Showing 2700 results

Archival description
Image
Print preview View:

2700 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Tasmanian Society of Honorary Justices : Honour Board

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC T7
  • Collection
  • 2001

Three photographs of the Honour Board of Tasmanian Society of Honorary Justices, located in hallway (Elizabeth Street entrance) Hobart Town Hall. Honour Board presented to Society by Mr F. G. Shepherd, QPM, JP. Historical notes : 1922 - 1994 dates/names confirmed by joint Society and University of Tasmania (History Department) research of available public records.
Photo credit. Mr. P. Baker. 12 December, 2000.

Tasmanian Society of Honorary Justices

Bacon Collection

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC 2013/1
  • Collection
  • c1996-2004

Collection consists of ephemeral material collected by Jim Bacon during his time as Premier of Tasmania

James Alexander Bacon

The Royal Society of Tasmania Medal

Cast bronze medal produced by The Royal Society of Tasmania in 1988 to commemorate the Joseph Banks Memorial Lecture. It features a bust of Banks on one side, the H.M.S. 'Beagle' under sail, a banksia and a lizard on the other. It is number 43 of a limited edition of 150 designed by Tasmanian sculptor Stephen Walker.
Obverse: At centre within border of leaves and nuts, a bust of Banks facing 3/4 left; around, incuse, Sir Joseph Banks 1988 memorial lecture.
Reverse Description: At centre, within border of leaves, H.M.S. Beagle under sail away to right with flower behind and lizard below; around, incuse, THE ROYAL SOCIETY OF TASMANIA.

Stephen Walker

Portrait of Dan Sprod

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC 2021/2
  • Collection
  • c1985

Framed oil painting by Max Angus (1914-2017): a portrait of Dan Sprod (1924-2018), former Morris Miller Librarian (1966-75) and subsequently proprietor of Blubber Head Press and Astrolabe Antiquarian Books, seated at the window of his home in Sandy Bay holding a copy of the book Simpkinson de Wesselow authored by Max Angus and published by Blubber Head Press in 1985

Max Angus

University Studio Theatre - scrapbook

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC UT635
  • Collection
  • 1982-1999

Scrapbook containing newspaper clippings and theatre programs and posters from performances held in the Studio Theatre between 1982 and 1999. Some of the companies and organistions who featured at the theatre were: Salamaca Theatre Company,The Mummers Theatre Company, The Cygnet Peforming Arts group, Round Earth Company, The University's Conservatorium of Music, Breadline Theatre Company, Forum Music Theatre, The Performance Laboratory, The Old Nick Company, Apprentice Theatre, The Classics Society, The Hobart Raja Yoga Centre, the H.C Theatre Company, Misterioso Productions, Polygon Theatre & Launceston Repertory Society.

University Studio Theatre

A & P Roller with Baler 1972

Colour photograph of Aveling & Porter Limited steam engine, painted green, towing yellow and red baler in a paddock with people and other machinery on display.

Belt-driven baling with steam engine

Colour photograph shows how a belt is connected to drive wheel of a steam engine and a baler, at a demonstration held near central arena at Elphin Showground, Launceston, also set up for sheepdog trials

Hal Wyatt

Ag Contractors on road 1972

Colour photograph of steam-powered farming equipment arranged in single file in a paddock, including steam engine and harvest equipment.

Hal Wyatt

Centenary train steams into Relbia Station

Colour photograph depicts red C Class steam locomotive, steaming on line approaching Relbia Station railway platform, near Launceston, between Western Junction and Inveresk. The words: ?CENTENARY TRAIN 1871-1971? emblazoned on front of boiler.

Hal Wyatt

Machinery at Launceston Show

Colour photograph shows men sitting on hay bales amid farm machinery display at Launceston Show, near Webster Woolgrowers sign and W logo.

Hal Wyatt

Locomotives at Western Junction

Colour photograph shows two C Class steam locomotives with red livery, at Western Junction station, figures on platform, people in background taking photographs

Hal Wyatt

Aveling & Porter Traction Engine

Colour photograph shows restored Aveling & Porter traction engine, parked in paddock, 1970, painted green, with distinctive prancing horse logo on front of boiler tube

Hal Wyatt

A & P Roller in Roundhouse

Colour photograph of Aveling & Porter Limited steam roller inside Inveresk railyards roundhouse, Launceston, 1964.

Hal Wyatt

Library workroom

One small black and white photograph of Library workroom at Domain House taken in November 1960. Staff identified as M. McClymont, Dr. Wojtowitz, Mr S. Flood

University of Tasmania

Photograph of the stable at the old prison station

Photograph of the stable at the old prison station, Broadmarsh, Tasmania. Taken April 1960. In 1842 Invercarron became the site of the Broadmarsh Convict Probation Station, which was deemed to be such a disaster [La Trobe’s 1847 report cited ‘utter abandonment of all order and decency’] that it was closed in 1847.

Photograph of doorway at Braeside

Photograph of doorway at Braeside, Broadmarsh. Taken April 1960. Now known as Stonefield' , 'Braeside' was built in 1824, located at 266 Elderslie Rd, Lower Broadmarsh. A good example of a two storey Georgian home with a separate kitchen wing

Photograph of stables at Strathelie

Photograph of stables at Strathelie, Broadmarsh. Taken April 1960. Located at 974 Elderslie Road Broadmarsh. Strathelie is a very impressive late Georgian house thought to be built by Thomas Johnston in 1851. Constructed of silver grey sandstone, featuring a parapeted facade, enclosed rear courtyard, fine front door and front verandah with slender iron columns. The house is complemented by particularly fine outbuildings comprising stone barn with arched openings and brick stable forming a u-shape about a central yard.

Photograph of stables at Strathelie

Photograph view of arches at the stables, Strathelie, Broadmarsh. Taken April 1960. Located at 974 Elderslie Road Broadmarsh. Strathelie is a very impressive late Georgian house thought to be built by Thomas Johnston in 1851. Constructed of silver grey sandstone, featuring a parapeted facade, enclosed rear courtyard, fine front door and front verandah with slender iron columns. The house is complemented by particularly fine outbuildings comprising stone barn with arched openings and brick stable forming a u-shape about a central yard.

Macrocarpa gregoria

Watercolour on card sketched by Olive Pink, "Native Gap" ( Aileron Stn.), 1960. Identified by Olive Pink as Macrocarpa gregoria ( I think) Spinifex Snow - description on back of drawing.

Olive Pink

A & P Roller driving on road

Colour photograph of Aveling & Porter Limited steam roller, with green and red trim, ‘Marshall’ on canopy, travelling on bitumen road.

Hal Wyatt

A & P Roller at Franklin House

Colour photograph of Aveling & Porter Limited steam roller, parked on lawn at Franklin House, Franklin Village, Hobart Road, south of Youngtown.

Hal Wyatt

Results 1 to 100 of 2700