Mostrando 235 resultados

Descripción archivística
Private Deposit Collection : University of Tasmania Library Special and Rare Collections Tasmania Con objetos digitales
Imprimir vista previa Ver :

Apslawn House

Photograph of side view of Apslawn House. A sandstone Georgian house built in the 1840's on 640 acres of land granted to John Lyne, MHA for Glamorgan ,1843-1865. Located on the Tasman Highway, Apslawn, 13km south-west of Bicheno.

George Musgrave Parker

Apslawn House

Photograph of front view of Apslawn House. A sandstone Georgian house built in the 1840's on 640 acres of land granted to John Lyne, MHA for Glamorgan ,1843-1865. Located on the Tasman Highway, Apslawn, 13km south-west of Bicheno.

George Musgrave Parker

Penitentiary Building , Sarah Island

Sarah Island was also known by many in the late twentieth century as Settlement Island and the brick and stone penitentiary building was thought to have been constructed in 1828

Photograph by J. Mills, Zeehan. John Mills worked as a photographer in Zeehan from 1896-1900

George Musgrave Parker

Apsley Log Cabin

Photograph of Apsley original log cabin dating from 1826 on the property granted to William Lyne by Governor Arthur on order from Lord Apsley, eldest son of Lord Bathurst. Copy made by J.W. Beattie of an original of J. Lyne

George Musgrave Parker

Friends' Meeting House, Murray Street

Photograph titled First Friends' Meeting House: The first Quaker Meeting House in Hobart. A cottage at 39 Murray Street which was bought by James Backhouse in 1837 with a loan from Meeting for Sufferings, London. The cost was £400 including alterations. Shows Mr Cheverton and Mr Shields and uniformed police constable in front, Holy Trinity Church on hill in background. From 12 February 1832 the visiting Quakers James Backhouse and George Washington Walker held periods of worship in the Quaker manner and others sought leave to join them. These included ex-English Friends who had been transported, some of whom were still prisoners, other convicts and ‘locals’, together with four current members. The gatherings were held in private homes and various rented rooms. The Hobart Meeting began in 1833 when the first Meeting for Discipline was held on 20 September 1833 at the home of Thomas Crouch, Bathurst Street. Members present were Thomas Squire, Ann Pollard (minor), James Backhouse and George Washington Walker. Photograph (mounted) J. Bishop, Osborne (& copy neg)

George Musgrave Parker

Mint bush

Sketch of a Mint bush

Olive Pink

Photograph of Our Camp

1 sepia photograph of camp at ProfessorLyndhurst Falkiner Giblin's Farm - Cobbler's End, Tasmania

Olive Pink

Photograph of Olive Pink and friends

1 sepia photograph of camp at Professor Lyndhurst Falkiner Giblin's Farm - Cobbler's End, Tasmania. Picturing Olive Pink, Florence Rodway, with mop and basin, Mildred Lovett with grid iron as harp, and Ursula Walker

Olive Pink

Postcard of the pontoon bridge, Hobart

Black and white postcard of the River Derwent and the pontoon bridge with a view to the Montague Bay from the Queens Domain. Inscribed H.J.H No. 143. ( H. J. Hellessey ) Real photo card

Postcard of Russell Falls

Black and white postcard of the Russell Falls, a tiered–cascade waterfall on the Russell Falls Creek, located in the Central Highlands region of Tasmania

Postcard of Port Arthur

Black and white postcard of Port Arthur, southern Tasmania showing the church, the penitentiary and other buildings. Marked 26

Postcard of Wrest Point Hotel

Black and white postcard of Wrest Point Hotel from the water at Sandy Bay, with Mount Wellington in the background.

Postcard of of a Kookaburra

Black and white postcard inscribed Kookaburra, Australia , 687B. Mowbray Series, Scenic and Historic views on verso.

Postcard of Koalas

Black and white postcard inscribed Koalas, Greetings from Australia. On verso Mowbray Series, Scenic and Historic Views

Postcard of HMAS Sydney

Black and white postcard of the air craft carrier the HMS Terrible at the HM dockyard, Devonport , England , being recommissioned as the HMAS Sydney, Australia's first aircraft carrier. She was handed over to Australia during a ceremony at Devonport on 16 December 1948 at which she was renamed HMAS Sydney by Mrs J.A. Beasley, wife of the Australian High Commissioner to the UK. She was subsequently accepted into service on 5 February 1949 under the command of Captain R.R. Dowling, DSO, RAN. For more information http://www.navy.gov.au/hmas-sydney-iii

Resultados 101 a 200 de 235