Showing 173 results

Archival description
East Coast Tasmania
Print preview View:

76 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Diary 1866-1868 & 1869-1870

Diary of Sarah E.E. Mitchell of Lisdillon on the East Coast of Tasmania from November 12th 1866 to June 20th 1868 and from July 13 1869 to May 31st 1870. From the age of thirteen she daily noted in her journal the state of the weather, her routine activities about the house and property and visits of friends.

Sarah E.E. Mitchell

Microfilm : Amos family papers

  1. Diary of Adam Amos (1774-1845), May 1822 - Dec 1825. A record of chief happenings in the district of Great Swan Port of which he was Chief District Constable, including notes of musters and convict passes, with names.
  2. Adam Amos (1774-1845), letters outward, 1807-1844, mostly to his sons.
  3. Adam Amos (1774-1845, letters inward, 1833-1841, including receipts. 4. James Amos (1804-1864), letters inward, 1837-1850.
  4. James Amos (1804-1864), will.
  5. Letters from George Meredith to his wife Mary, nee Evans, 2 Mar 1823 & 25 Apr 1825.
  6. Letter from George Meredith jun. to Mary Meredith (nee Evans), 6 Aug 1833.
  7. Letter from Maria, Mrs John Meredith (nee Hammond), to her daughter Jessie Meredith, 3 May 1885.
  8. Letter to Captain Thomas Watson sen. From niece EN Rayner (?), 13 Oct 1835.
  9. Letters to Capt. T Watson sen. From George Vaux, 18 Mar 1837 & 10 Nov 1838.
  10. Bill of lading for the shipment from Leith of 4 harrows and 2 ploughs, 23 Jul 1814.
  11. Copy of map in Survey Office signed by J H Wedge, 7 Oct 1826, of grant of George Meredith for 2,000acres at Great Swanport, and a description in handwriting of George Frankland, of additional grant of 1,000 acres.
  12. Letter to Mrs Mary Lyne from Jessie Amos (?), 10 May, 2 Oct.
  13. Letter from Elizabeth Lyne to Mary Amos, n.d.
  14. Letter to Mary Amos from?, 5 May 1839.
  15. Letters from Mrs Louisa Bell (nee Meredith) to Margaret Amos (1809-1896), 26 Aug 1885 & 2 Apr 1886.
    I 7. Letter from Adam Amos to ? , 19 Oct 1872.
  16. Adam Amos to ? Mrs Amos, 1873.
  17. Diary of John Amos, 1 Jan 1840-May1843.
  18. Manuscript copy in 1880-1900 style writing, of "Grandfather Amos' Diary", 1 Jan 1854-21 Jan 1858.

Amos Family

Microfilm : Amos family papers

  1. Receipt book of half and quarter yearly rent paid by James Amos (father of Adam and John (1776-1848), as tenant of Heriot Mill, Galawater, including later editions (1779), of cash expenses of mill, 1774-1845.
  2. Account book of Amos Mill, Cranbrook, VDL, 1824-1836.
    1. Diary of Adam Amos (1807-1874), June 1839
    2. Letterbook (or minute book) of Trustees of estate of John Lord, 1829-1833, including correspondence of Derwent Steam Navigation Company

Amos Family

Diary 1880

Diary of Sarah E.E. Mitchell of Lisdillon on the East Coast of Tasmania - 1880. From the age of thirteen she daily noted in her journal the state of the weather, her routine activities about the house and property and visits of friends.

Sarah E.E. Mitchell

Diary 1881

Diary of Sarah E.E. Mitchell of Lisdillon on the East Coast of Tasmania - 1881. From the age of thirteen she daily noted in her journal the state of the weather, her routine activities about the house and property and visits of friends.

Sarah E.E. Mitchell

Glen Gala House: brick house, croquet lawn

Photograph of Glen Gala House at Cranbrook. Adam Amos arrived in March 1821 in the Emerald along with George Meredith, and was advised to look for land on the unsettled east coast. Adam's capital entitled him to a grant of 1000 acres (405 ha) which he located on the Swan River at Cranbrook, and called Gala. Glen Gala is a two storey brick Victorian Georgian house constructed in 1860 on the original grant to Adam Amos

George Musgrave Parker

Swansea: Resthaven House

2 storied brick building, no veranda - mounted photo
Now known as Oyster Bay Guest House and located at 10 Franklin Street, Resthaven was built in 1841 and operated initially as the Black Swan Inn. In 1870 it became a store and then became a private residence which was occupied by a number of different doctors.

George Musgrave Parker

Swansea: Resthaven House

Postcard of 2 storied brick house, veranda, car in front
Now known as Oyster Bay Guest House and located at 10 Franklin Street, Resthaven was built in 1841 and operated initially as the Black Swan Inn. In 1870 it became a store and then became a private residence which was occupied by a number of different doctors.

George Musgrave Parker

Swansea: Resthaven House

2 storied brick house
Now known as Oyster Bay Guest House and located at 10 Franklin Street, Resthaven was built in 1841 and operated initially as the Black Swan Inn. In 1870 it became a store and then became a private residence which was occupied by a number of different doctors.

George Musgrave Parker

Swansea: grave of Rev. Thomas Dove MA

Anglican Cemetery . Photograph taken by George Musgrave Parker
Front Inscription
In memoriam Rev Thomas Dove M.A. First Minister of this church born in Glasgow Scotland April 24th 1803
Arrived in Swanport in August 1844
And after labouring in this District as a Christian Minister for 38 years, he died at Swansea August 27th 1882 aged 79 years
Erected by his congregation. http://monumentaustralia.org.au/themes/people/religion/display/103957-reverend-thomas-dove

George Musgrave Parker

Harbottle's cottage at Swansea

Postcard produced by Swansea photographer, Miss F.M. Kennedy, (c1880-c1950s) of titled Harbottle's at Swansea, Tasmania.
This Cottage has also been know as Harbottle's Cottage and Caulfield Cottage. This single storey, sandstone rubble building with a corrugated iron hipped roof was listed by the National Trust in 1976 as it demonstrated the principal characteristics of a single storey, sandstone Victorian Georgian domestic building . Located at 45 Shaw Street, Swansea, Tasmania

George Musgrave Parker

Bluff Cottage, formerly known as Harbottle's Cottage and Caulfield Cottage

Photograph of Bluff Cottage, formerly known as Harbottle's Cottage and Caulfield Cottage. This single storey, sandstone rubble building with a corrugated iron hipped roof was listed by the National Trust in 1976 as it demonstrated the principal characteristics of a single storey, sandstone Victorian Georgian domestic building . Located at 45 Shaw Street, Swansea, Tasmania

George Musgrave Parker

Apslawn House

Photograph of side view of Apslawn House. A sandstone Georgian house built in the 1840's on 640 acres of land granted to John Lyne, MHA for Glamorgan ,1843-1865. Located on the Tasman Highway, Apslawn, 13km south-west of Bicheno.

George Musgrave Parker

Apslawn House

Photograph of front view of Apslawn House. A sandstone Georgian house built in the 1840's on 640 acres of land granted to John Lyne, MHA for Glamorgan ,1843-1865. Located on the Tasman Highway, Apslawn, 13km south-west of Bicheno.

George Musgrave Parker

Diary 1889

Diary of Sarah E.E. Mitchell of Lisdillon on the East Coast of Tasmania - 1882. From the age of thirteen she daily noted in her journal the state of the weather, her routine activities about the house and property and visits of friends.

Sarah E.E. Mitchell

Diary 1870-1872

Diary of Sarah E.E. Mitchell of Lisdillon on the East Coast of Tasmania from June 1st 1870 to January 19th 1872. From the age of thirteen she daily noted in her journal the state of the weather, her routine activities about the house and property and visits of friends.

Sarah E.E. Mitchell

History of the Amos and Lyne families

Manuscript notes "History of the Amos and Lyne families", by C(larendon) Amos, also duplicated notes for members of the family (later published privately as 'Family history of Adam Amos of 'Glen Gala' and William Lyne of Apsley'.

Amos Family

Results 1 to 100 of 173