Microfilm copy of papers relating to the Cheyne and Wilkinson families including:
1 ) Family of John Cheyne, surgeon, Leith (father of Alexander) and his wife, the daughter of Wm. Edmonston
2) Extract from the life of Dr. John Cheyne (1777-1836) physician general to the forces in Ireland and brother of Alexander
3) 'Royal descent of Colonel Humphry Graham' claimant to the earldom of Monteith, and Elizabeth (Farquhar) , his wife.
4) Printed Pedigree of Colonel Humphrey Graham, claimant to the earldom of Monteith, showing the double descent of his descendants from the Douglases.
5) Marriage certificate of Captain William Wilkinson and Elizabeth Cheyne, 1803, witnessed by Alexander Cheyne her brother.
6) Letter from J.D. Thomson, Admiralty, to Dr John Cheyne, Leith, 28 August- ,1805 informing him of the appointment of Captain W. Wilkinson as commander of the 'Nightingale'.
7) Alexander Cheyne's commissions as: 2nd Lieutenant 1 May 1806; 1st Lieutenant 1 July 1806; 2nd Captain Royal Engineers' Corps, 1 May 1811.
8) Letter from Lt. Col. B. Cheyne to William Cheyne (brothers of Alexander) 28 March 1828
9) Letter from Alexander Cheyne to his niece Cecilia Wilkinson, 9 October 1852
10) Copy of will of Alexander Cheyne 22 April 1858
11) Copy of letter from Westbrook and Butler, solicitors, Hobart, to Mrs W.N.D. Sheppard, Dublin, about Cheyne's will, 18 August 1858.
12) Letter from S. W. Westbrook of the late firm of Westbrook and Butler to Mrs Sheppard, Dublin, 15 July 1861
13) Directions to the cook (? in the residence of John Cheyne, Leith) nd.
14) Copies of letters from Captain W. Wilkinson to his brother John from 'Goliath' off mouth of Nile, Egypt, 13 August 1798 and from 'Elephant', Copenhagen, 4 April 1801.
15) Copy of letter from Lord Nelson to Captain W. Wilkinson, from H.M.S 'Victory', 1805.
16) Letters from Captain W. Wilkinson to his wife Elizabeth (nee Cheyne) 21 March 1805, 20 Jan. 10 Oct. 22 Nov. 1814.
17) Letter from T. Wilkinson to Captain W. Wilkinson 28 Dec. 1830.