscript deposit Collection.
Collection consist of copies of historical manuscripts and some original manuscripts, press cuttings and notes.
John Watt Beattie
Collection consists of a series of digital photographs taken for an exhibition of Marjorie Bligh's work held at the University of Tasmania, Morris Miller Library in 2011. They include photographs of Marjorie's personal photograph collection and photographs of her handcrafts.
The collection features photographs taken by Hobart photographic studio Beattie’s Studio, also known as J.W. Beattie, for the Electrolytic Zinc Co. at the company’s Risdon smelter between 1920 and 1940. The collection depicts construction of new facilities at the factory complex. The first sod was turned on the zinc smeltering plant at Risdon on the western shore of the Derwent River on 16 November 1916, and a test smelter called the 250 lb plant was opened in 1917 to produce 250 lb of zinc a day using the recently developed Roast-Leach-Electrowin (RLE) process of extracting zinc through electrolysis. Electrolytic Zinc’s office occupied the former Derwent Inn. The larger 10-ton plant opened in January 1918 and the 100-ton plant opened in November, 1921. This collection of photographs depicts the phases of construction of the 100-Ton Plant, further expansion of the smelter and decomissioning of some of the older equipment at the zinc works. Beattie’s Studio was a photographic studio founded by Scotsman John Watt Beattie (1859-1930), who began exhibiting photographs soon after his arrival in Tasmania in 1878.
Electrolytic Zinc Company of Australasia Limited
Miscellaneous material relating to Franklin and his appointment, the dismissal of Capt. Maconochie. Lady Franklin's dinner engagement book, stereoscopic photograph of Lady Franklin Museum and assorted correspondence
Letters and addresses of Sir John & Lady Jane Franklin
Sketches, mainly in pencil and crayon, made by Olive Muriel Pink of flowers found in the north of South Australia, Central and North Australia. The majority were made between June and December 1930, at various places along the railway between Port Augusta and Alice Springs. Later sketches were made in various parts of Australia between 1931 and 1960, but often without a note of the place and date. The sketches were often hurriedly made on pieces of thin, cheap paper, or even pieces of cardboard or brown paper. Some were coloured with crayon and a few, more finished drawings were coloured with watercolours. A later donation was made of books, personal belongings and sketches. A second series was received from the family of Olive Pink in 2016, this series includes Olive Pink's book collection, photographs, paintings, letters, items of clothing and other ephemera and memorabilia, some of which are nationally significant in their own right - such as the book plate made by Adrian Feint, notes and sketches done whilst camping with Daisy Bates, and photographs documenting life in Central Australia.
The unpublished memoirs of Sir Leslie Patrick Abercrombie, an English town planner, best known for the post-Second World War re-planning of London
Grant of land at 31 Campbell Street, Hobart to Joshua Fergusson made by his Excellency Colonel George Arthur Lieutenant Governor of Van Diemen's Land on the 26th day of March 1827. Subject to the payment of a yearly quit-rent of two pounds payable on the 31st day of January each year.
31 Campbell Street is the site of the University of Tasmania's major creative industries and performing arts development, 'The Hedberg', adjoining Hobart's historic Theatre Royal on the 'Wapping 4' site. The University of Tasmania opened at the Hedberg in Semester 1, 2020 after almost 10 years in conception, consultation, planning and construction stages. The project was led by Tasmanian firm Liminal Architecture and designed in collaboration with WOHA and Arup.
The significance of the Hedberg site in the heart of Wapping dates to the 1830s, when it was a lively convergence of working-class homes, industry and entertainment. Archaeological work was undertaken in consultation with the Tasmanian Heritage Council, and results from the archaeological investigation informed aspects of the design.
The heritage-listed facade of the Hedberg Brothers Garage on Collins Street is the University of Tasmania entrance at the Hedberg. Built in 1925, it has intrinsic heritage value as an early, unusual and important example of its type.
Colonial Secretary, Van Diemen's Land
Collection consists of rugby memorabilia and other material relating to the life and work of George Wilson, master of Hytten Hall, the University of Tasmania's first residential college
George Thomas Jamieson Wilson
Letters, diaries and miscellaneous documents relating to both Sir John and Lady Jane Franklin. Many of the papers are only copies (some with omissions). not original, as, according to Rawnsley, after Lady Franklin's death her niece and companion, Sophia Cracroft, selected some papers for publication and had illegible ones copied or extracted and the originals were destroyed. The copies or extracts have been corrected and edited.
Collection of papers regarding Aboriginal settlement, genealogical tables and mutton bird industry on Cape Barren Island and Furneaux Islands. Includes a handwritten article entitled "The Furneaux Islands, their early settlement and some characteristics of their inhabitants"· by Edward William Stephens, State School teacher.
Edward William Stephens
Collection consists of management committee records, admissions register and accounts of the Girls Industrial School Hobart, also 2 photographs.
Girls Industrial School Hobart
Collection consists of administrative correspondence, annual reports, minutes and financial statements regarding the schools board, and schools administration. Material relating to staff and students including the school magazine, class lists and student activities. Also included are the papers relating to the Hobartville Association from 1888 to 1910 . Also a large collection of early photographs.
Collection consists of personal papers, medical case notes and accounts, student notes and exercises, botanical papers which include some correspondence with Baron Sir Ferdinand von Mueller, copies of electoral returns etc.
George Fordyce Story
Written narrative of the discovery of Port Davey and Macquarie Harbour" and voyage round Tasmania by James Kelly in 1815-1816 (undated) also a collection of miscellaneous papers.
Miscellaneous documents, visitor book and list of paintings
Collection consists of accounts for the sale of plants, receipted bills and detailed expenses, visitors books, work books, notebooks and administrative papers. See also entries in Council meeting minutes.
The Royal Society of Tasmania
Collection consists of 3 audio cassettes of the 1980 Boyer Lectures given by Bernard Smith, entitled 'The Spectre of Truganini'
Collection of meeting minutes, directors meetings and share register for the Hobart Town Turkish Bath Company
Hobart Town Turkish Bath Company
Collection consists of miscellaneous letters and documents, including the Will of Ronald C Gunn (1879); copy of a letter from Henry Hellyer to Edward Curr describing a journey and the discovery of River Mackintosh and Eldon Range(1828); genealogy of John Lyne made by WL May (1919); copies of letters of depositions relating to theft from estate of William Mawle; copies of letters from letter book of Philip Oakden, founder of the Union Bank, Launceston and extracts from letters of William Parramore who settled in VDL in 1823.
File of first newspaper published at the town of Waratah, Mt. Bischoff. Waratah Weekly News, 19 March 1881 to 21 May 1881. Manuscript, duplicated by 'centigraph'
Twenty xerox copies of letters received by Alfred Archer. Also manuscript poem 'put me in my little bed'.
Letters received from Alfred Archer’s mother while he was at school with Mr Hawkes, dated December 1854, August & September 1856, February - July 1857 (9 letters):also from his father 16 July 1862, 16 July 1863 (2 letters); sister Ellen, 8 February 1869 & 13 March 1879 (2 letters); brother Harold written during visit of both brothers to U.K., 7 May & 19 September 1878 (2 letters); cousin Alice Archer, August 1877 & January 1880 (2 letters); Joseph Mosman about the cricket club 8 March 1875; Henry H. Tippler, Wellington New Zealand, 23 September 1878.
Newspaper article on Robert Mather, 1922, 1923 and undated notes by Charles Meredith copied by Mr. Walker, on biography of Francis Cotton, Gilbert Robertson, William Kermode, Thomas Mason, Dunn family, John Swann, Charles Meredith himself, etc.
Gold digging license and notes on gold digging for the colony of Victoria
Collection of miscellaneous Australian newspapers: The Record (King Island), Melbourne Advertiser, Commonwealth Gazette, The Colonist, N.S.W.
Publication entitled 'Salmoniana,' by Barri Couta(pseud.)m June 1866. Humorous verse and sketches concerning the arrival of salmon ova in Tasmania. The names of the commissioners and others have been noted on the sketches in this pamphlet which includes advertisements printed by J. Walch & Son.
Salmon Commissioners Tasmania
Examples of historic British journals, pamphlets, speeches etc. The collection consists of miscellaneous examples and loose sheets, most in poor condition, torn and fragile. Includes, British Mercury, British Journal, London Journal, Flying Post, The Medley, Intelligencer, The Observator, Mercurius Caledonius, Mercator or Commerce Retrieved, The Weekly Journal of British Gazeteer, etc
Certificate of award of 2nd class medal to Tasmanian Executive from the Paris exhibition of 1855 signed by Napoleon Bonapart. Photographic copies of Certificates of award from Sydney and Melbourne Exhibitions to James G. Moir of Hobart for lead shot, 1879 & 1880-1881 & plan of Melbourne Centennial Exhibition 1888
Miscellaneous items collected by the Society on various subjects including Egyptian wheat, fungus grub, Hobart floating bridge, Bruny Island, Dunrobin Bridge, Army & Barracks, excursion notes etc.
Miscellaneous newspaper cuttings c. 1930 to 1950. Cuttings, formerly in 'information' file, arranged
in alphabetical order of subject. mainly from the 1950s, but also some earlier cuttings.
Microfilm copy of 'Narrative of the overland journey of Sir John and Lady Franklin and party from Hobart Town to Macquarie Harbour, 1842' by David Burn - extracted from Colburn's United Services Magazine, Vol.2-3, June-November, 1843
Catalogue of Tasmanian insects, Tasmanian Museum, Hobart Town, 1875. Manuscript catalogue: number, name and place (all Brighton) in notebook (octavo) Name E. D. Swan?' written in pencil inside cover.
List of Tasmanian Ferns - Manuscript list, bound into quarto volume. Date and author unknown.
An incomplete descriptive list by an unidentified author and 42 ink drawings or diagrams of fish,
Miscellaneous returns, photocopies of plans, and letter etc. relating to Norfolk Island
Illustrated London News
The correspondence consists of letters addressed to James Backhouse and his companion relating to their missionary journey. Most are from people in official positions thanking the missionaries for their work, acknowledging books and reports, replying to requests for information or offering introductions, help and hospitality and also some discussion of religious matters and references to botany in which James Backhouse was interested.
Estate accounts dated June 1822 to 31 December 1831. Day book recording daily notes of work and expenditure relating to the Largebaan (Largiebann) estate, which merged on 26 May 1827 with the Kenmore property (Macquarie Plains, Upper Derwent).
It includes such notes as: 'brought in yesterday from Mr. Parkers, 4 MB wethers, of which killed and sent to Mr Spodes one W. 40t lb (Nov. 1825); 'R. Mather dr. to Lar~ebaan £12 • 12 ' (Feb. 1825); 'Commenced ploughing' (21 Feb. 1825); sent Mr Knopwood a sucking pig on 18th' (21 Feb. 1325); Also sundries, such as boots, 2 doz cups & saucers, 1 sheep shears at 6/-, 2 pairs shoes for Mrs Ballantine, Charles Burns a pocket knife' (sums of money were not always entered).
Also references to 'constableship'.
At the back of the volume were entered journals of sheep owned by various people, including: James Robertson, Miss H. Ballentine, Miss H. P. Ballentine, Joseph Ballentine, Nelly Miller; noting marks, numbers of lambs, ewes, (gifts from D.B., Mr Downie & others).
This volume was probably kept by Duncan Ballantine, chief district
constable and pound keeper at New Norfolk, who received a grant of land in the Derwent Valley above New Norfolk.
Two letters dated 1873 relating to a testimonial for Dean Cox - one from Charles Du Cann from Government House
Frederick Holdship Cox
Correspondence and letterbooks of The Royal Society of Tasmania. Includes abstracts of letters sent by secretary and correspondence files by subject.
The Royal Society of Tasmania
Material relating to Mrs. Mary Ann Cox who ran a coach service between Hobart and Launceston
Mary Ann Cox
Copies of Governor Davey's pictorial proclamation to the aborigines, promising equal justice for whites and natives, with modern tracing (Davey altered to Arthur in a modern hand) and another copy with a different heading.
'Mount Bischoff (abstract) - brief history, undated, plus 'Sketch of the proposed trophy for Mount Bischoff
Tin Mining Co'. n.d. pen & wash drawing, stamped: 'R. Flack Ricards, Architect, 14 Elizabeth Street, Hobart.
Mount Bischoff Tin Mine
Financial records of The Royal Society of Tasmania. Includes ledger accounts, receipts and expenditure, audited balance statements etc.
The Royal Society of Tasmania
Draft of letter or part of article on Tasmanian plants and the effect of the severe frost in England, 1837-8, as mentioned in a paper by Dr. Lindley; writer unknown.
Minutes of The Tasmanian Society dated March 1841 to March 1842. Titled 'Minutes of "The Society" V. D. Land 1841'
Two prints :
(1) View of the country round Hobart Town In Van Dleman's Land. Reduced on zinc from a drawing by Joseph Lycet, in the collection of Professor Buckland at Oxford. Printed by C. Hullmandel, London. N.D.
(2) Architect's drawing of proposed High School, by A. Dawson, printed by T. Browne.
Letter from R. D. Blackmore [Richard Doddridge Blackmore (1825-1900) English novelist, author of Lorna Doone] to Mannington Caffyn, on the origin of the title 'Cradock Nowell'. 18 February 1890.
Also letter from E. A. Nowell to Mr Morton [secretary of Royal Society of Tasmania] enclosing Blackmore's letter.
Richard Doddridge Blackmore
Copy of Frankland's narrative of the expedition to the source of the Derwent River, 26 October 1835
Botanical notes and list of 'plants from Mr Fischer 1815' in small volume, entitled, ms. Kew 1808'
Friedrich Ernst Ludwig Fischer
Notes in aid of a history of the early days of Tasmania by R. W. Giblin, made c.1923
Including copies of records of Van Diemen' s Land 1803 - 1818
Ronald Worthy Giblin
Typed list of tombstones in St. David's cemetery, Hobart (St. David's Park) dated 1922
St. David's Cemetery
Copies of letters written by John Martin, June to November 1849 to his brother David, from Dublin, the ship 'Elphinstone' and from Bothwell, Tasmania. Martin was an Irish political prisoner transported to Van Diemen's Land.
Grant dated 18 December 1805 to Henry Hayes of 100 acres on the Derwent to be known as Henrietta Farm, to be held for five years free of taxes, rents etc. but timber suitable for naval purposes was to be reserved for the use of the Crown.
Endorsed with transfers: Henry Hayes to Charles William Murray 1811,Charles W. Murray to William Collins 1814, illegible to Joshua Ferguson 1821 and J. Ferguson to Edward Foord Bromley 1825
Photostat and typed transcript of letters patent establishing the Bishopric of Calcutta in the Church of England 1814
Bishopric of Calcutta
Letter written by George Martin to 'My dearest Mary' (his wife) and a copy of a 'location' extract of a grant of 800 acres.
Microfilm copy of the account book of James Backhouse and George Washington Walker for the years 1832 to 1838
Photocopies of National Trust Acts (U.K.), dated 1907 & 1937
Collection of letters and documents presented to the Tasmanian Museum
Miscellaneous single items received from various donors.
List of Tasmanian fish by M. Allport (n.d. c1870-1876)
Includes also "List of Tasmanian fish sent to Dr. Gunther, British Museum, per ship "Windward", March, 1874" ; List of Tasmanian
saltwater fish sent to the Royal Museum of National History, Brussels by Mr. Morton Allport, March, 1874" ;"Dr. Gunther's list 2nd
collection", and letters :-British Museum 12 Oct., 1872 ("thank you and Mrs. Meredith for ... 6 plates of Tasmanian fishes. I return them as requested ..." ; 2 May, 1875, report on fish received - a salmo trutta taken in Derwent estuary, having "in its stomach eight anchovies, a diet which will account for the rapid growth of salmonoids in your waters but which will not improve the flavour of their flesh", surprised that Tasmanian anchovies not yet turned to same use as in Europe; whip-tails - macronurus Novae Zelandiae : 8 Apr., 1876 : further report on collection sent - included new genus (No. 18 in list: "No local name. See 40 in book and drawing by Mrs. Allport.
Typescript of 'Reminiscences of early Tasmanian life by Miss Amelia Hayes, dictated by her father' ? John Hayes. nd.. Also notes and correspondence of the Hayes family by Clive Lord, W.A.T. Hayes, Winifred Terry and others.
Letters received by the Stokell family 1844-1910. Letters and copies of letters to the Stokell family, including a copy of a letter from bushrangers Martin Cope, Alexander Reid, John Reubens & James Prendergrass to George and Miss Stokell 1844 and 2 letters from E. H. Scott (1909, 1910). Also printed Poems and hymns by E. H. Scott undated.
Correspondence with Archdeacon Whittington concerning the formation of a branch of St. George's Society,1900.
Royal Society of St George
Miscellaneous papers and photographs of the Murray and Archer families. Includes some Archer architectural plans, photographs of Circular Head, Tasmania area and collection of carte de visite of unknown subjects by various Tasmanian and Australian photographers.
Robert Lathrop Murray
Papers regarding the 1889 sale of Crown lands at Carnavon. Notice, particulars and small plan of land for sale at Carnavon [Port Arthur]
'The camouflage of aerodromes with notes on some technical methods'. From the office of the Technical Director of Camouflage, Camouflage Section, Canberra, A.C.T.
Marked: 'Secret, copy No. 51'
Technical Director of Camouflage
Paper by William Colenso for the Tasmanian Society , dated 1843. 'Filices Nova, Novae Zelandiae, Auct. Guil. Colenso, 1843' A classification and description of some newly discovered ferns collected in the Northern Island of New Zealand, in the summer of 1841 -1842 by William Colenso, Paihia, January 3rd. 1843
Manuscript of article published in the Tasmanian Journal, vol. 2 (1846) pp 161-189, with note by editor (R.C. Gunn)
Land grant, dated 1805 and signed by Philip Gidley King, of 100 acres on the river Derwent, V.D.L. to Henry Hayes, reserving a road one chain broad communicating with Mill Farm. Endorsed with record of transfers of the property, 1811 - 1825. Final transfer: Joshua Ferguson to Edward Foord Bromley.
Photocopies of documents relating to the Irish political prisoners, 1851 - 1859
Particulars of property, mainly in Battery Point Hobart to be sold by auction by Thomas Yardley Lowes (no plans or detailed descriptions). Properties of Robert Quayle Kermode & Sir George Arthur
Thomas Yardley Lowes
Ship's accounts dated 1812. Addressed Jacob Mountgarrett for supplies for a boat's crew, including potatoes, rice, pork, sugar, wheat, 2 oars, seal hooks, whaler's lance, skins, etc. and for each man (names listed) rum, tobacco, shirts, trousers etc.
Copy (manuscript) of official correspondence between John Montagu and the Secretary of State for the Colonies concerning Montagu's disagreement with Sir John Franklin.
Collection consists of correspondence, accounts and miscellaneous items relating to the company also material relating to the Eastern Coast Steam Ship Company.
Alexander George Webster
Minutes of a musical society known as the Orchestral Union (originally proposed as the Symphony Society) including musicians' and singers dated 1866 to 1872
Collection of miscellaneous papers including lease, bank book, letter from G. W. Walker, gold digging license, correspondence of William Woollett about survey of allotment at Great Swanport, birth certificate of James Rothwell Crouch 22 January 1843 (Quaker certificate of witness of birth), bank book of Ann Crouch, small ms. music book inscribed "CC to KL".
Thomas James Crouch
Collection consists of shipping papers and bills dated 1848 - 1877
Captain William Walker
Letters written to Francis Hartwell Henslowe while he was Police Magistrate at Campbell Town.
Francis Hartwell Henslowe
Grant of 80 acres of land at Glenorchy to Edward Barnes, dated 1 January 1817. Signed and sealed (wafer) by Lachlan Macquarie, Governor of New South Wales
Engraved mounted print carried as a despatch in 1970 on the Barquentine "Regina Maris" to commemorate the 200th Anniversary of the voyage made by Captain Cook and newspaper cutting on the sale of Cook's log book and journal.
Engraving by W. Hall, from the painting by Nathaniel Dance (1776), printed by Fisher, Son &Co., with facsimile of Cook's signature. Printed about 1820.
Documents relating to William Harris or Harrison including army pay book and personal certificates
Collection of photographs and transparencies of the erection and unveiling of the Tasman Memorial, Prince of Wales Bay, 1923. The expedition to erect a memorial was led by J. Moore Robinson and included
John Reynolds who took the photographs.
Letter and draft of 'A Manual of Fossil Mammals, being the substance of a course of lectures on the osteology and paleontology...'
Letter book and insurance policy belonging to Henry Jacob Hookey of Longford, solicitor, admitted in 1839, and practiced In Launceston, Tasmania.
Henry Jacob Hookey
Draft assessment roll for municipality of Glenorchy and reminiscences of T.J.M. Hull, 1940, about the 'Great Flood' of Glenorchy in 1872
Letters from Molesworth Jeffery to his sisters Susanna and Catherine (Kate) in U.K. , small water colour of Burnbank Homestead and photographs of St. George's Chapel, Lachlan, and Richard Piggott, Lord Viscount Molesworth.
Presentation of colours to the Buckingham rifles dated May - October 1861.
File of papers concerning the presentation of colours and a bugle to the Buckingham Volunteer Rifle Corps, by the ladies of the county; including subscription lists, receipts for payments to the designer of the flag, to the carpenter for erecting a platform, etc., invitation, letter from Lady Young, from Entally, agreeing to make the presentation addressed to the secretary of the (Ladies) Committee Arthur Kennard Chapman
Buckingham Volunteer Rifle Corps
Extracts of the officers' logs of the French naval vessel Mascarin's voyage of exploration led by Captain Nicholas Marion Du Fresne -Tasmanian part of voyage to Australia and New Zealand under Marion-Dufresne, March 1772.
'Journal du voyage fait sur le vaisseau du Roy Le Mascarin, commande par Mr. Marion, Chevalier de l'Ordre Royal et Militaire de st.
Louis, Capitaine de Brulot, accompagne de la Flutte Le Margqis de Castries, pour faire le voyage de l'Isle Taity ou de Cythere, en faissant la decouverte des terrae Australae passant a la Nouvelle Hollande, a la Nouvelle Zelande etc.
Photographs of Archives Nationales, C 7 197, pp. 1, 7-14; Marine 4 JJ, 192, no. 19, pp. 1, 12-18
Extra copies of C 7 197, pp. 1,7-14 (3 sets); p. 1 (4 copies); p. 10 (4 copies)
Marc-Joseph Marion Dufresne
Collection consists of material relating to various members of the Mather family, the Society of Friends , miscellaneous correspondence from Quakers and the Friends School
Collection consists of minutes, correspondence and records and reports of the Tasmanian finding of an Australia wide biological survey conducted by Biological Club. A committee was established consisting of Pearson (chair); Prof. V V Hickman (University - Spiders); Dr 0 Martin (CSIRO- Botany); J W Evans (Dept. of Agriculture - Entomology); 0 Colbrum Pearson (Museum - as secretary).
Later others joined: Dr H Gordon (University - Botany); Prof. H N Barber (University - Botany); Mr L Miller (Dept. of Agriculture - Entomology) & Dr E Guiler (University - Mammals).
Tasmanian Biological Club
Publications issued by the Society
The Royal Society of Tasmania