- 1888 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Name of creator
In 1920 he opened his own bookshop (merging briefly with Oldham, Beddome &Meredith between 1930 and 1932). In 1961 after his death Fullers Bookshop moved from 103 Collins Street to Cat & Fiddle Arcade and in 1962 the business was purchased by three employees, Cedric and Ian Pearce and Lindsay Hay, and moved to Murray Street, 1975.
W. E. Fuller was a keen repertory actor, and helped to found and maintain a repertory theatre in Hobart. He was also one of the pioneer broadcasters with the A.B.C. in the 1930s, giving regular talks on books, and also other broadcasts. He wrote plays, short stories and children's stories and published a novel in 1919, "Love, London and Lynette".
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
Diary dated 1888. Probably kept by E. C. Fuller. Occasional entries only. Refers to "Mother and Marion (e.g. took Mother & Marion to Black Bush), Charley, Bessie, Ada, Margaret and Mary (Margaret plans Mary disposes"); also to mining shares and mine claim especially "Castle Carey", and to council meetings ('.'attended council meeting in morning going through assessment roll").
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling
System of arrangement
Conditions of access and use area
Conditions governing access
Conditions governing reproduction
This material is made available for personal research and study purposes under the University of Tasmania Standard Copyright Licence. For any further use permission should be obtained from the copyright owners. For assistance please contact Special.Collections@utas.edu.au
When reusing this material, please cite the reference number and provide the following acknowledgement:
“Courtesy of the UTAS Library Special & Rare Collections”