Mostrar 280 resultados

Descrição arquivística
Sub-item Com objeto digital
Previsualizar a impressão Ver:

Extract : June 1862 - March 1869

Extract from G3/1(1) for the period June 1862 to December 1869 : Minutes of monthly meetings of the Ladies' Committee of Management dealing with maintenance, welfare, accounts, etc. These records are the committee records only. There are no personal records of the girls or their background or committal orders. The minutes of the monthly committee meetings dealt with bills, expenses, staff matters and the welfare of the children, and note briefly admissions and decisions on discharge of girls to service or to relatives, if any

Postcards

Three black and white postcards of Askrigg, Yorkshire, England (probably c1910-1920)

Pin holder

Cloth and cardboard pin holder in envelope with note "Made by Sarah Benson Walker"

View of Hobart from West Hobart

Photograph from the collection of James Backhouse Walker of a view of Hobart from West Hobart. Looking down Murray & Harrington Streets. The photographer is Henry Hall Baily who had studios in Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets Hobart from 1865 until 1918.

James Backhouse Walker

All Saints Church Macquarie Street

Photograph of All Saints Church, Macquarie Street, Hobart c. 1880 by Anson Brothers, Portrait and Landscape Photographers, Hobart Town, whose firm was located in Liverpool, Collins and Elizabeth Streets between 1878 and 1891.

Anson Brothers

Wood's huts

Photograph of Wood's huts at the Springs, Mount Wellington, in 1870 with old couple and younger gentleman and boy sitting outside. On the reverse of the photo post card 'Do you remember them. Huts and old Mr. and Mrs. Wood'.

Mt. Gould & Du Cane Range

Photograph of Mt. Gould and the DuCane Range from Narcissus Valley, Lake St. Clair taken from camp on the left hand side of Narcissus Valley going up (according to notes on the reverse of the photograph).

St. John's Church Goulburn Street

Photograph of St. John's Church Goulburn Street, Hobart taken c1880 the photographers were Anson brothers whose firm was located in Liverpool, Collins and Elizabeth Streets between 1878 and 1891

Anson Brothers

Murray Street with horse drawn carriages

Photograph of Murray Street, Hobart in 1881 with a row of horse drawn carriages outside the Hobart Savings Bank, Masonic Temple and the Derwent and Tamar Buildings with Webb's hotel (later Hadley's Orient Hotel) in the distance.

Cataract Bridge and Launceston

Photograph of Launceston, Tasmania from beyond the Cataract Bridge. The photographers were Anson Brothers who had studios in Liverpool, Collins and Elizabeth Streets, Hobart, between 1878 and 1891.

Anson Brothers

Maatsuyker Lighthouse

Photograph of the lighthouse on Maatsuyker Island, Tasmania, taken on the day of the opening of the lighthouse in 1891

Government House from the shipyards

Photograph of Government House, Hobart, Tasmania in about 1870. Showing the shipyard in the foreground and Mount Direction behind.. The photographer was Henry Hall Baily who had studios in Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets, Hobart from 1865 until 1918.

Henry Hall Baily

Port Arthur church and Penitentiary

Photograph of Port Arthur church and Penitentiary with view of Mt. Arthur in the distance. The photographers were Anson Brothers., Portrait and Landscape Photographers, Hobart Town whose firm was located in Liverpool, Collins and Elizabeth Streets between 1878 and 1891.

Anson Brothers

Old Mill at New Town Creek

Photograph of Old Mill at New Town Creek showing creek, buildings and mill wheel. Mt Wellington in distance

James Backhouse Walker

Photograph of the Oddfellows Hall

Photograph of Davey Street, Hobart, looking east, in about 1876. The photograph is taken from the intersection with Harrington Street and Oddfellows Hall is in the foreground. The photographer was Henry Hall Baily who had studios in Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets, Hobart from 1865 until 1918

Liverpool Street Hobart with horse drawn carriages

Photograph of Liverpool Street Hobart taken around the turn of the century showing horse drawn carriages in the foreground. The date is assumed from the presence of electric power poles which were introduced in 1898.

Elizabeth Street looking toward Memorial Congregational Church

Photograph of Elizabeth Street Hobart looking north in about 1879. Legrands old shop is on the right and the old post offfice and Ship hotel are also visible according to notes on the reverse of the photo. Also shown is the Tasmanian pale ales store and the All Nations hotelThe photographer is Alfred Winter who had studios in Bathurst, Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets from 1869 until 1891.

Alfred Winter

Sullivans Cove

Photograph from the collection of James Backhouse Walker of Sullivan's Cove in about 1870 according to a note on the reverse. Taken from around Victoria Dock, Old St David's cathedral in background. The photographer is Henry Hall Baily who had studios in Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets Hobart from 1865 until 1918.

Henry Hall Baily

Hobart Regatta

Photograph of the Hobart Regatta taken in 1886. The photographer was Albert Sargeant who had studios in Macquarie Street, Hobart from 1886-1890 and George Street, Launceston from 1900-1913

Albert Sargeant

Derwentwater, Sandy Bay

Photograph of Derwentwater, Sandy Bay, Tasmania, home of Captain Langdon Swan, c.1881. The photographer was Alfred Winter who had studios in Bathurst, Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets from 1869 until 1891.

James Backhouse Walker

Mount Wellington

Photograph of Mount Wellington with farm buildings in the foreground in the vicinity of the Cascades Brewery, Hobart, Tasmania.

Anson Brothers

Kangaroo Bay

Photograph of Kangaroo Bay (Bellerive) on Hobart's Eastern Shore from hill showing wharf and houses c. 1882. The photographer was Henry Hall Baily who had studios in Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets, Hobart from 1865 until 1918.

Old Government House

Lantern slide from the collection of James Backhouse Walker of old Government House, Hobart Town, Van Diemen's Land 1847. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were in Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle Arcade, Hobart, until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Letters to James Backhouse Walker from his mother Sarah Benson Walker and grandmother Esther Mathers

Letters to James Backhouse Walker from his mother Sarah Benson Walker and grandmother Esther Mather congratulating him on attaining his majority on his twenty first birthday in 1862. From Walker Family Scrapbook compiled by Peter Benson Walker. Private collection. Page 36 b&c

James Backhouse Walker

Eaglehawk Neck

Photograph of Eaglehawk Neck. The photographers are Anson Brothers., Portrait and Landscape Photographers, Hobart Town whose firm was located in Liverpool, Collins and Elizabeth Streets between 1878 and 1891.

Anson Brothers

Hobart view

Photograph from the collection of James Backhouse Walker of Hobart viewing over St. Davids Park, probably from Hampden Road, (in about 1878 according to a note on the reverse). The photographer is Henry Hall Baily who had studios in Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets Hobart from 1865 until 1918.

.

James Backhouse Walker

New Town Creek, old mill

Photograph of Old Mill at New Town Creek showing creek, buildings and mill wheel in disrepair. Mt Wellington in distance

James Backhouse Walker

Runnymede, Hobart Town, Van Diemen's Land

Lantern slide from the collection of James Backhouse Walker of Runnymede, Hobart Town, Van Diemen's Land. Thought to have been prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were in Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle Arcade, Hobart, until 1994

John Watt Beattie

Elizabeth Street Hobart

Lantern slide of Elizabeth Street, Hobart looking north. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Hobart from Huon Road looking east

Photograph from the collection of James Backhouse Walker of a view of Hobart from Huon Road looking east in about 1879, according to notes on the reverse.

James Backhouse Walker

Public buildings in Macquarie Street

Photograph of public buildings in Macquarie Street, Hobart opposite St. Davids Cathedral site, corner Collins Street c. 1876. Mail coach is in front of the Post Office.

Fluted Cape, Adventure Bay

Photograph of Fluted Cape, Adventure Bay, Bruny Island, Tasmania. The photographer was Henry Hall Baily who had studios in Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets, Hobart from 1865 until 1918

Henry Hall Baily

Obituaries of George Washington Walker, Tasmania

Newspaper obituaries of George Washington Walker including a letter to the editor of 'The Christian Times' by James Bonwick. From Walker Family Scrapbook compiled by Peter Benson Walker. Private collection.

George Washington Walker

Hobart looking south east

Photograph from the collection of James Backhouse Walker of a view of Hobart looking South East with a garden in the foreground and Elizabeth Street in the middle distance. The photographer is Alfred Winter who had studios in Bathurst, Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets from 1874-1880.

James Backhouse Walker

Sullivans Cove, taken from HMS Nelson

Photograph of a ship with Sullivans Cove and Mount Wellington in the background taken from HMS Nelson in 1882. The photographer is Henry Hall Baily who had studios in Elizabeth and Liverpool streets Hobart from 1865 until 1918.

Henry Hall Baily

George Washington Walker

Lantern slide of George Washington Walker (1800-1859). Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Government House and St David's Cathedral, Van Diemen's Land

Lantern slide of Government House and St David's Cathedral, Van Diemen's Land. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994. Lantern slide of detail from 'The Seat of His Excellency Lieut. Govr. Arthur / drawn from Nature and on Stone' by Charles Atkinson d.1837

John Watt Beattie

Buildings on the corner of Macquarie and Murray Streets

Photograph of buildings on corner of Macquarie and Murray Streets, Hobart c. 1877. Photographed by Henry Hall Baily who had studios in Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets, Hobart from 1865 until 1918.

Henry Hall Baily

Franklin Square

Photograph of Franklin Square Hobart was taken by the Anson Brothers photographers, whose firm was located in Liverpool, Collins and Elizabeth Streets between 1878 and 1891.

Anson Brothers

Hobart looking east

Photograph from the collection of James Backhouse Walker of a view of Hobart from West Hobart looking east toward the river, showing Holy Trinity Church. The photographer is Henry Hall Baily who had studios in Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets Hobart from 1865 until 1918..

James Backhouse Walker

Man with a gun on the road to Mt Wellington

Photograph of road to Mt Wellington showing man with a gun hunting. Taken in about 1870 by Alfred Winter, who had studios in Bathurst, Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets from 1869 until 1891.

James Backhouse Walker

Photograph of Mrs. Sarah Hammond

Photograph of Mrs. Sarah Hammond, youngest daughter of the Reverend Joseph Benson and sister of Ann Benson, aged 62.
From Walker Family Scrapbook compiled by Peter Benson Walker. Private collection. Page 10

Sarah Hammond

Governor Sir Thomas Gore Browne

Lantern slide of Governor Sir Thomas Gore Browne. Governor of Tasmania from 1861-1868. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Hobart Savings Bank

Lantern slide of Hobart Savings Bank, Murray Street Hobart c1860. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Letter from George Washington Walker to James Backhouse Walker

Letter from George Washington Walker in Hobart to his son James Backhouse Walker, expressing his desire to meet him in Melbourne on his return from England after attending school there. From Walker Family Scrapbook compiled by Peter Benson Walker. Private collection. Page 36a

George Washington Walker

Hobart Town Harbour, Van Diemen's Land

Lantern slide of Hobart Town Harbour, Van Diemen's Land, in 1830. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were in Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle Arcade, Hobart, until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Establishment of the Hobart Town Savings Bank

Meeting held on 15th January 1845 to establish a savings bank in Hobart Town, Van Diemen's Land. It was unanimously resolved that it be called " The Hobart Town Savings Bank" Includes a list of trustees. From Walker Family Scrapbook compiled by Peter Benson Walker. Private collection. Page 26a

George Washington Walker

Hobart Town from Mulgrave Battery, Van Diemen's Land

Lantern slide of Hobart Town from Mulgrave Battery, Van Diemen's Land, in 1830. From the collection of James Backhouse Walker. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were in Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle Arcade, Hobart, until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Hobart Town, Van Diemen's Land from the Harbour

Lantern slide of an early print of Hobart Town, Van Diemen's Land from the harbour. From the collection of James Backhouse Walker. Thought to have been prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were in Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle Arcade, Hobart, until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Letter and memorial on the death of Ann Mather

Letter and memorial on the death of Ann Mather by her daughter Sarah Benson Mather, Van Diemen's Land, 1831. From Walker Family Scrapbook compiled by Peter Benson Walker. Private collection. Page 21

Ann Mather

Rocks on Mount Wellington

Photograph rocks on Mount Wellington. The photographer was Albert Sargeant who had studios in Macquarie Street, Hobart and George Street, Launceston between 1886 and 1913.

Albert Sargeant

Launceston from beyond Cataract Bridge

Photograph of Launceston, Tasmania, from beyond the Cataract Bridge in about 1881. The photographer was Alfred Winter who had studios in Bathurst, Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets, Hobart, from 1869 until 1891.

Alfred Winter

Government House from the Domain

Vignette photograph of Government House, Hobart, Tasmania taken from the Domain in about 1880. Showing gentleman in a bowler hat sitting on mound.

Diaries of Jorgen Jorgensen

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC M11-3-2
  • Sub-item
  • 1826-1827
  • Parte de Meston Papers

Copies of diaries of Jorgen Jorgensen, including Journey to Ouse Plateau, Repat of Jorgensen to V.D.L. Co. on route between Hobart and Circular Head, and Journal kept while exploring from Circular Head to the Pieman River, 1826-7.

Archibald Lawrence Meston

Franklin Square and Hobart waterfront

Photograph from the collection of James Backhouse Walker of Franklin Square and the Hobart waterfront taken in about 1870 possibly from St. David's Cathedral according to a note on the reverse. The photographer is Henry Hall Baily who had studios in Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets Hobart from 1865 until 1918.

Henry Hall Baily

Resultados 1 a 100 de 280