Mostrar 140 resultados

Descrição arquivística
Sub-item Com objeto digital
Previsualizar a impressão Ver:

Postcards

Three black and white postcards of Askrigg, Yorkshire, England (probably c1910-1920)

Pin holder

Cloth and cardboard pin holder in envelope with note "Made by Sarah Benson Walker"

Affectionate remembrance of Sarah Benson Mather

Mourning card and printed texts for Sarah Benson Mather, second daughter of R. Andrew and Ann Mather, who died in Hobart Town, on the 12th of 3rd month ,1875 aged 28 years and 10 months. Sarah Benson Mather passed away in the early morning, just as the cocks began to crow. The text which heads these verses was deeply impressed on the minds around her.

All Saints Church Macquarie Street

Photograph of All Saints Church, Macquarie Street, Hobart c. 1880 by Anson Brothers, Portrait and Landscape Photographers, Hobart Town, whose firm was located in Liverpool, Collins and Elizabeth Streets between 1878 and 1891.

Anson Brothers

Macquarie Street, Hobart from Mercury Office

Photograph of north Macquarie Street from the Mercury office (with verandah) corner Macquarie and Argyle Street. Showing the Hobart Town Hall, Franklin Square and the Treasury buildings. Photographed byy Anson Brothers whose firm was located in Liverpool, Collins and Elizabeth Streets. Taken before September 25 1866, as this is the date of the grand opening of the Town Hall, shown on the left-hand side of the photograph

Anson Brothers

Waterloo House

Photograph of Waterloo House on the corner of Murray and Davey Streets, Hobart, Tasmania in 1880. The photographers were Anson Brothers whose firm was located in Liverpool, Collins and Elizabeth Streets between 1878 and 1891.

Anson Brothers

Webb's Hotel

Photograph of Webb's Hotel, later Hadley's, Murray Street, Hobart, in about 1877. The photographer was Henry Hall Baily who had studios in Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets, Hobart, from 1865 until 1918.

Henry Hall Baily

Launceston from beyond Cataract Bridge

Photograph of Launceston, Tasmania, from beyond the Cataract Bridge in about 1881. The photographer was Alfred Winter who had studios in Bathurst, Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets, Hobart, from 1869 until 1891.

Alfred Winter

On the banks of the Tamar River

Photograph of a family on the banks of the Tamar River, Launceston. The photographer was William Cawston who had studios in Paterson and St. John Streets, Launceston from 1863-1891.

William Cawston

River Tamar from Cataract Hill

Photograph of the River Tamar in Launceston from Cataract Hill. The photographers were Anson Brothers who had studios in Liverpool, Collins and Elizabeth Streets, Hobart, between 1878 and 1891.

Anson Brothers

Wood's huts

Photograph of Wood's huts at the Springs, Mount Wellington, in 1870 with old couple and younger gentleman and boy sitting outside. On the reverse of the photo post card 'Do you remember them. Huts and old Mr. and Mrs. Wood'.

New Norfolk

Photograph of New Norfolk, Tasmania from the opposite side of the river. Showing the town and bridge.

Henry Hall Baily

Mt. Gould & Du Cane Range

Photograph of Mt. Gould and the DuCane Range from Narcissus Valley, Lake St. Clair taken from camp on the left hand side of Narcissus Valley going up (according to notes on the reverse of the photograph).

Port Arthur from behind the church and doctor's house

Photograph of the settlement of Port Arthur from behind the church and Doctor's house c. 1880. View of vegetable gardens in foreground. The photographers are Anson Brothers., Portrait and Landscape Photographers, Hobart Town whose firm was located in Liverpool, Collins and Elizabeth Streets between 1878 and 1891.

Henry Hall Baily

Government House from the Domain

Vignette photograph of Government House, Hobart, Tasmania taken from the Domain in about 1880. Showing gentleman in a bowler hat sitting on mound.

View from the roof of Government House

Photograph of ships on the Derwent River taken from the roof of Government House, Hobart, Tasmania in 1882. The photographer was Henry Hall Baily who had studios in Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets, Hobart from 1865 until 1918.

Henry Hall Baily

Government House from the Queen's Domain

Photograph of Government House, Hobart taken from the Queen's Domain, c. 1890s. A note on the reverse says 'after railway'. The photographer was Henry Hall Baily who had studios in Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets, Hobart from 1865 until 1918.

Henry Hall Baily

View from Government House

Photograph of view from Government House looking over a vegetable garden and orchard which could either be in the Government House or Botanical Gardens grounds with the River Derwent and Mt. Direction in the background.

Cascades' Female Factory from the hill

Photograph of the Cascades' Female Factory looking down the South Hobart Valley toward the Derwent River. Showing yards and gardens. In 1828 a Female Factory opened on the outskirts of Hobart at Cascades. It became the colony's largest Factory, expanding by 1853 into five major courtyards accommodating 1000 women and 175 children. The photographer was J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studios were in Elizabeth and Murray Streets between 1891 and 1940

John Watt Beattie

Cascades' Female Factory from the rear

Photograph of the Cascades' Female Factory from the rear showing yards with washing and horse. In 1828 a Female Factory opened on the outskirts of Hobart at Cascades. It became the colony's largest Factory, expanding by 1853 into five major courtyards accommodating 1000 women and 175 children. The photographer was J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studios were in Elizabeth and Murray Streets between 1891 and 1940

John Watt Beattie

Campbell & Minchin

Lantern slide of Campbell and Minchin building, corner Elizabeth and Bathurst street, Hobart. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

St. John's Church Goulburn Street

Photograph of St. John's Church Goulburn Street, Hobart taken c1880 the photographers were Anson brothers whose firm was located in Liverpool, Collins and Elizabeth Streets between 1878 and 1891

Anson Brothers

Old St. David's Cathedral

Photograph of Macquarie Street, Hobart looking east towards Elizabeth Street from the Civil Court in about 1880. The photographer was Alfred Winter who had studios in Bathurst, Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets from 1869 until 1880.

Alfred Winter

Bank of Australasia and Macquarie House

Photograph of Macquarie Street, Hobart looking south in about 1870. The Bank of Australasia and Macquarie House are two of the buildings featured. The photographer is Henry Hall Baily who had studios in Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets between 1865 and 1918.

Henry Hall Baily

Commercial Bank

Photograph of Macquarie Street, Hobart looking south from the corner of Elizabeth Street c. 1870. Some of Franklin Square on left Commercial Bank on right. The photographers were Anson Brothers whose firm was located in Liverpool, Collins and Elizabeth Streets between 1878 and 1891.

Anson Brothers

Commercial Bank

Photograph of the Commercial Bank, Macquarie Street, Hobart looking south from the corner of Elizabeth Street in c1877 after old St. Davids Cathedral was pulled down. The photograph is attributed to Henry Hall Baily who had studios in Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets Hobart from 1865 until 1918.

Henry Hall Baily

Tasmanian Temperance Alliance

Photograph of the first Tasmanian Temperance Alliance building, Macquarie Street Hobart

Henry Hall Baily

Buildings on the corner of Macquarie and Murray Streets

Photograph of buildings on corner of Macquarie and Murray Streets, Hobart c. 1877. Photographed by Henry Hall Baily who had studios in Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets, Hobart from 1865 until 1918.

Henry Hall Baily

Perkins and Nephew Wholesale & Retail Drapers and Grocers

Photograph of the Emporium of Perkins and Nephew Wholesale & Retail Drapers and Grocers established in 1826, situated on the corner of Watchorn and Liverpool Street Hobart, taken in 1881. The photographers were Anson Brothers Portrait and Landscape Photographers Hobart Town whose firm was located in Liverpool, Collins and Elizabeth Streets between 1878 and 1891.

Murray Street with horse drawn carriages

Photograph of Murray Street, Hobart in 1881 with a row of horse drawn carriages outside the Hobart Savings Bank, Masonic Temple and the Derwent and Tamar Buildings with Webb's hotel (later Hadley's Orient Hotel) in the distance.

Ship Inn

Photograph of the Ship Inn on the corner of Elizabeth and Collins Streets, Hobart in about 1881. The photographer is Alfred Winter who had studios in Bathurst, Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets from 1869 until 1891.

Cataract Bridge and Launceston

Photograph of Launceston, Tasmania from beyond the Cataract Bridge. The photographers were Anson Brothers who had studios in Liverpool, Collins and Elizabeth Streets, Hobart, between 1878 and 1891.

Anson Brothers

Public Buildings Launceston

Photograph of the Public Buildings in Launceston, Tasmania. The Criterion Hotel is in the background. The photographers were Anson Brothers who had studios in Liverpool, Collins and Elizabeth Streets, Hobart, between 1878 and 1891.

Anson Brothers

Rocks on Mount Wellington

Photograph rocks on Mount Wellington. The photographer was Albert Sargeant who had studios in Macquarie Street, Hobart and George Street, Launceston between 1886 and 1913.

Albert Sargeant

Derwent River above New Norfolk

Photograph of the Derwent River above New Norfolk, Tasmania, 1882. The photographer was Henry Hall Baily who had studios in Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets, Hobart from 1865 until 1918.

Henry Hall Baily

New Norfolk

Photograph of New Norfolk, Tasmania, c. 1880 from the opposite side of the River Derwent. The photographer was Alfred Winter who had studios in Bathurst, Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets from 1869 until 1891.

Alfred Winter

Maatsuyker Lighthouse

Photograph of the lighthouse on Maatsuyker Island, Tasmania, taken on the day of the opening of the lighthouse in 1891

Commandant's house and jetties at Port Arthur

Photograph of the commandant's house and jetties, Port Arthur c. 1880. The photographers are Anson Brothers., Portrait and Landscape Photographers, Hobart Town whose firm was located in Liverpool, Collins and Elizabeth Streets between 1878 and 1891.

Anson Brothers

Port Arthur

Thought to be a photograph of dwellings at Port Arthur

Waterfall Bay to Cape Huay

Panorama from Waterfall Bay to Cape Huay on the Tasman Peninsula. The photographer is John Watt Beattie.

John Watt Beattie

Government House from the shipyards

Photograph of Government House, Hobart, Tasmania in about 1870. Showing the shipyard in the foreground and Mount Direction behind.. The photographer was Henry Hall Baily who had studios in Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets, Hobart from 1865 until 1918.

Henry Hall Baily

Government House from the bay

Photograph of Government House Hobart taken from the bay below the Queen's Domain, c.1890s. The photographer was Henry Hall Baily who had studios in Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets, Hobart from 1865 until 1918.

Henry Hall Baily

Sullivans Cove and Hunter Island

Photograph of Sullivans Cove and Hunter Island taken from the eastern end of Salamanca with garden in the foreground and two ships alongside the wharf. c.1880

Hobart waterfront

View of Hobart waterfront c.1880 showing docks, carts, ships at anchor and woodyard

Sullivans Cove, taken from HMS Nelson

Photograph of a ship with Sullivans Cove and Mount Wellington in the background taken from HMS Nelson in 1882. The photographer is Henry Hall Baily who had studios in Elizabeth and Liverpool streets Hobart from 1865 until 1918.

Henry Hall Baily

Franklin Square

Photograph of Franklin Square Hobart was taken by the Anson Brothers photographers, whose firm was located in Liverpool, Collins and Elizabeth Streets between 1878 and 1891.

Anson Brothers

Plan of early Hobart Town

Lantern slide of Campbell and Minchin building, Elizabeth street, Hobart. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Diaries of Jorgen Jorgensen

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC M11-3-2
  • Sub-item
  • 1826-1827
  • Parte de Meston Papers

Copies of diaries of Jorgen Jorgensen, including Journey to Ouse Plateau, Repat of Jorgensen to V.D.L. Co. on route between Hobart and Circular Head, and Journal kept while exploring from Circular Head to the Pieman River, 1826-7.

Archibald Lawrence Meston

Cascades' Female Factory

Photograph of the Cascades' Female Factory looking toward Mt Wellington with the Cascade Brewery in the distance. In 1828 a Female Factory opened on the outskirts of Hobart at Cascades. It became the colony's largest Factory, expanding by 1853 into five major courtyards accommodating 1000 women and 175 children. The photographer was J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studios were in Elizabeth and Murray Streets between 1891 and 1940

John Watt Beattie

Franklin Square and Hobart waterfront

Photograph from the collection of James Backhouse Walker of Franklin Square and the Hobart waterfront taken in about 1870 possibly from St. David's Cathedral according to a note on the reverse. The photographer is Henry Hall Baily who had studios in Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets Hobart from 1865 until 1918.

Henry Hall Baily

Wedding cards in envelope

Two wedding cards with decorative scalloped edges attached together with metallic beaded clip, one smaller, inscribed Mrs D.F. Jobson and D.F. Jobson in a silver embossed envelope with decorative seal addressed Mr & Mrs G.W. Walker

Mourning card Isabella Mather

Mourning card constructed from heavy card-stock, and made up of an intricate formal design that is cut and embossed. Black margin surrounding card and envelope. Also black bordered printed insert “Lines on the death of Isabella, the beloved wife of Mr John Mather, and second daughter of Mr Abraham Biggs, who departed this life on the 14th June, 1863 aged 30 years and 9 monthe. Her end was peace.

In memoriam Hannah Maria Benson

Folded memorial card with black margins. In loving memory of Hannah Maria, widow of the rev. Samuel Benson M.A. Chaplin of St. Saviour’s Southwark who died February 18th, 1882 aged 73 years. Interred at Norwood Cemetery, grave number 18495

The Bank of Van Diemen's Land and Hobart Town Hotel

Photograph of Macquarie Street Hobart, looking west in about 1870. The Bank of Van Diemen's Land and Hobart Town Hotel are in the foreground. The photographer is Henry Hall Baily who had studios in Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets between 1865 and 1918.

Henry Hall Baily

St. Joseph's Catholic Church

Photograph of Macquarie Street, Hobart looking east from St. Joseph's Catholic Church, c. 1870.

Henry Hall Baily

Murray Street, above Liverpool Street intersection

Photograph of Murray Street, taken from above the Liverpool Street intersection, Hobart, in about 1880. Webb's Hotel and Alexander McGregor's house, Lenna, are visible in the distance. Also shows Bishopsbourne Photographic studo; Ready & Mulcahy Drapers & Clothiers; Head and Plowman Baby Linen Warehouse Millinery & Underclothing ; Burgess & Barrett Provision merchants, Tea Dealers ; Bidencope Tailor & Hatter; J. Roberts Billiard & Coffee Saloon

Westella

Photograph of Elizabeth Street, Hobart, looking towards the harbour with Westella and the Memorial Congregational Church in the foreground. Taken prior to The photographer was Alfred Winter who had studios in Bathurst, Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets from 1869 until 1891.

Alfred Winter

Port Arthur church and Penitentiary

Photograph of Port Arthur church and Penitentiary with view of Mt. Arthur in the distance. The photographers were Anson Brothers., Portrait and Landscape Photographers, Hobart Town whose firm was located in Liverpool, Collins and Elizabeth Streets between 1878 and 1891.

Anson Brothers

Port Arthur Penitentiary

Photograph of Port Arthur Penitentiary c. 1880. The photographers are Anson Brothers., Portrait and Landscape Photographers, Hobart Town whose firm was located in Liverpool, Collins and Elizabeth Streets between 1878 and 1891

Anson Brothers

Eaglehawk Neck

Photograph of Eaglehawk Neck. The photographers are Anson Brothers., Portrait and Landscape Photographers, Hobart Town whose firm was located in Liverpool, Collins and Elizabeth Streets between 1878 and 1891.

Anson Brothers

Ships and Salamanca warehouses

Photograph from the collection of James Backhouse Walker of the Hobart waterfront taken in about 1870 with a view of ships moored next to the Salamanca warehouses. The photographer is Henry Hall Baily who had studios in Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets, Hobart, from 1865 until 1918.

Henry Hall Baily

Salamanca and Hobart waterfront

Photograph of Hobart waterfront - Salamanca looking towards Customs House. Could be around 1870. Photograph appears to have been taken in front of the warehouses near the wharf with ships alongside and a shingle roofed wooden building in the foreground.

Sullivans Cove from Battery Point

Photograph taken from Battery Point of Sullivans Cove. Taken from a garden with fountain in the foreground. Dated about 1876 and taken by photographer Henry Hall Baily who had studios in Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets, Hobart from 1865 until 1918.

Plan of early Hobart Town

Lantern Slide of plan of early Hobart Town, from a survey done in 1804-1805, showing later alterations. The plan also appears in James Backhouse Walker's paper 'The Founding of Hobart, by Lieut.-Governor Collins' read to the Royal Society of Tasmania 14/10/1889. In this he describes the plan, "I am indebted to my friend Mr. Mault for a beautifully executed plan, which shows very clearly the original features of the ground, and the position of the first camp, and also indicates the alterations which have since taken place. It is taken from a survey made by Surveyor-General Harris in 1804-5. The original plan was discovered many years ago in the Lands Office at Sydney, and was presented by the New South Wales Government to our Lands Department. The Deputy- Commissioner of Crown Lands, Mr. Albert Reid, kindly presented me with a tracing of it."
Lantern slide thought to have been prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were in Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle Arcade, Hobart, until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Captain Kelly's house

Lantern slide of Captain Kelly's house, Hobart, Tasmania. Thought to have been prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were in Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle Arcade, Hobart, until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Old St. David's Cathedral

Photograph of old St. David's Cathedral on the corner of Macquarie and Murray Streets, Hobart c. 1870.

John Watt Beattie

Bush Hotel, New Norfolk

Photograph of the Bush Hotel, New Norfolk, Tasmania, 1881. Proprietor at the time was Captain Blockey. The photographer was Alfred Winter who had studios in Bathurst, Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets from 1869 until 1891.

Alfred Winter

Wedding cards

Two wedding cards, one smaller, inscribed Mr & Mrs W.E. Shoobridge in envelope addressed Mrs Walker. On verso of envelope flap written nee Annie B Mather.

Resultados 1 a 100 de 140