Mostrando 7485 resultados

Descripción archivística
Con objetos digitales
Imprimir vista previa Ver :

Mt Solitary and Lake Pedder

Colour photograph taken from elevated mountain ridge, shows valley floor looking west to Mount Solitary and original shoreline of Lake Pedder

Riding ski tow 1959

Colour photograph shows snow skiers on Mount Mawson, one using a tow rope to climb uphill

Signs at entrance to Mount Field National Park

Colour photograph shows signs posted at entrance of Mount Field National Park, with distances and estimated travel times to Lake Dobson (9 1/4 miles), Lake Fenton (7 1/4 miles), Lady Barron Falls (1 1/2 mile), Camping Ground (250 yds), Rangers Cottage (150 Yds), Russell Falls 1/2 MILE 10 MIN, Lady Barron Falls Round Trip 3 1/2 MILES 1H 45 MIN

Marker on South Gordon walking track

Colour photograph shows unusual sign for South Gordon walking track turnoff, fashioned out of number plates, with three backpacks resting on ground nearby

Rails in the forest

Colour photograph shows rusted International Harvester locomotive on disused rails covered with bracken in a semi-cleared area of land

View of Clifton Priory and powerlines across front lawn

Colour photograph of Clifton Priory, Bothwell, showing powerlines across front lawn below hedge. National heritage register citation is as follows: “Two storey stone Tudor Gothic house built in 1847-8 by Rev. Robert Wilson from public subscription. Wilson caused a scandal when he ran into financial difficulties and sold it owing a considerable sum. The house is magnificently sited on Barrack Hill from where it enjoys fine views of Bothwell, the Clyde River and surrounding countryside.”

Former Coffee Palace, doctor’s surgery and hotel at Bothwell

Colour photograph of former coffee palace, hotel and doctor’s surgery at 90 Dalrymple Street Bothwell. Citation on National heritage register: “A two storey brick and stucco Georgian building with a stone rear section, licensed as the Young Queen from 1851-1877 when the name was changed to Maskell's Hotel. The building appears in a book on Colonial architecture by Hardy Wilson with a crinolined lady at the doorway with luggage and bird cage. The building is an important townscape element.”

Buildings at Tarraleah

Colour photograph shows red Holden Kingswood parked outside buildings at Tarraleah in March 1983, including the TAB office, fuel station and former school, with garden bed of blooming roses and annuals

Historic house

Photograph of two-storey rendered house, Georgian in style, with trees, lawn and flower garden at front, behind fence with old lichen-covered fenceposts, strands of rusty barbed wire and wire mesh.

Graeme Raphael

Hop growers

Black and white photograph of men in shirtsleeves, wearing hats, standing in a field of hops.

Graeme Raphael

Drysdale Collection

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC D10
  • Colección
  • 1954-1971

Material relating to the Tasmanian lottery, the origins of the Drysdales of Dollar and note of interview with Drysdale's daughter

Arthur James Drysdale

Photograph of John Earle's birthplace

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC E4-10
  • Unidad documental simple
  • n.d.
  • Parte deEarle Collection

Black and white photographic print of a small stone house at Bridgewater, Tasmania. Endorsed "J. Earle's birthplace"

John Earle

Degree of Associate of Arts

Diploma of degree of Associate of Arts awarded to Henry Lewis Garrett of Hobart Town, who passed in English, Latin(with credit and prize) Greek, French (with credit) and pure mathematics and was placed in the second class Signed by H. Officer, president of the Tasmanian Council of Education. Diploma has decorative border of oak leaves and acorns designed by Henry Hunter and engraved by Alfred Bock.

Henry Lewis Garrett

Andrew Gatenby : Militia substitute certificate

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC G7
  • Colección
  • 1814

Militia substitute certificate dated December 1814. Certificate of enrolment of substitute to serve in place of A. Gatenby, Appleton le Moors, North Riding of Yorkshire, namely Robert Graystock, wheelwright. Until the 19th century militia units were used in home defence and maintaining law and order in vulnerable locations such as Ireland and the south coast of England. Militia units did not have to serve overseas, but they were seen as a useful reserve of trained men. Bounties were offered to militiamen who exchanged into the regular Army for overseas service.
Many of the men serving in the militia were substitutes serving on behalf of those whose names had been drawn in the county ballot. These substitutes often made a charge for taking over the duties. When the militia was fully embodied on a permanent footing during periods of war, a higher figure could be demanded and obtained. The regiment benefited by receiving experienced soldiers instead of raw recruits.

.

Andrew Gatenby

Dead horses on the beach

Black and white photograph showing dead horses on the beach. Photo caption says Beachey [Beachy] Bill's work, Anzac. "Beachy Bill" was the collective nickname given to a battery of Turkish guns located in a position known as the "Olive Grove". The guns were constantly seeking out targets on the beach at Anzac Cove, thus the nickname.

Domain House Library

Black and white, 35mm slide of the first library at Domain House, located in the Great Hall, c 1905. Registrar, JHR Cruickshank stands in doorway with students

Sarah Dunbabin

Black and white 35mm slides of Sarah Dunbabin an early graduate of the University of Tasmania. B.A. March 1909 & M.A. April 1912. One of 11 chidren of Thomas Dunbabin, farmer, and his wife Sarah Ada, née Murdoch of Marchwiel, Bream Creek. Prior to entering university she won prizes for English, Latin, History & German and a scholarship to the University.

On the love of our country

Manuscript of sermon preached by Rev. Knopwood entitles "On the love of our country"
Preached before the Honble Allen Hyde Gardner Cap HM ship Resolution of [illegible] – June 1801, Camp Sullivan Cove Van Diemen’s Land May 13 - 1804
137 Psalm – 5 verse If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning.

Robert Knopwood

A "condemned" sermon

Manuscript of sermon preached by Rev. Knopwood entitled “ A Condemned Sermon, Repentance and Conversion” 27th April 1821

Robert Knopwood

Table Mountain from Interlaken

Colour photograph shows cattle grazing in paddock near Interlaken, with flat-topped mountain in the distance

Arthur Knight

Geology-Geography Building

Photograph taken from the gates at Earle Street showing front view of the Geology-Geography Building under construction on the University Campus at Sandy Bay. Engineering Building in the background.

University of Tasmania

Group at the Springs

Group photograph of team members and others taken at the Springs, Mt. Wellington, Hobart during the 1934 Australian Universities Rifle Match

McDonell Watkyn Woods

The University of Glasgow

Medal commemorating The University of Glasgow 1451 - 1951

Obverse description: Glasgow University arms, inscription above: UNIV. GLASG. MCCCCLI - MDCCCCLI
Reverse description: head of Pope crowned. Legend round: NICOLAUS PONT, MAX. UNIV. GLASG. CONDIT. A.D. VII 10 JAN. A.S. MCCCCLI

United States Military Academy

Medal commemorating United States Military Academy 1802 - 1952

Obverse description : Arms of U.S. Military Academy.
Reverse description .: Torch of learning, laurel and sword.
Legend: United States Military Academy 1802-1952 Sesquicentennial.
Also included in case is a descriptive leaflet.

University Badge

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC UT365
  • Colección
  • c1932

This badge, a smaller version of the cloth badge was probably a badge of the Tasmania University Union, and is based on the official Common Seal of the University, omitting the star and rose and the inscription, with the addition of a punning motto IN UNITATEM UNI.TAS, it also appears on the TUU magazine Platypus and may have been adopted in the 1920’s when the Union first sent teams to Inter-Varsity sports.
In April 1932 it was reported in Togatus that estimates had been received by the S.R.C. from a Melbourne firm for metal badges – ‘Mr Michells considered the Union did not need metal badges and would not be able to dispose of them. But Mr Smith’s motion that a hundred badges should be purchased at 1/6d was carried.”

University of Tasmania Library

Receipt

Receipted account for 1 guinea paid to W.J. Ring for tuition of Master Ralph. Dated 1830

John Terry

Diploma of degree of Associate of Arts

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC R11
  • Colección
  • 1878

Diploma of degree of Associate of Arts, awarded to Mary Friend Whitney Canaway of Hobart, by the Tasmanian Council of Education dated 17th October 1878. Includes wafer seal. Examined and passed in the following subjects. English with credit, French with credit, German, Italian with credit and Mathematics with credit. Mary Friend Whitney Canaway has been awarded the Councils first prize for English and the Councils first prize for Italian. Diploma has decorative border of oak leaves and acorns designed by Henry Hunter and engraved by Alfred Bock.

Mary Friend Whitney Canaway

Resultados 101 a 200 de 7485