- AU TAS UTAS SPARC RSA/J
Miscellaneous records concerning gifts and purchase of items, for various sections of the Society.
41 resultados con objetos digitales Muestra los resultados con objetos digitales
Miscellaneous records concerning gifts and purchase of items, for various sections of the Society.
Gift and bequest correspondence, establishment, history and rules as well as individual bequests
Miscellaneous collection of files. Includes annual reports, administration, financial affairs, library, medals and some Northern Branch files.
Draft report and list of works in the Royal Society Art Collection. Including information on acquisition.
Records of the Northern Branch of The Royal Society of Tasmania. Includes general correspondence and financial records, council papers, publications, lectures, excursions and other material
Daily journal of the Bothwell Police Office for 1829-1830 and Cumberland electoral roll for 1860
Collection consists of handwritten diaries and personal family correspondence. The Boyes diaries are detailed and include waspish comment on his contemporaries. His letters to his wife are also informative.
George Thomas William Blamey Boyes
Minutes of The Tasmanian Society dated March 1841 to March 1842. Titled 'Minutes of "The Society" V. D. Land 1841'
Collection of framed caricatures drawn by Thomas Claude Wade Midwood depicting colleagues, members of Midwoods household and local Hobart characters. Most are identified.
Thomas Claude Wade Midwood
Sketches, mainly in pencil and crayon, made by Olive Muriel Pink of flowers found in the north of South Australia, Central and North Australia. The majority were made between June and December 1930, at various places along the railway between Port Augusta and Alice Springs. Later sketches were made in various parts of Australia between 1931 and 1960, but often without a note of the place and date. The sketches were often hurriedly made on pieces of thin, cheap paper, or even pieces of cardboard or brown paper. Some were coloured with crayon and a few, more finished drawings were coloured with watercolours. A later donation was made of books, personal belongings and sketches. A second series was received from the family of Olive Pink in 2016, this series includes Olive Pink's book collection, photographs, paintings, letters, items of clothing and other ephemera and memorabilia, some of which are nationally significant in their own right - such as the book plate made by Adrian Feint, notes and sketches done whilst camping with Daisy Bates, and photographs documenting life in Central Australia.
Combined index to The Royal Society of Tasmania manuscript deposit collection.
Most of the papers consist of notes made about historical queries, a rough draft of his book, and correspondence with East Coast residents and others requesting information. There is also a collection of newspaper cuttings and pamphlets relating to the history of Tasmania, especially the East Coast and some photographs and snapshots. Dr Parker also collected some original historical documents~ chiefly from East Coast families (although those of Dr Storey and the Cotton families have now been returned to the Cotton archives (ref. C.7). Dr Parker's collection of Walch's Almanacs has been supplemented by others received from Walch's and is kept up to date and now forms a complete record set for Walch's records (kept for reference in the Archives Reading Room). Some early newspapers (including Colonial Times, Southern Cross, Launceston Courier) were transferred to the State Archives to fill gaps in their collection .
George Musgrave Parker
Collection of black and white and coloured postcard sets of Tasmanian scenes. Collected in the 1930, 1940's & 1950s during holiday trips to the island.
Small photographs of plans and proposed designs held In the Tasmanian State Archives. Includes, Government House: Watch House, New Town: Gaol and Court House, Longford: Public School, Hobart, (i.e. 'Hutchins'): Watch House, Kensington, Antill Ponds: Court House, Bagdad : Watch House, Kangaroo Point.
Collection consists of correspondence received by G.W. Walker and some miscellaneous notes.
George Washington Walker
Collection consists of corresspondence recieved, and draft correspondence. Also includes Library Associations, personal records, university lecture notes and papers relating to the University Library. Notes and drafts of publications and lectures and photographs
Edmund Morris Miller
The William and John Clark Papers are a record of a settler family in Tasmania. They include papers concerning the management of the Cluny property, a few papers relating to Bothwell and John Clark's correspondence concerning his work as a magistrate. There are also letters to John Clark from William Barnes (1791 ?-1848). brewer of Launceston, 1829-1839; Matthew Curling Friend of Newnham, Port Officer
at George Town, 1833-1841, and from Charles Arthur (1808-1884), nephew of and Aide-de-Camp to Lt.
Governor George Arthur, 1827-1829. There are also letters from British army officers' wives and daughters addressed to Jane Clark. Also included are papers relating to the Weston Family, Ann (neeClark) and William Pritchard Weston
Collection consists of Thylacine Expedition 8 mm films, and notes on site locations etc. collected on location at Mt Nelson, Granville Harbour and Cape Portland , in Tasmania between 1953 and 1978 by Eric Guiler.
Reel 104 is an example of the films. All films are available for viewing at https://eprints.utas.edu.au/36113/
Eric Rowland Guiler
Contains letterbooks, diaries and microfilm copies of the journals
The Derwent Star and Van Diemen's Land Intelligence, Hobarts first and short lived newspaper was first issued on 8 January 1810. This issue No. 7, 3 April 1810 gives an account of the recent death and funeral of David Collins, Lieutenant Governor of Van Diemen's Land. Produced fortnightly by the government printer George Clark/Clarke, there were twelves issues published from 1810 to 1812.
Papers relating to his historical research of Archibald Lawrence Meston (1890-1951), including notes, drafts and copies of articles for publication, transcripts or photocopies of documents, newspaper cuttings.
Archibald Lawrence Meston
Research notes, correspondence and drafts of historical studies of the Van Diemen's Land Company, Jorgen Jorgensen, etc. by Archibald Lawrence Meston (1890-1951).
Archibald Lawrence Meston
Collection consists of some of the papers of John Leake (1780-1865) of Rosedale, near Campbell Town, pastoralist, justice of the peace, member of the Legislative Council and a former merchant of Hull and Hamburg, who settled with his family near Campbell Town, Tasmania, in 1823, and of his family, including his youngest son Charles Henry Leake (1819-1889) whose heirs inherited Rosedale.
Collection consist of copies of historical manuscripts and some original manuscripts, press cuttings and notes.
John Watt Beattie
Collection consists of a series of digital photographs taken for an exhibition of Marjorie Bligh's work held at the University of Tasmania, Morris Miller Library in 2011. They include photographs of Marjorie's personal photograph collection and photographs of her handcrafts.
The collection features photographs taken by Hobart photographic studio Beattie’s Studio, also known as J.W. Beattie, for the Electrolytic Zinc Co. at the company’s Risdon smelter between 1920 and 1940. The collection depicts construction of new facilities at the factory complex. The first sod was turned on the zinc smeltering plant at Risdon on the western shore of the Derwent River on 16 November 1916, and a test smelter called the 250 lb plant was opened in 1917 to produce 250 lb of zinc a day using the recently developed Roast-Leach-Electrowin (RLE) process of extracting zinc through electrolysis. Electrolytic Zinc’s office occupied the former Derwent Inn. The larger 10-ton plant opened in January 1918 and the 100-ton plant opened in November, 1921. This collection of photographs depicts the phases of construction of the 100-Ton Plant, further expansion of the smelter and decomissioning of some of the older equipment at the zinc works. Beattie’s Studio was a photographic studio founded by Scotsman John Watt Beattie (1859-1930), who began exhibiting photographs soon after his arrival in Tasmania in 1878.
Electrolytic Zinc Company of Australasia Limited
Miscellaneous material relating to Franklin and his appointment, the dismissal of Capt. Maconochie. Lady Franklin's dinner engagement book, stereoscopic photograph of Lady Franklin Museum and assorted correspondence
Letters and addresses of Sir John & Lady Jane Franklin
The unpublished memoirs of Sir Leslie Patrick Abercrombie, an English town planner, best known for the post-Second World War re-planning of London
Grant of land at 31 Campbell Street, Hobart to Joshua Fergusson made by his Excellency Colonel George Arthur Lieutenant Governor of Van Diemen's Land on the 26th day of March 1827. Subject to the payment of a yearly quit-rent of two pounds payable on the 31st day of January each year.
31 Campbell Street is the site of the University of Tasmania's major creative industries and performing arts development, 'The Hedberg', adjoining Hobart's historic Theatre Royal on the 'Wapping 4' site. The University of Tasmania opened at the Hedberg in Semester 1, 2020 after almost 10 years in conception, consultation, planning and construction stages. The project was led by Tasmanian firm Liminal Architecture and designed in collaboration with WOHA and Arup.
The significance of the Hedberg site in the heart of Wapping dates to the 1830s, when it was a lively convergence of working-class homes, industry and entertainment. Archaeological work was undertaken in consultation with the Tasmanian Heritage Council, and results from the archaeological investigation informed aspects of the design.
The heritage-listed facade of the Hedberg Brothers Garage on Collins Street is the University of Tasmania entrance at the Hedberg. Built in 1925, it has intrinsic heritage value as an early, unusual and important example of its type.
Colonial Secretary, Van Diemen's Land
Collection consists of rugby memorabilia and other material relating to the life and work of George Wilson, master of Hytten Hall, the University of Tasmania's first residential college
George Thomas Jamieson Wilson
Letters, diaries and miscellaneous documents relating to both Sir John and Lady Jane Franklin. Many of the papers are only copies (some with omissions). not original, as, according to Rawnsley, after Lady Franklin's death her niece and companion, Sophia Cracroft, selected some papers for publication and had illegible ones copied or extracted and the originals were destroyed. The copies or extracts have been corrected and edited.
Collection of papers regarding Aboriginal settlement, genealogical tables and mutton bird industry on Cape Barren Island and Furneaux Islands. Includes a handwritten article entitled "The Furneaux Islands, their early settlement and some characteristics of their inhabitants"· by Edward William Stephens, State School teacher.
Edward William Stephens
Collection consists of management committee records, admissions register and accounts of the Girls Industrial School Hobart, also 2 photographs.
Girls Industrial School Hobart
Collection consists of administrative correspondence, annual reports, minutes and financial statements regarding the schools board, and schools administration. Material relating to staff and students including the school magazine, class lists and student activities. Also included are the papers relating to the Hobartville Association from 1888 to 1910 . Also a large collection of early photographs.
Collection consists of personal papers, medical case notes and accounts, student notes and exercises, botanical papers which include some correspondence with Baron Sir Ferdinand von Mueller, copies of electoral returns etc.
George Fordyce Story
Written narrative of the discovery of Port Davey and Macquarie Harbour" and voyage round Tasmania by James Kelly in 1815-1816 (undated) also a collection of miscellaneous papers.
Miscellaneous documents, visitor book and list of paintings
Collection consists of accounts for the sale of plants, receipted bills and detailed expenses, visitors books, work books, notebooks and administrative papers. See also entries in Council meeting minutes.
The Royal Society of Tasmania
Collection consists of 3 audio cassettes of the 1980 Boyer Lectures given by Bernard Smith, entitled 'The Spectre of Truganini'
Collection of meeting minutes, directors meetings and share register for the Hobart Town Turkish Bath Company
Hobart Town Turkish Bath Company
Collection consists of miscellaneous letters and documents, including the Will of Ronald C Gunn (1879); copy of a letter from Henry Hellyer to Edward Curr describing a journey and the discovery of River Mackintosh and Eldon Range(1828); genealogy of John Lyne made by WL May (1919); copies of letters of depositions relating to theft from estate of William Mawle; copies of letters from letter book of Philip Oakden, founder of the Union Bank, Launceston and extracts from letters of William Parramore who settled in VDL in 1823.
File of first newspaper published at the town of Waratah, Mt. Bischoff. Waratah Weekly News, 19 March 1881 to 21 May 1881. Manuscript, duplicated by 'centigraph'
Correspondence and other related material associated with Historical and Geographical Section, Physical, Mathematical & Chemical Section, Medical Section, Education Section, Anthropology Section and Botanical Section
Collection consists of Library accession register's, record of individuals and institutions receiving copies of 'Papers & Proceedings' and other publications and other material relating to the library of The Royal Society of Tasmania
Financial records of The Royal Society of Tasmania. Includes ledger accounts, receipts and expenditure, audited balance statements etc.
The Royal Society of Tasmania
Correspondence and letterbooks of The Royal Society of Tasmania. Includes abstracts of letters sent by secretary and correspondence files by subject.
The Royal Society of Tasmania
Two newspapers - Fiji Times, dated 6 & 10th of January 1877 and The Bulawayo Sketch dated 21 July 1894. Mock cyclostyled paper on a fold of account ruled paper - humourous sketches and adverts.
Note ms. at top 'Byrne (6 )'
MA. Thesis, University or Melbourne, 1950. Titled "Mrs Charles Meredith: A biography", by Joan H. Buchanan.
Plates from unknown work published by E. Noblet, Liege [Belgium] The plates show drawings of various machinery for coal mining, including carriages, compressed air system, lifts, pumps, digging machines, props, etc. and drawings of mines and coal seams of the mines of the Meuse and Ruhr. Legends at the top of each plate are in French, with English and German translations below the plate.
Copies of tracings made in 1917 from old Government plans of the Port Arthur Convict Settlement, mounted on canvas and bound (by Walch's). Photographic copies of tracings, possible made later. The original tracings were stamped "P.W.D. traced 1917", with a number. The copies are not coloured, although descriptions refer to "parts shaded red", etc. Includes military barracks, penitentiary, model prison, block plan of the settlement, Port Arthur church etc.
Letter written from Hobart to John Ingle, London:- depression in monetary, commercial and agricultural interests (affairs of Montefiore, Bryant, Hopleys (and their agent Hobbs).
The writer also attempted 'from recollection a sketch [plan] of your property in Argyle and Macquarie streets showing the present improvement' of new wharves reclaimed from the sea and the extension
of Argyle Street cut through Government House gardens , and also the old police office on the corner which belonged to the Gellibrand's trustees but was up for sale, being in a dilapidated state, and
would be a valuable site for shops or stores •
The letter is torn and a piece is missing with the signature, but it may- have been written by Edward Lord.
Cuttings from the Liverpool. Mercury (U.K.) probably compiled by the editor, John Smith, including scraps of editorials, answers to queries, reports of St. Nicholas Vestry meetings, etc. dated 1842 to 1850. Inside cover marked ms. "John Smith, Mercury Office, Liverpool.'"
Collection of newspapers including Tasmanian Illustrated Mail, Illustrated Australian News, The Australasian Sketcher, The Australian, The Bathurst Times and The Goldfields Hiring Chronicle.
Collection of Tasmanian newspapers including, Colonial Times, The Independent, The True Colonist, Tasmanian Trade Circular, Derwent Star, Hobart Town Punch, Tasmanian Punch Preview, Tasmanian Punch, Railwayiana and 'Happy Thwarts '; 'The Derwent Trumpeter'
Printed bulletins, extracts from newspapers, proclamations dated 1812 and 1815 regarding Napoleon Bonaparte mostly during War of the Seventh Coalition and prior to his surrender July 1815. Most "Extrait du Moniteur" in French.
Rating list for Hobart torn out of Hobart Town Gazette 1875 - gives owners, occupiers, rateable value, street by street.
Hobart Town Gazette
Key List of Tasmanian Birds, with a method for their easy identification by Parker and Morton.
Typed draft of a' pamphlet' bound and interleaved with blank pages and corrected in ink. - eg the addition of 'By Parker and. Morton' under the title and. the alteration of 'I' to 'we' and: 'procured by myself' to
'procured by Capt. Parker R.N.' in the preface. The 'key' is described in the preface as 'meant for those who are not up in scientific terms'. 'The Systematic List of Tasmanian Birds' by Colonel W.V. Legge (1841-1918) was followed and so the 'Key' was probably compiled between 1900-1907 by Capt. Arthur Charles Parker (c1860-1920) and Alexander Morton (c1854-1920) secretary of the Royal Society of Tasmania
Arthur Charles Parker
Birds of Tasmania undated [early 20th cent]. Notes and extracts from the 'Catalogue of Birds in the British
Museum' (London) 1874-1895 of birds which may be found in Tasmania, made by an unknown researcher (? early 20th century) on loose half sheets of foolscap paper (possibly originally in a spring type binder, including diagram of bird and illustrations of eggs and beaks. pages 1-581 (numbered + c. 100 illustrations
English eighteenth and nineteenth century newspapers: The Times, Exeter and Plymouth Gazette, Whitehall Evening Post, London Gazette, Observer and Edinburgh Courant. Covering the death and funeral of Lord Nelson 1805, the battle of Waterloo 1815 (reprint), Coronation of Victoria 1838 and the Coronation of George IV.
An incomplete descriptive loose leaf list of fishes by an unidentified author also 42 ink drawings or diagrams of fish.
Twenty xerox copies of letters received by Alfred Archer. Also manuscript poem 'put me in my little bed'.
Letters received from Alfred Archer’s mother while he was at school with Mr Hawkes, dated December 1854, August & September 1856, February - July 1857 (9 letters):also from his father 16 July 1862, 16 July 1863 (2 letters); sister Ellen, 8 February 1869 & 13 March 1879 (2 letters); brother Harold written during visit of both brothers to U.K., 7 May & 19 September 1878 (2 letters); cousin Alice Archer, August 1877 & January 1880 (2 letters); Joseph Mosman about the cricket club 8 March 1875; Henry H. Tippler, Wellington New Zealand, 23 September 1878.
Newspaper article on Robert Mather, 1922, 1923 and undated notes by Charles Meredith copied by Mr. Walker, on biography of Francis Cotton, Gilbert Robertson, William Kermode, Thomas Mason, Dunn family, John Swann, Charles Meredith himself, etc.
Gold digging license and notes on gold digging for the colony of Victoria
Collection of miscellaneous Australian newspapers: The Record (King Island), Melbourne Advertiser, Commonwealth Gazette, The Colonist, N.S.W.
Publication entitled 'Salmoniana,' by Barri Couta(pseud.)m June 1866. Humorous verse and sketches concerning the arrival of salmon ova in Tasmania. The names of the commissioners and others have been noted on the sketches in this pamphlet which includes advertisements printed by J. Walch & Son.
Salmon Commissioners Tasmania
Examples of historic British journals, pamphlets, speeches etc. The collection consists of miscellaneous examples and loose sheets, most in poor condition, torn and fragile. Includes, British Mercury, British Journal, London Journal, Flying Post, The Medley, Intelligencer, The Observator, Mercurius Caledonius, Mercator or Commerce Retrieved, The Weekly Journal of British Gazeteer, etc
Certificate of award of 2nd class medal to Tasmanian Executive from the Paris exhibition of 1855 signed by Napoleon Bonapart. Photographic copies of Certificates of award from Sydney and Melbourne Exhibitions to James G. Moir of Hobart for lead shot, 1879 & 1880-1881 & plan of Melbourne Centennial Exhibition 1888
Miscellaneous items collected by the Society on various subjects including Egyptian wheat, fungus grub, Hobart floating bridge, Bruny Island, Dunrobin Bridge, Army & Barracks, excursion notes etc.
Miscellaneous newspaper cuttings c. 1930 to 1950. Cuttings, formerly in 'information' file, arranged
in alphabetical order of subject. mainly from the 1950s, but also some earlier cuttings.
Microfilm copy of 'Narrative of the overland journey of Sir John and Lady Franklin and party from Hobart Town to Macquarie Harbour, 1842' by David Burn - extracted from Colburn's United Services Magazine, Vol.2-3, June-November, 1843
Catalogue of Tasmanian insects, Tasmanian Museum, Hobart Town, 1875. Manuscript catalogue: number, name and place (all Brighton) in notebook (octavo) Name E. D. Swan?' written in pencil inside cover.
List of Tasmanian Ferns - Manuscript list, bound into quarto volume. Date and author unknown.
Miscellaneous returns, photocopies of plans, and letter etc. relating to Norfolk Island
Illustrated London News
The correspondence consists of letters addressed to James Backhouse and his companion relating to their missionary journey. Most are from people in official positions thanking the missionaries for their work, acknowledging books and reports, replying to requests for information or offering introductions, help and hospitality and also some discussion of religious matters and references to botany in which James Backhouse was interested.
Estate accounts dated June 1822 to 31 December 1831. Day book recording daily notes of work and expenditure relating to the Largebaan (Largiebann) estate, which merged on 26 May 1827 with the Kenmore property (Macquarie Plains, Upper Derwent).
It includes such notes as: 'brought in yesterday from Mr. Parkers, 4 MB wethers, of which killed and sent to Mr Spodes one W. 40t lb (Nov. 1825); 'R. Mather dr. to Lar~ebaan £12 • 12 ' (Feb. 1825); 'Commenced ploughing' (21 Feb. 1825); sent Mr Knopwood a sucking pig on 18th' (21 Feb. 1325); Also sundries, such as boots, 2 doz cups & saucers, 1 sheep shears at 6/-, 2 pairs shoes for Mrs Ballantine, Charles Burns a pocket knife' (sums of money were not always entered).
Also references to 'constableship'.
At the back of the volume were entered journals of sheep owned by various people, including: James Robertson, Miss H. Ballentine, Miss H. P. Ballentine, Joseph Ballentine, Nelly Miller; noting marks, numbers of lambs, ewes, (gifts from D.B., Mr Downie & others).
This volume was probably kept by Duncan Ballantine, chief district
constable and pound keeper at New Norfolk, who received a grant of land in the Derwent Valley above New Norfolk.
Two letters dated 1873 relating to a testimonial for Dean Cox - one from Charles Du Cann from Government House
Frederick Holdship Cox
Material relating to Mrs. Mary Ann Cox who ran a coach service between Hobart and Launceston
Mary Ann Cox
Copies of Governor Davey's pictorial proclamation to the aborigines, promising equal justice for whites and natives, with modern tracing (Davey altered to Arthur in a modern hand) and another copy with a different heading.
'Mount Bischoff (abstract) - brief history, undated, plus 'Sketch of the proposed trophy for Mount Bischoff
Tin Mining Co'. n.d. pen & wash drawing, stamped: 'R. Flack Ricards, Architect, 14 Elizabeth Street, Hobart.
Mount Bischoff Tin Mine
Draft of letter or part of article on Tasmanian plants and the effect of the severe frost in England, 1837-8, as mentioned in a paper by Dr. Lindley; writer unknown.
Two prints :
(1) View of the country round Hobart Town In Van Dleman's Land. Reduced on zinc from a drawing by Joseph Lycet, in the collection of Professor Buckland at Oxford. Printed by C. Hullmandel, London. N.D.
(2) Architect's drawing of proposed High School, by A. Dawson, printed by T. Browne.
Letter from R. D. Blackmore [Richard Doddridge Blackmore (1825-1900) English novelist, author of Lorna Doone] to Mannington Caffyn, on the origin of the title 'Cradock Nowell'. 18 February 1890.
Also letter from E. A. Nowell to Mr Morton [secretary of Royal Society of Tasmania] enclosing Blackmore's letter.
Richard Doddridge Blackmore
Copy of Frankland's narrative of the expedition to the source of the Derwent River, 26 October 1835
Botanical notes and list of 'plants from Mr Fischer 1815' in small volume, entitled, ms. Kew 1808'
Friedrich Ernst Ludwig Fischer
Notes in aid of a history of the early days of Tasmania by R. W. Giblin, made c.1923
Including copies of records of Van Diemen' s Land 1803 - 1818
Ronald Worthy Giblin
Typed list of tombstones in St. David's cemetery, Hobart (St. David's Park) dated 1922
St. David's Cemetery
Copies of letters written by John Martin, June to November 1849 to his brother David, from Dublin, the ship 'Elphinstone' and from Bothwell, Tasmania. Martin was an Irish political prisoner transported to Van Diemen's Land.
Grant dated 18 December 1805 to Henry Hayes of 100 acres on the Derwent to be known as Henrietta Farm, to be held for five years free of taxes, rents etc. but timber suitable for naval purposes was to be reserved for the use of the Crown.
Endorsed with transfers: Henry Hayes to Charles William Murray 1811,Charles W. Murray to William Collins 1814, illegible to Joshua Ferguson 1821 and J. Ferguson to Edward Foord Bromley 1825
Photostat and typed transcript of letters patent establishing the Bishopric of Calcutta in the Church of England 1814
Bishopric of Calcutta
Letter written by George Martin to 'My dearest Mary' (his wife) and a copy of a 'location' extract of a grant of 800 acres.
Microfilm copy of the account book of James Backhouse and George Washington Walker for the years 1832 to 1838
Photocopies of National Trust Acts (U.K.), dated 1907 & 1937
Collection of letters and documents presented to the Tasmanian Museum
Miscellaneous single items received from various donors.
List of Tasmanian fish by M. Allport (n.d. c1870-1876)
Includes also "List of Tasmanian fish sent to Dr. Gunther, British Museum, per ship "Windward", March, 1874" ; List of Tasmanian
saltwater fish sent to the Royal Museum of National History, Brussels by Mr. Morton Allport, March, 1874" ;"Dr. Gunther's list 2nd
collection", and letters :-British Museum 12 Oct., 1872 ("thank you and Mrs. Meredith for ... 6 plates of Tasmanian fishes. I return them as requested ..." ; 2 May, 1875, report on fish received - a salmo trutta taken in Derwent estuary, having "in its stomach eight anchovies, a diet which will account for the rapid growth of salmonoids in your waters but which will not improve the flavour of their flesh", surprised that Tasmanian anchovies not yet turned to same use as in Europe; whip-tails - macronurus Novae Zelandiae : 8 Apr., 1876 : further report on collection sent - included new genus (No. 18 in list: "No local name. See 40 in book and drawing by Mrs. Allport.
Typescript of 'Reminiscences of early Tasmanian life by Miss Amelia Hayes, dictated by her father' ? John Hayes. nd.. Also notes and correspondence of the Hayes family by Clive Lord, W.A.T. Hayes, Winifred Terry and others.
Letters received by the Stokell family 1844-1910. Letters and copies of letters to the Stokell family, including a copy of a letter from bushrangers Martin Cope, Alexander Reid, John Reubens & James Prendergrass to George and Miss Stokell 1844 and 2 letters from E. H. Scott (1909, 1910). Also printed Poems and hymns by E. H. Scott undated.
Correspondence with Archdeacon Whittington concerning the formation of a branch of St. George's Society,1900.
Royal Society of St George
Miscellaneous papers and photographs of the Murray and Archer families. Includes some Archer architectural plans, photographs of Circular Head, Tasmania area and collection of carte de visite of unknown subjects by various Tasmanian and Australian photographers.
Robert Lathrop Murray