Showing 19 results

Archival description
University Collection : University of Tasmania Library Special and Rare Collections Item University of Tasmania -- Staff With digital objects
Print preview View:

Main reading area

Photograph of the main reading area of the Library, Domain, House . Taken in November 1960 showing students working at desks. Fire place and mantel on rear wall.

University of Tasmania

Main reading area

Photograph of the main reading area of the Library, Domain, House . Taken in November 1960 showing students working at desks. Honour board on wall.

University of Tasmania

Loans desk

Photograph of the Librarian, D H Borchardt at Loans desk with Mrs Kemp 1960

University of Tasmania

Loans desk

Photograph of the Librarian, D H Borchardt at Loans desk with Mrs Kemp 1960

University of Tasmania

Library workroom

One small black and white photograph of Library workroom at Domain House taken in November 1960. Staff identified as J. Reynolds

University of Tasmania

Library workroom

One small black and white photograph of Library workroom at Domain House taken in November 1960. Staff identified as M. McClymont, Dr. Wojtowitz, Mr S. Flood

University of Tasmania

Library Staff 1956

One small black and white photograph of Library staff taken outside the entrance to Domain House, Christmas 1956.

University of Tasmania

Staff of the Commerce Department

Black and white mounted photograph of University of Tasmania Commerce Department staff taken in 1938. Left to right: Miss Jeanette Audrey Cox (Clerk 1932-1939), Ken M Dallas, D. L Anderson and Professor F.R.E. Mauldron (front).

University of Tasmania

University Staff & Students 1908

Sepia mounted photograph of staff and students taken in front of the main entrance to Domain House, 1908. Named on back -
Back: G.F. Lovett, C.T. Butler, C.S.W. Rayner, Alan Burn
Middle: E. Jeffrey, S.L. Hughes, Beatrice Beedham, Sarah Dunbabin, F.M.X. McMahon (Mrs Dwyer), Caroline M. Walker, Alec D. Mackay, T.M. Crisp
Front: A.W. Clemes, H.D. Wright, R.L. Dunbabin, Alex McAulay, J.H. Mackay, W.H. Williams, S.M. Johnston, D.G. Burn

University of Tasmania

William Henry Williams

In 1894 William Henry Williams became a lecturer and in 1896 the foundation professor of Classics and English Literature at the newly established University of Tasmania. He occupied the chair until his retirement in 1925. During part of that time he was dean of the faculty of arts and chairman of the professorial board. In March 1926 he was made professor emeritus. He was also a trustee of the State Library of Tasmania from 1921 to 1936. Copy of indenture of Professor Williams to the position of Professor of Classics and English literature, dated 1902. Appointment Indenture for William Henry Williams, dated 1901, 1902 &1904. Professor of Classics and English Literature (1901 draft); Professor of Classics and English Literature (17 February 1902); Supplement to agreement (2 February 1904); Professor of Classics and English Literature (19 August1904 and draft).

University of Tasmania

Professors and candidates for degrees 1923

Photographic except taken from the Illustrated Tasmanian Mail, 19 April, 1923 - Photographs of Professors and candidates for degrees 1923. Professor Williams, Professor McAulay, Professor Dunbabin, Professor McDougall, Professor Copland, Professor Flynn, Professor Burn. Students Mr. C. K. Wilkins, (B.A.), Miss Erica G. Headlam, (M.A.), Mr. W. Parker Listner, (M.A.) 1919, (LL.B) 1923, Mr. B. Telford, (LL.B.), Mr. G. L. Doyle, (LL.B.), Mr. H. Guy, (LL.B.) Miss A. M. Wherrett, (B.A.) Miss B. J. Miller, (B.A.)
Miss B. White-Parsons, (B.A.) Mr. H. G. Harris, (B.A.) Mr. D. G. Salier, (B.Sc) Mr, L. F. Briggs, (B.A.) Mr. M. E .W. Stump, (B.Sc.) Miss J. L. Hurst, (B.A), Mr. T. Hytten, (B.A.) Mr. Bryan W. S. Page, (B.Sc.)

University of Tasmania

Annual Commemoration 1896

Photographic except taken from the Tasmanian Mail, 16 January 1897 showing graduating students : Mr W.A. Roberts (LLB), Mr W.J.T. Stops (LLB), Mr Herbert Nicholls (LLB), Mr J.H. Keating (LLB), Miss E.H Wilson, first lady graduate (BA) and Lieutenant -Colonel Cruickshank, Registrar

University of Tasmania

University Council and Staff

Black and white mounted photograph of University Council members and staff taken in 1924 at the entrance to Domain House.
Back :
Dr. A. L. McAulay, Mr. H.P. Tuck, Mr. C. Malthus, Professor J.B. Brigden, Mr. J. A. Johnson, Professor Burn, Professor Copland.
Middle:
Mr A. R. Hewer, Mr. P. L. Griffiths, Colonel Thomas, Mr. E. A. Counsel (Member of Council), Mr C.C. Dudley, Mr. C. S. King, Mr. L. Rodway
Front:
Professor Dunbabin, Professor Williams, Mr. W. J. T. Stops (Vice-Chancellor),
Sir Elliott Lewis (Chancellor), Professor McDougall, Professor Flynn, Professor Lucas (Acting Professor of Mathematics).

.

University of Tasmania

Staff with Japanese Visitor

Staff with Japanese visitor (front left) taken in front of the main entrance to Domain House, named around photograph N.E. Lewis, W.H. Williams, D.G. McDougall, Herman Ritz, H.C Kingsmill, James Cruickshank, R.L. Dunbabin, F.M. Johnstone, Loftus Hill, A. Beale, C. Dean, Mary Samplan

University of Tasmania