Image contains text identifying the subject and also 'copyright'. Originally taken from a postcard published in the weeks following the 1912 North Mount Lyell mine disaster. Image shows overhead view of people milling around the mine entrance.
Image centres on the two motor vehicles and adjacent figures, showing the ground and part of the first storey of the Queenstown Hotel. Affixed to first-storey railing is a large banner promoting Newtown v Queenstown football match on Saturday August 6th.
Image possibly taken from original glass plate. Shows two vessals on the river with hills behind and occupied row boat in the foreground. Image appears twice, side by side with narrow shadow down the centre. When compared with image Boats on the Gordon.tif it is possible the view is of the Gordon River.
Image like sourced from a newspaper or publication as quality is grainy and contains legend at the bottom: F.O. Henry's Lynx and Grining's Valkyria, Gordon River, c1930. Compare with Boats on Franklin.tif
Image likely sourced from a newspaper or publication as it contains printed legend at the bottom: Opening out of the west - clearing the land for the new town of Crotty. Photographer identified. Primitive buildings just visible in the background. It is likely the image is older than 1902.
Photograph depicts forecourt of Wrest Point Hotel, Sandy Bay, showing front door with decorative masonry, with five dolphins, ship with St George Cross atop front door. Man in brown uniform standing alongside a Holden FX with dark body paintwork and a yellow painted roof, a taxi affiliated with Hobart's Yellow Cabs, Tasmanian licence plate WXG 772.
Colour photograph depicts red C Class steam locomotive, steaming on line approaching Relbia Station railway platform, near Launceston, between Western Junction and Inveresk. The words: ?CENTENARY TRAIN 1871-1971? emblazoned on front of boiler.
Colour photographs shows three people in a small boat laden with firewood being moved from one side of Lake Dobson to another. Hut visible on shore and cleared path of zig-zag track up hill visible in background
Colour photograph shows smoke curling out of the flue from a woodheater or fireplace of the Hobart Walking Club timber hut at Mount Field National Park, with snowdrifts banked halfway up the walls of the hut
Colour photograph shows a farmer driving an International Harvester Farmall M tractor, with the Australian model name AM, pulling a trailed harvester in a paddock of rye at Glen Dhu, 1956. Placename distinct from other Glen Dhu, near Launceston.
Colour photograph shows people assembling the roof frame of a Hobart Walking Club hut at K Col, later named the FA. Peterson Memorial Hut and officially opened in 1960 by New Zealand adventurer Sir Edmund Hilary
Colour photograph shows signs posted at entrance of Mount Field National Park, with distances and estimated travel times to Lake Dobson (9 1/4 miles), Lake Fenton (7 1/4 miles), Lady Barron Falls (1 1/2 mile), Camping Ground (250 yds), Rangers Cottage (150 Yds), Russell Falls 1/2 MILE 10 MIN, Lady Barron Falls Round Trip 3 1/2 MILES 1H 45 MIN