Showing 1889 results

Archival description
Australia
Print preview View:

1554 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Interview with Colin Dennison

  • Collection
  • 2018

Interview with Colin Dennison dated 25th August 2018. Interview conducted by Ben Ross (www.oralhistorycompany.com) concerning Colin’s lifetime of collecting photographs, postcards, stamps and other historical resources. Colin donated the collection to the University of Tasmania Library Special & Rare Collections.

Ben Ross

Greg Dickens Photographic Collection

  • AU TAS UTAS ITCCD 2017/14
  • Collection
  • 1960 - 2014

Photographs taken by Greg Dickens, many depicting railway lines and sidings, ships, historical buildings, rural scenes, churches and infrastructure throughout Tasmania.

Greg Dickens

Hobart Chamber of Commerce

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC H3
  • Collection
  • 1851-1984

Collection consists of one folio leather bound minute book and other material relating to the Chamber of Commerce including annual reports and handbooks and directories.
Minutes are incomplete, but annual reports or annual handbooks are complete from 1910 -1984.

Hobart Chamber of Commerce

Annual reports of the Hobart Chamber of Commerce

Annual Reports of the Hobart Chamber of Commerce for the period 1947 to 1981. Reports only, although 1949 is included with a handbook, with list of members, rules as general information and from 1955 names of officers. Reports missing for years 1953, 1954, 1956, 1957.

  1. 1947
  2. 1948
  3. 1949
  4. 1950
  5. 1951
  6. 1952
  7. 1955
  8. 1958
  9. 1959
  10. 1960
  11. 1961
  12. 1962
  13. 1963
  14. 1964
  15. 1965
  16. 1966
  17. 1967
  18. 1968
  19. 1969
  20. 1970
  21. 1971
  22. 1972
  23. 1973
  24. 1974
  25. 1975
  26. 1976
  27. 1977
  28. 1978
  29. 1979
  30. 1980
  31. 1981

Hobart Chamber of Commerce

Who can help

Publication entitled "Information for school leavers Who can help? : there are many people who can help you find your way". A joint project with the Tasmanian Education Department, Hobart Chamber of Commerce and Apex Clubs of Tasmania. Undated.

Hobart Chamber of Commerce

Edward Braddon Collection

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC B3
  • Collection
  • 1878-1980

Photocopies of thirty letters written by Edward Nicholas Coventry Braddon and published serially in The Calcutta Statesman & Friend of India, May to October 1878, describing life in Tasmania. entitled "A home in the colonies" also THRA article and reprint dated 1979 & 1980

Sir Edward Nicholas Coventry Braddon

Braddon in India

Article by Scott Bennett written in 1979 entitled Braddon in India and published in T.H.R.A. Papers & Proceedings; vol. 26 No.3 Sept. 1979 pp. 70-84

Sir Edward Nicholas Coventry Braddon

Tasmanian Newspaper Collection

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC N1
  • Collection
  • 1843-1975

Collection of some Tasmanian and one United Kingdom newspapers dating from 1843 through to 1975 documenting significant occasions. Eg. Jubilee supplement, Bothwell Centenarian, Extraordinary edition of the Mercury

Painting's and prints - Tasmanian scenes

Paintings and prints - Tasmanian scenes by Roy Cox, crayon and wash drawings, 1945:­ Salamanca Place, Hobart - Kelly's Steps, Hobart - Old Signal Station, Hobart - G.P.O., Hobart - Government House , Hobart. Also post-card reproductions of the above, plus Hobart Bridge and Ross Bridge.
Coloured engraved, reproduction from the original painting held in the Allport Library Tasmania of Joseph Lycett's View from top of Mount Nelson with Hobart Town in the distance, V.D.L. Published by J. Souter, 1825, printed. J. Walch & Sons, 1974.

William Edwin Fuller

Launceston City Council : Reports Collection

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC L5
  • Collection
  • 1973-1974

Collection consists of the Launceston City Council annual departmental reports, 1973-74, and, the Mayor's Valedictory address, 1973-1974 given by Alderman David Vincent Gunn

Launceston City Council

Olive Pink Collection

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC P6
  • Collection
  • 1931 -1973

Sketches, mainly in pencil and crayon, made by Olive Muriel Pink of flowers found in the north of South Australia, Central and North Australia. The majority were made between June and December 1930, at various places along the railway between Port Augusta and Alice Springs. Later sketches were made in various parts of Australia between 1931 and 1960, but often without a note of the place and date. The sketches were often hurriedly made on pieces of thin, cheap paper, or even pieces of cardboard or brown paper. Some were coloured with crayon and a few, more finished drawings were coloured with watercolours. A later donation was made of books, personal belongings and sketches. A second series was received from the family of Olive Pink in 2016, this series includes Olive Pink's book collection, photographs, paintings, letters, items of clothing and other ephemera and memorabilia, some of which are nationally significant in their own right - such as the book plate made by Adrian Feint, notes and sketches done whilst camping with Daisy Bates, and photographs documenting life in Central Australia.

Olive Pink

A & P Roller with Baler 1972

Colour photograph of Aveling & Porter Limited steam engine, painted green, towing yellow and red baler in a paddock with people and other machinery on display.

Belt-driven baling with steam engine

Colour photograph shows how a belt is connected to drive wheel of a steam engine and a baler, at a demonstration held near central arena at Elphin Showground, Launceston, also set up for sheepdog trials

Hal Wyatt

Ag Contractors on road 1972

Colour photograph of steam-powered farming equipment arranged in single file in a paddock, including steam engine and harvest equipment.

Hal Wyatt

Centenary train steams into Relbia Station

Colour photograph depicts red C Class steam locomotive, steaming on line approaching Relbia Station railway platform, near Launceston, between Western Junction and Inveresk. The words: ?CENTENARY TRAIN 1871-1971? emblazoned on front of boiler.

Hal Wyatt

Hobart Commerce

One issue of the periodical publication of the Hobart Chamber of Commerce entitled "Hobart Commerce" Vol. 5 No. 21 May 1971

Hobart Chamber of Commerce

Hobart Shopping Guide

Hobart shopping guide : to assist Japanese visitors to Hobart compiled and prepared by Hobart Chamber of Commerce. Published Tokyo, Japan : Federation of Japan Tuna Fisheries Co-operative Associations, undated date [1971?]. Bilingual text: Japanese and English.

Hobart Chamber of Commerce

Machinery at Launceston Show

Colour photograph shows men sitting on hay bales amid farm machinery display at Launceston Show, near Webster Woolgrowers sign and W logo.

Hal Wyatt

A & P Roller working in Launceston

Colour photograph of Aveling & Porter Limited steam roller, working on levelling flat area of gravel and sand opposite City Park, Launceston, off Cimitiere Street. Three motor vehicles visible in background.

Hal Wyatt

Asters growing at Wynyard

Colour photograph of flowers (asters) growing in paddock of deep red soil. Windbreak of pine trees in background.

Hal Wyatt

Astor in Derwent River

Colour photograph shows yacht Astor, on Derwent River, with dinghy in tow; Mount Wellington shrouded in low cloud behind; other yachts under sail in background.

Hal Wyatt

H.E.C. Photograph album

Commemorative album of photographs of dams and power stations presented to J.H. O'Neil on his retirement from the Hydro-Electric Commission.

John Henry O'Neil

Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous materials including newspapers, newspaper cuttings, Christmas cards, W.E. Fuller's obituary and souvenir magazine

William Edwin Fuller

Royal Tennis Court material

Newspaper cuttings collected by Mrs. F. R. Fuller, including Mercury photograph of W. E. Fuller and visitors at the Royal Tennis Court, Hobart on its 75th anniversary in 1950.

William Edwin Fuller

After the yacht race

Colour photograph of yachts moored at Hobart waterfront, after a yacht race, masts, rigging, sails being stored by crew on yachts, including Southern Myth and Defiance.

Hal Wyatt

Albino wallaby in backyard

Colour photograph of an albino wallaby sitting near building rubble in a yard lined with a timber paling fence.

Hal Wyatt

Astor at finish line of Sydney-Hobart Yacht Race

Colour photograph shows yacht with spinnaker hoisted, sailing on Derwent River, the Astor, purportedly in 1962 Sydney-Hobart Yacht Race, photograph quite possibly taken in 1961, 1963 or 1964 race when the craft took line honours.

Hal Wyatt

Aveling & Porter Traction Engine

Colour photograph shows restored Aveling & Porter traction engine, parked in paddock, 1970, painted green, with distinctive prancing horse logo on front of boiler tube

Hal Wyatt

University Library Photographs

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC UT112-11
  • Collection
  • 1952-1969

Collection consists of various black and white photographic views of the interior and of the staff of the University of Tasmania Library at Domain House, Hobart also at the Morris Miller Library, Sandy Bay

University of Tasmania

Fuller Papers

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC F6
  • Collection
  • 1916-1965

Collection consists of personal and business correspondence, financial records, scrapbook and cuttings scripts of broadcasts, stories and plays. Theatre programs, photographs and pins and badges. There is also material collected by Francis Ruby Fuller and Edwin Charles Fuller

William Edwin Fuller

A & P Roller in Roundhouse

Colour photograph of Aveling & Porter Limited steam roller inside Inveresk railyards roundhouse, Launceston, 1964.

Hal Wyatt

Correspondence

Series consists of personal correspondence and with the ABC , picture postcards, and the opening of the Bookshelf . One file of correspondence between Hilda Bridges to Frances Fuller, dated 1958 - 1964

William Edwin Fuller

Newspaper cuttings

Collection of newspaper cuttings : Collected by Mrs. W. E. Fuller, mainly relating to the bookshop, also to Repertory Theatre,
broadcasting, building of Hobart Bridge (Examiner 13 August 1963). Includes copy of the Illustrated Tasmanian Mail dated 13 December 1934.

William Edwin Fuller

Photograph of the stable at the old prison station

Photograph of the stable at the old prison station, Broadmarsh, Tasmania. Taken April 1960. In 1842 Invercarron became the site of the Broadmarsh Convict Probation Station, which was deemed to be such a disaster [La Trobe’s 1847 report cited ‘utter abandonment of all order and decency’] that it was closed in 1847.

Photograph of doorway at Braeside

Photograph of doorway at Braeside, Broadmarsh. Taken April 1960. Now known as Stonefield' , 'Braeside' was built in 1824, located at 266 Elderslie Rd, Lower Broadmarsh. A good example of a two storey Georgian home with a separate kitchen wing

Photograph of stables at Strathelie

Photograph of stables at Strathelie, Broadmarsh. Taken April 1960. Located at 974 Elderslie Road Broadmarsh. Strathelie is a very impressive late Georgian house thought to be built by Thomas Johnston in 1851. Constructed of silver grey sandstone, featuring a parapeted facade, enclosed rear courtyard, fine front door and front verandah with slender iron columns. The house is complemented by particularly fine outbuildings comprising stone barn with arched openings and brick stable forming a u-shape about a central yard.

Photograph of stables at Strathelie

Photograph view of arches at the stables, Strathelie, Broadmarsh. Taken April 1960. Located at 974 Elderslie Road Broadmarsh. Strathelie is a very impressive late Georgian house thought to be built by Thomas Johnston in 1851. Constructed of silver grey sandstone, featuring a parapeted facade, enclosed rear courtyard, fine front door and front verandah with slender iron columns. The house is complemented by particularly fine outbuildings comprising stone barn with arched openings and brick stable forming a u-shape about a central yard.

A & P Roller driving on road

Colour photograph of Aveling & Porter Limited steam roller, with green and red trim, ‘Marshall’ on canopy, travelling on bitumen road.

Hal Wyatt

A & P Roller at Franklin House

Colour photograph of Aveling & Porter Limited steam roller, parked on lawn at Franklin House, Franklin Village, Hobart Road, south of Youngtown.

Hal Wyatt

People climbing on A & P Roller

Colour photograph of Aveling & Porter Limited steam roller, wheels set in concrete, beside mature apple tree, with people climbing on wheels and driving platform.

Hal Wyatt

Casino Tower

Colour photograph of Wrest Point Casino tower, looking upwards from base of building

Hal Wyatt

Obituary

Obituary notice for W. E. Fuller from Booksellers' Association, also from the Mercury newspaper

William Edwin Fuller

Photograph of the old prison station

Photograph of the old prison station, Broadmarsh, Tasmania. Taken April 1960. In 1842 Invercarron became the site of the Broadmarsh Convict Probation Station, which was deemed to be such a disaster [La Trobe’s 1847 report cited ‘utter abandonment of all order and decency’] that it was closed in 1847

Photograph of northern wall of Braeside

Photograph of northern wall of Braeside, Broadmarsh. Taken April 1960. Now known as Stonefield' , 'Braeside' was built in 1824, located at 266 Elderslie Rd, Lower Broadmarsh. A good example of a two storey Georgian home with a separate kitchen wing

Library workroom

One small black and white photograph of Library workroom at Domain House taken in November 1960. Staff identified as J. Reynolds

University of Tasmania

Main reading area

Photograph of the main reading area of the Library, Domain, House . Taken in November 1960 showing students working at desks. Fire place and mantel on rear wall.

University of Tasmania

Photograph of the old prison station

Photograph of the old prison station, Broadmarsh, Tasmania. Taken April 1960. In 1842 Invercarron became the site of the Broadmarsh Convict Probation Station, which was deemed to be such a disaster [La Trobe’s 1847 report cited ‘utter abandonment of all order and decency’] that it was closed in 1847.

Photograph of doorway at Strathelie

Photograph of doorway at Strathelie, Broadmarsh. Taken April 1960. Located at 974 Elderslie Road Broadmarsh. Strathelie is a very impressive late Georgian house thought to be built by Thomas Johnston in 1851. Constructed of silver grey sandstone, featuring a parapeted facade, enclosed rear courtyard, fine front door and front verandah with slender iron columns. The house is complemented by particularly fine outbuildings comprising stone barn with arched openings and brick stable forming a u-shape about a central yard.

Photograph of Roydon

Photograph of the front door of Roydon, Broadmarsh. Taken April 1960. Located at 58 Clifton Vale Road, Elderslie. Sandstone farm house with a central door and flanking double hung windows, an attic level and weatherboard addition to the rear. The building has a hipped roof and narrow boxed eaves. The sandstone stables feature a half hipped roof, sandstone walls and an iron roof. The building is a floor and a half and is still in use as a stable. There are some other early buildings on the site.

Photograph of Braeside from the south west

Photograph of Braeside from the South West, Broadmarsh. Taken April 1960. Now known as Stonefield' , 'Braeside' was built in 1824, located at 266 Elderslie Rd, Lower Broadmarsh. A good example of a two storey Georgian home with a separate kitchen wing

Loans desk

Photograph of the Librarian, D H Borchardt at Loans desk with Mrs Kemp 1960

University of Tasmania

Loans desk

Photograph of the Librarian, D H Borchardt at Loans desk with Mrs Kemp 1960

University of Tasmania

Main reading area

Photograph of the main reading area of the Library, Domain, House . Taken in November 1960 showing students working at desks. Honour board on wall.

University of Tasmania

Results 1 to 100 of 1889