Mostrando 102 resultados

Descripción archivística
University Collection : University of Tasmania Library Special and Rare Collections Imagen Con objetos digitales
Imprimir vista previa Ver :

Tasmanian University team

Group photograph of the Tasmanian University team winners of the Australian Universities Rifle match, Hobart 1934. Named : D.G. Rockliff, J.J. Graham, P.C. Tapping, T.L. Malone, H.M Nicholls, M.M. Bruce, D.J. Barclay, M.W. Woods (Captain), S.M....

McDonell Watkyn Woods

Group at the Springs

Group photograph of team members and others taken at the Springs, Mt. Wellington, Hobart during the 1934 Australian Universities Rifle Match

McDonell Watkyn Woods

University Blazer : Rifle Club

T.U. Rifle Club blue badge (T.U.R.C. under crossed rifles) and A.U.S.A (Australian Universities Sport Association).Blazer was made by Smale Bros. Tailors, Hobart, unlined, with cloth buttons.It is not known when the Union first adopted a sports bl...

Donald George Rockcliff

T.U. Rifle Club hat

Trooper style hat with University colours banded round. Also separate band in blue with rose and primrose stripe. See photos UT367/1 (the team are shown wearing such hats in 1932 but not 1930)

Donald George Rockcliff

Schiller 150th Anniversary

Silver medal commemorating 150th Anniversary of the Death of Friedrich von Schiller 1955. Engraved by Alfons Feuerle. Minted in Stuttgart, Germany.Obverse Lettering: BUNDESREPUBLIK DEUTSCHLAND 5 DEUTSCHE MARK FReverse Lettering: FRIEDRICH VO...

Alfons Feuerle

Physics Building

Photograph showing early groundworks for the Physics Building on the University Campus at Sandy Bay. Morris Miller Library and Engineering Building in the background.

University of Tasmania

Staff of the Commerce Department

Black and white mounted photograph of University of Tasmania Commerce Department staff taken in 1938. Left to right: Miss Jeanette Audrey Cox (Clerk 1932-1939), Ken M Dallas, D. L Anderson and Professor F.R.E. Mauldron (front).

University of Tasmania

Library workroom

One small black and white photograph of Library workroom at Domain House taken in November 1960. Staff identified as M. McClymont, Dr. Wojtowitz, Mr S. Flood

University of Tasmania

Library entrance

Photograph of the entrance area and cloakroom of the Library, Domain, House.

University of Tasmania

William Henry Williams

In 1894 William Henry Williams became a lecturer and in 1896 the foundation professor of Classics and English Literature at the newly established University of Tasmania. He occupied the chair until his retirement in 1925. During part of that time ...

University of Tasmania

The Royal Society of Tasmania Medal

Cast bronze medal produced by The Royal Society of Tasmania in 1988 to commemorate the Joseph Banks Memorial Lecture. It features a bust of Banks on one side, the H.M.S. 'Beagle' under sail, a banksia and a lizard on the other. It is nu...

Stephen Walker

Geology-Geography Building

Photograph taken from the gates at Earle Street showing front view of the Geology-Geography Building under construction on the University Campus at Sandy Bay. Engineering Building in the background.

University of Tasmania

Annual Commemoration 1896

Photographic except taken from the Tasmanian Mail, 16 January 1897 showing graduating students : Mr W.A. Roberts (LLB), Mr W.J.T. Stops (LLB), Mr Herbert Nicholls (LLB), Mr J.H. Keating (LLB), Miss E.H Wilson, first lady graduate (BA) and Lieute...

University of Tasmania

Tasmanian University Graduates 1929

Photographic except taken from the Illustrated Tasmanian Mail, 22 May, 1929 - Tasmanian University Graduates . Miss M.L. Andrew (B.A.), Dr H.T. Postle (M.A., LL.D Melbourne) on whom was conferred the degree of LL.D (Tas) ad eundem, Mr G.L. Ife (...

University of Tasmania

Professors and candidates for degrees 1923

Photographic except taken from the Illustrated Tasmanian Mail, 19 April, 1923 - Photographs of Professors and candidates for degrees 1923. Professor Williams, Professor McAulay, Professor Dunbabin, Professor McDougall, Professor Copland, Profess...

University of Tasmania

Library Staff 1956

One small black and white photograph of Library staff taken outside the entrance to Domain House, Christmas 1956.

University of Tasmania

Microfilm reader

Photograph of a microfilm reader in the University library at Domain House

University of Tasmania

Main reading area

Photograph of the main reading area of the University library at Domain House

University of Tasmania

Tasmanian and Sydney teams

Group photograph of Tasmanian and Sydney teams at the Australian Universities match Melbourne, 1932. Photo mounted and signed.

McDonell Watkyn Woods

Hobart and Suburban Cup

Group photograph of the T.U.R.C. team, winners of the Hobart and Suburban Cup. Photograph signed and dated 11 March, 1933.

McDonell Watkyn Woods

The University of Glasgow

Medal commemorating The University of Glasgow 1451 - 1951Obverse description: Glasgow University arms, inscription above: UNIV. GLASG. MCCCCLI - MDCCCCLIReverse description: head of Pope crowned. Legend round: NICOLAUS PONT, MAX. UNIV. GLASG. COND...

University Badge

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC UT365
  • Colección
  • c1932

This badge, a smaller version of the cloth badge was probably a badge of the Tasmania University Union, and is based on the official Common Seal of the University, omitting the star and rose and the inscription, with the addition of a punning mott...

University of Tasmania Library

Arts Building

Photograph showing the driving of steel piles during the initial stages of construction of the Arts Building on the University Campus at Sandy Bay

University of Tasmania

Loans desk

Photograph of the Librarian, D H Borchardt at Loans desk with Mrs Kemp 1960

University of Tasmania

Main reading area

Photograph of the main reading area of the Library, Domain, House . Taken in November 1960 showing students working at desks. Honour board on wall.

University of Tasmania

Library workroom

One small black and white photograph of Library workroom at Domain House taken in November 1960. Staff identified as J. Reynolds

University of Tasmania

Staff with Japanese Visitor

Staff with Japanese visitor (front left) taken in front of the main entrance to Domain House, named around photograph N.E. Lewis, W.H. Williams, D.G. McDougall, Herman Ritz, H.C Kingsmill, James Cruickshank, R.L. Dunbabin, F.M. Johnstone, Loftus H...

University of Tasmania

Students Representative Council photograph

Photograph of the University of Tasmania Students Representative Council 1933(?) taken on the steps of Domain House, Hobart.Back: S. M. Seares, G.A. McKay, G.E. Hodgson, Brenda Oldmeadow, D.E. Webster, D. Hughes, N.E. Murray; Front: N. Welbrook, J...

Tasmania University Union

Inter-varsity rifle match

Group photograph of Inter-varsity rifle match, Liverpool, New South Wales. Named and signed. P.C. Tapping, D.J. Barclay, D.E. Webster, M.W. Woods ( Vice Captain), D.G. Rockliff, B.B. Smith, J.A. Jillett (Captain) and S.M. Seares.

McDonell Watkyn Woods

Australian Universities rifle match

Group photograph of Australian Universities rifle match, Hobart 1934. Tasmanian team and emergencies. Named : D.G. Rockliff, J.J. Graham, P.C. Tapping, T.L. Malone, H.M Nicholls, M.M. Bruce, D.J. Barclay, M.W. Woods (Captain), S.M. Seares, and...

McDonell Watkyn Woods

University Blazer

University of Tasmania blazer, oxford blue with rose and primrose stripes with badge of open book (pre-1937 badge from old University seal). Blazers were made by Smale Bros. Tailors, Hobart, unlined, with cloth buttons.

Donald George Rockcliff

Tasmania 150th Anniversary

Medal comemorating the Tasmania's 150th Anniversary 1952-4Silver alloy, 69 mm diameter in plastic case.Obverse description: Tasmanian Arms, 1803-05 at top, 1953-54 below. Legend round: Tasmania commemorates the 150th Anniversary ...

United States Military Academy

Medal commemorating United States Military Academy 1802 - 1952Obverse description : Arms of U.S. Military Academy.Reverse description .: Torch of learning, laurel and sword.Legend: United States Military Academy 1802-1952 Sesquicentennial.Also inc...

University Staff & Students 1908

Sepia mounted photograph of staff and students taken in front of the main entrance to Domain House, 1908. Named on back -Back: G.F. Lovett, C.T. Butler, C.S.W. Rayner, Alan BurnMiddle: E. Jeffrey, S.L. Hughes, Beatrice Beedham, Sarah Dunbabin, F.M...

University of Tasmania

University Council and Staff

Black and white mounted photograph of University Council members and staff taken in 1924 at the entrance to Domain House.Back :Dr. A. L. McAulay, Mr. H.P. Tuck, Mr. C. Malthus, Professor J.B. Brigden, Mr. J. A. Johnson, Professor Burn, Professor C...

University of Tasmania

Recipients of Degrees at Commemoration

Photographic except taken from the Illustrated Tasmanian Mail, 22 May, 1929 - Recipients of University of Tasmania Degrees at Commemoration, Mr A.K. Fulton (B.A), Mr T. Hytten (MA), Miss F. Stops (B.A), Mr D.S. Smith (B.E), Miss Y.I. Guilbert (B...

University of Tasmania

Loans desk

Photograph of the Librarian, D H Borchardt at Loans desk with Mrs Kemp 1960

University of Tasmania

Resultados 1 a 100 de 102