Letter written by Frederick K. Astell a miner from Zeehan to his uncle, referring to a downfall in the share market, friends and family, the Waratah to Zeehan railway would be a boon to the coast if constructed, house on Argent Tram property, changes and building at Zeehan, Zeehan and Queen mines lodes good, working underground at Western, then underground boss at North East Dundas.
Microfilm includes - Diary of Adam Amos (1774-1845), May 1822 - December 1825. A record of chief happenings in the district of Great Swan Port of which Adam Amos was Chief District Constable, including notes of musters and convict passes, with names. 1931. "History of the Amos and Lyne families", by C(larendon) Amos, also duplicated notes for members of the family (later published privately as 'Family history of Adam Amos of 'Glen Gala' and William Lyne of Apsley'. manuscript list of memorials in the Amos burial ground, Cranbrook, Tasmania
Diary of Adam Amos (1774-1845), May 1822 - Dec 1825. A record of chief happenings in the district of Great Swan Port of which he was Chief District Constable, including notes of musters and convict passes, with names.
Adam Amos (1774-1845), letters outward, 1807-1844, mostly to his sons.
Adam Amos (1774-1845, letters inward, 1833-1841, including receipts. 4. James Amos (1804-1864), letters inward, 1837-1850.
James Amos (1804-1864), will.
Letters from George Meredith to his wife Mary, nee Evans, 2 Mar 1823 & 25 Apr 1825.
Letter from George Meredith jun. to Mary Meredith (nee Evans), 6 Aug 1833.
Letter from Maria, Mrs John Meredith (nee Hammond), to her daughter Jessie Meredith, 3 May 1885.
Letter to Captain Thomas Watson sen. From niece EN Rayner (?), 13 Oct 1835.
Letters to Capt. T Watson sen. From George Vaux, 18 Mar 1837 & 10 Nov 1838.
Bill of lading for the shipment from Leith of 4 harrows and 2 ploughs, 23 Jul 1814.
Copy of map in Survey Office signed by J H Wedge, 7 Oct 1826, of grant of George Meredith for 2,000acres at Great Swanport, and a description in handwriting of George Frankland, of additional grant of 1,000 acres.
Letter to Mrs Mary Lyne from Jessie Amos (?), 10 May, 2 Oct.
Letter from Elizabeth Lyne to Mary Amos, n.d.
Letter to Mary Amos from?, 5 May 1839.
Letters from Mrs Louisa Bell (nee Meredith) to Margaret Amos (1809-1896), 26 Aug 1885 & 2 Apr 1886. I 7. Letter from Adam Amos to ? , 19 Oct 1872.
Adam Amos to ? Mrs Amos, 1873.
Diary of John Amos, 1 Jan 1840-May1843.
Manuscript copy in 1880-1900 style writing, of "Grandfather Amos' Diary", 1 Jan 1854-21 Jan 1858.
This collection is a sample of images of Queenstown, Zeehan and Macquarie Harbour, sourced from the Colin Dennison image collection. Most of the images were originally created prior to 1956 and have been sourced from private Tasmanian collections. Most of the images have been obtained by scanning photographs either donated to or purchased by Mr Dennison or copied by him with the permission of families, one or more of whose members took the photographs. Some of the images can be identified as copies of original images created by government departments which were discarded and destroyed.
Photograph depicts forecourt of Wrest Point Hotel, Sandy Bay, showing front door with decorative masonry, with five dolphins, ship with St George Cross atop front door. Man in brown uniform standing alongside a Holden FX with dark body paintwork and a yellow painted roof, a taxi affiliated with Hobart's Yellow Cabs, Tasmanian licence plate WXG 772.
Colour photograph depicts red C Class steam locomotive, steaming on line approaching Relbia Station railway platform, near Launceston, between Western Junction and Inveresk. The words: ?CENTENARY TRAIN 1871-1971? emblazoned on front of boiler.
Colour photographs shows three people in a small boat laden with firewood being moved from one side of Lake Dobson to another. Hut visible on shore and cleared path of zig-zag track up hill visible in background
Colour photograph shows smoke curling out of the flue from a woodheater or fireplace of the Hobart Walking Club timber hut at Mount Field National Park, with snowdrifts banked halfway up the walls of the hut
Colour photograph shows a farmer driving an International Harvester Farmall M tractor, with the Australian model name AM, pulling a trailed harvester in a paddock of rye at Glen Dhu, 1956. Placename distinct from other Glen Dhu, near Launceston.
Colour photograph shows people assembling the roof frame of a Hobart Walking Club hut at K Col, later named the FA. Peterson Memorial Hut and officially opened in 1960 by New Zealand adventurer Sir Edmund Hilary
Colour photograph shows signs posted at entrance of Mount Field National Park, with distances and estimated travel times to Lake Dobson (9 1/4 miles), Lake Fenton (7 1/4 miles), Lady Barron Falls (1 1/2 mile), Camping Ground (250 yds), Rangers Cottage (150 Yds), Russell Falls 1/2 MILE 10 MIN, Lady Barron Falls Round Trip 3 1/2 MILES 1H 45 MIN
Colour photograph of Clifton Priory, Bothwell, showing powerlines across front lawn below hedge. National heritage register citation is as follows: “Two storey stone Tudor Gothic house built in 1847-8 by Rev. Robert Wilson from public subscription. Wilson caused a scandal when he ran into financial difficulties and sold it owing a considerable sum. The house is magnificently sited on Barrack Hill from where it enjoys fine views of Bothwell, the Clyde River and surrounding countryside.”
Colour photograph of former coffee palace, hotel and doctor’s surgery at 90 Dalrymple Street Bothwell. Citation on National heritage register: “A two storey brick and stucco Georgian building with a stone rear section, licensed as the Young Queen from 1851-1877 when the name was changed to Maskell's Hotel. The building appears in a book on Colonial architecture by Hardy Wilson with a crinolined lady at the doorway with luggage and bird cage. The building is an important townscape element.”