Photograph depicts forecourt of Wrest Point Hotel, Sandy Bay, showing front door with decorative masonry, with five dolphins, ship with St George Cross atop front door. Man in brown uniform standing alongside a Holden FX with dark body paintwork and a yellow painted roof, a taxi affiliated with Hobart's Yellow Cabs, Tasmanian licence plate WXG 772.
Colour photograph shows two sightseers, man with camera hanging on strap around his neck and gloved woman carrying handbag, outside main house at Brickendon, historic 465ha estate established and farmed by William Archer and descendants since 1824, who invited tourists to their property from the late 20th century.
Colour photograph shows a woman seated on park bench outside main house at Brickendon, historic 465ha estate established and farmed by William Archer and descendants since 1824, who invited tourists to their property from the late 20th century.
Construction site on riverbank as work begins on Tasman Bridge; cranes, steel scaffolding and brickwork evident. Workers in hard hats; one man striding towards camera, wearing gumboots is poking his tongue out at the photographer.
Colour photograph shows construction of Tasman Bridge, from Derwent River’s Eastern Shore. Shows spans of Tasman Bridge almost completed from Eastern Shore, temporary floating Hobart Bridge upstream of new multi-lane road bridge; snow on Mount Wellington in background. Printing or scanning error in photograph/slide shows coloured lines horizontally through. photograph.
Colour photograph of beach, rocks and paddocks leading to shore at Boat Harbour, west of Wynyard, looking out to sea. Photograph taken north-west over Boat Harbour Beach, also known as Jacobs Boat Harbour.
Colour photograph shows a Chas Burrell and Sons steam engine, abandoned and rusting, in a paddock, partially overgrown by runaway hawthorn hedge, in fruit, at Bridgewater. The maker’s name plate is partially visible on the front of the boiler. Visible at top right of photograph is western gantry of vertical lift roadway of Bridgewater bridge on eastern shore of Derwent River, where Bridgewater bridge and causeway joins towns of Bridgewater and Granton.
Photograph in colour, taken from Eastern Shore of Derwent River, depicting repairs to roadway and pylons damaged in January 1975 crash of bulk ore carrier Lake Illawarra. Mount Wellington in background.
Colour photograph of stone house at Bellerive, rendered or painted white, with flowers in bloom in front garden, in front of verandah, house old tin roof, on corner block, street pillar for PMG telephone cabling near letterbox
Colour photograph of red painted railway carriage hooked up behind wagon laden with cut and split timber in a railway siding at Deloraine. Two men standing beside the carriage (with DB10 painted on the side), one man wearing hat, studying a viewfinder camera, the other is looking up the track.
Colour photograph. A man sits on grass near a bicycle close to the men’s bathing sheds on the banks of the Meander River at Deloraine, beneath railway bridge and a short distance from the Bass Highway that crosses the river on a road bridge further upstream.
Colour photograph of ferry pier at bottom of Murray Street, Hobart, departure point for the Bellerive ferry; cargo and passenger ships docked at nearby Princes Wharf, including the steamer Orsova; sign advertising Cascade Ale on the Customs House Hotel.
Colour photograph of beam engine in Hobart, purportedly the oldest McNaught Beam Engine in existence, originally built 1854 in Paisley Scotland, by A.W. Smith and used by Risby’s Sawmill in Hobart until 1955; photograph possibly taken at Moonah public works depot
Colour photograph of beam engine in Hobart, purportedly the oldest McNaught Beam Engine in existence, originally built 1854 in Paisley Scotland, by A.W. Smith and used by Risby’s Sawmill in Hobart until 1955; photograph taken at Moonah public works depot 1967
Colour photograph of black locomotive, shunting a rail car in unidentified rail yard, boiler design has a light, a low-profile front funnel, then two steam domes atop the centre of the locomotive boiler.
Colour photograph of two bridges across the Derwent River, the Hobart Bridge, right, and the Tasman Bridge, left, as viewed from the eastern shore of the Derwent in August 1964. Snow caps Mount Wellington in the background.
Colour photograph taken from the western shore of the Derwent River, depicts vehicles travelling on the temporary, floating Hobart Bridge, while the nearly complete multi-lane Tasman Bridge to join the eastern and western shores of the river, is visible downstream.
Colour photograph of Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens at Queens Domain, Hobart; depicts garden beds, lawns and Derwent River, looking towards Selfs Point Jetty and petroleum storage tanks at Selfs Point.
Colour photograph of abandoned farmhouse, with only a rickety timber roof frame, some internal walls and floors, three dormer windows and two orange brick chimneys intact; external brickwork has collapsed entirely into to piles of rubble; mature European trees planted surrounding house; electricity poles erected through property and roadside cutting across hillside shows line of road, possibly Midland Hwy, featuring white guide posts. Photograph file is named Bishton, possibly referring to Bishton Creek, near Jericho.