Showing 62 results

Archival description
East Coast Tasmania Image With digital objects
Print preview View:

St Helens : postcard

Eight small captioned black and white fold out images in proprietary post-able envelope. From envelope - Join us in a trip around St. Helens Tasmania. Southern series Registered. On reverse - Postage rates within the British Empire. Without correspondence, in an unsealed envelope, will be 3d. If correspondence is added, postage will be 3 1/2d whether envelope is sealed or unsealed. Foreign rate, 7 1/2 d

East Coast : postcard

Twelve small captioned coloured fold out images in proprietary post-able envelope. From envelope - A Souvenir of Beautiful East Coast Tasmania, 12 Specially selected views in full color. Published by Nucolorvue Productions, Victoria. From inside "The East Coast, Tasmania. The tourist referes to the East Coast a the section from scottsdale in the north to Sorell in the south of the island. This route provides an immense array of natures most lavish scenery. The rich fertile valleys of Scottsdale and Derby, rugged alpine areas near Pyengana, beautiful george Bay at St. Helens are in themselves a sheer delight.
Lovely beaches, quiet lagoons, rugged granite peaks of Coles Bay and Bicheno, restful Swansea and Triabunna, vie with may other picturesque parts of this lovely coastline.
Excellent fishing, swimming, hiking and boating are easily available. Relics of the early pioneer days are readily found in many parts of the coast."

Nucolorvue Productions

Glen Gala House: brick house, croquet lawn

Photograph of Glen Gala House at Cranbrook. Adam Amos arrived in March 1821 in the Emerald along with George Meredith, and was advised to look for land on the unsettled east coast. Adam's capital entitled him to a grant of 1000 acres (405 ha) which he located on the Swan River at Cranbrook, and called Gala. Glen Gala is a two storey brick Victorian Georgian house constructed in 1860 on the original grant to Adam Amos

George Musgrave Parker

Apslawn House

Photograph of front view of Apslawn House. A sandstone Georgian house built in the 1840's on 640 acres of land granted to John Lyne, MHA for Glamorgan ,1843-1865. Located on the Tasman Highway, Apslawn, 13km south-west of Bicheno.

George Musgrave Parker

Apslawn House

Photograph of side view of Apslawn House. A sandstone Georgian house built in the 1840's on 640 acres of land granted to John Lyne, MHA for Glamorgan ,1843-1865. Located on the Tasman Highway, Apslawn, 13km south-west of Bicheno.

George Musgrave Parker

On the steps of Buckland church

Colour photograph of two people standing on steps of St John the Baptist Church at Buckland, a sandstone church built in the 1840s; with headstones and flowering plants in foreground.

Hal Wyatt

Harbottle's cottage at Swansea

Postcard produced by Swansea photographer, Miss F.M. Kennedy, (c1880-c1950s) of titled Harbottle's at Swansea, Tasmania.
This Cottage has also been know as Harbottle's Cottage and Caulfield Cottage. This single storey, sandstone rubble building with a corrugated iron hipped roof was listed by the National Trust in 1976 as it demonstrated the principal characteristics of a single storey, sandstone Victorian Georgian domestic building . Located at 45 Shaw Street, Swansea, Tasmania

George Musgrave Parker

Bluff Cottage, formerly known as Harbottle's Cottage and Caulfield Cottage

Photograph of Bluff Cottage, formerly known as Harbottle's Cottage and Caulfield Cottage. This single storey, sandstone rubble building with a corrugated iron hipped roof was listed by the National Trust in 1976 as it demonstrated the principal characteristics of a single storey, sandstone Victorian Georgian domestic building . Located at 45 Shaw Street, Swansea, Tasmania

George Musgrave Parker