Showing 77 results

Archival description
Central Highlands Tasmania With digital objects
Print preview View:

Apsley house

Photograph of Apsley House. Originally a single storey sandstone Georgian house built in the 1840's on land granted to John Lyne who was MHA for Glamorgan in the period 1843-1865. Small kodak prints. ?G.M.P photographer thought to be taken ...

George Musgrave Parker

Apsley Log Cabin

Photograph of Apsley original log cabin dating from 1826 on the property granted to William Lyne by Governor Arthur on order from Lord Apsley, eldest son of Lord Bathurst. Copy made by J.W. Beattie of an original of J. Lyne

George Musgrave Parker

Buildings at Tarraleah

Colour photograph shows red Holden Kingswood parked outside buildings at Tarraleah in March 1983, including the TAB office, fuel station and former school, with garden bed of blooming roses and annuals

Clifton Priory atop Barrack Hill, Bothwell

Colour photograph of Clifton Priory, Bothwell. National heritage register citation is as follows: “Two storey stone Tudor Gothic house built in 1847-8 by Rev. Robert Wilson from public subscription. Wilson caused a scandal when he ran into financi...

Former Bridge Hotel at Ouse

Colour landscape photograph shows exterior of derelict Bridge Hotel at Ouse, situated in the crook of the Ouse River, a sandstone, weatherboard and tin structure, with windows boarded up

Former Crown Inn at Bothwell

Colour photograph shows former Crown Inn at 15 Alexander Street, Bothwell, with distinctive colour crown insignia above first-storey veranda and coloured light globes mounted along balcony