Mostrar 353 resultados

Descrição arquivística
Sub-item
Previsualizar a impressão Ver:

280 resultados com objetos digitais Mostrar resultados com objetos digitais

History of Bass Strait

BHP "History of Bass Strait" series Nos. 1-12 : reproductions of maps and pictures issued each month with The Australian Financial Review, Jan-Dec. 1972.

Photographs: Ruth Sansom

Sixteen photographs taken at times between 1934 and the 1970s. One is of Ruth at Sandy Bay presumably before leaving for England. Later photographs show Ruth on her honeymoon, horse riding (presumably in England) and, later still, at Eaglehawk Neck and Orford. There are several passport photographs and one studio portrait taken in England in 1945.

Clive Sansom

Photographs: Sansoms with other people

Seven photographs show either one or both of the Sansoms with Walter Stiasny and his wife, with members of the London verse speaking choir at a choir reunion in London in 1961 and with other groups of unidentified people.

Clive Sansom

Photographs: Miscellaneous & postcards

• A studio portrait of an unknown lady - an old photograph probably of a forebear.
• Two photographs of unidentified individuals, one annotated 'Tiesie Austria'.
• Postcard of Reigate Wray Common Windmill.
• Postcard of Eiger, Monch, Jungfrau.
• Pictorial folding letter card of scenes from Reigate.
• Two postcards of Reigate.
• Seven postcards of Winchmore Hill.
• Photograph of the cover designed for the Argo recording of ‘The Witnesses’.
• Envelope containing negatives of photographs.

Clive Sansom

Photographs: Clive Sansom

Eleven photographs of Sansom taken at stages of his life from 1932 to the 1970s. Several photographs are of Sansom at home (Mt Stuart), one is taken on board a P&O liner and at least one is a passport photograph.

Clive Sansom

Photographs: Clive & Ruth Sansom

Apart from photographs taken in the l 970s, these eleven photographs show the Sansoms in England, on journeys to Ceylon
(1950) and the Middle East and in London during the War years. One is a passport photograph of both husband and wife.

Clive Sansom

Newspaper and journal clippings

Newspaper and journal clippings include
• photograph of J.R.O. Bartram,
• photograph of the comedians 'Ada and Elsie',
• 'For Sale' notice and photograph of the house at 31 Gordon Avenue, Lenah Valley, which the Sansoms subsequently bought,
• report on Sansom's publication Choric Drama,
• article from Speech News announcing the resignation of Clive and Ruth Sansom and paying tribute to their work for the Speech Institute (January 1951),
• item from the Surrey News about the crowning of the May Queen ceremony (undated).

Clive Sansom

Beautiful Hobart and Surroundings

Souvenir booklet entitled 'Beautiful Hobart and surroundings. 81 views by J.C. Breaden'. It contains a series of black and white photographs of Hobart and places nearby

Travel to Tasmania

Documents relating to the Sansoms' travel to Tasmania on the Orion in 1950 including their formal application for a passage on the ship and medical testimonials supporting this.

Clive Sansom

Copies of letters from Clive Sansom

Copies of letters from Clive Sansom to:
• A.G. Prys-Jones of Aberystwyth Press (3/9/49)
• The News Chronicle about speech education (27/9/48) and supporting the building of a replica of the Globe Theatre (25/1/49)
• The Spectator about poetry (2/9/49)
• The Times Literary Supplement about the Arts Council's support for poetry (22/1/49), choral speaking (26/3/29), Gerard Manly Hopkins (20/5/49), and the broadcasting of poetry (1/12/50)
• The Observer about the publishing of poetry (7 /8/4?)
• John O' London's Weekly about the use of the word 'pretty' (21/1/49)
• The Listener about Eliot's Murder in the Cathedral (31/3/49)
• The Friend about the concept of vocation in work (28/5/48) and the meaning of Divine Guidance (22/10/48)
• The Sunday Times about book publishing (7/11/48)
• Muriel Spark about adjudicating and an article on T.S. Eliot (21/2/48)
• Mr Foules about a verse-speaking syllabus (5/3/49)
• Ruth Sansom on personal matters (at least five letters undated and apparently written before the Sansoms married)
• To unidentified correspondents about changing patterns in pronunciation, Quakerism, and Murder in the Cathedral (all undated)

Clive Sansom

Sansom's poems

Copies of Sansom's poems (some typewritten, others by hand): 'Woods under Grass'; 'Colombo, November 1949', 'My love we have been one so utterly... '; 'On hearing Celtic Lament'; 'Epitaph'; 'Invocation'; 'Because the sun clears in the valleys ... '; and an extract from one of Sansom's poems printed in an obituary notice for Jennie E. Milligan.

Clive Sansom

Woodbrooke

Correspondence and information about WOODBROOKE, a 'missionary' college or 'settlement ... designed primarily to give members of the Society of Friends an opportunity of preparing for the variety of service required in the cause of Christ today': letter from the Warden, Henry T. Cadbury, with an application form (l 8/3/40); Sansom's reply (19/3/40); copy of the Prospectus, syllabus and timetable from the Secretary, D. Best, (20/3/40 and 6/4/40).

Clive Sansom

Conscription Committee

Circular letter from David Jenkin of the London Friends Local
Conscription Committee offering advice and assistance to prospective conscientious objectors (30/4/40). Sansom's letter to Edgar Dunstan about a draft statement to the War Tribunal. Letters from Edgar Dunstan (8/6/40 and 12/6/40) suggesting appropriate work both the Sansoms could offer to undertake in lieu of active service. Sansom's letter of26/6/40 proposing to establish a house and property in Kent as a centre for conscientious objectors. A further letter to Capper Johnson containing a similar proposal applying to Bunce Court, Otterden (1/7/40) and Johnson's reply (17/7/40).

Clive Sansom

Spiceland Training Centre

Letters and documents about Spiceland Training Centre. Circulars outlining the purpose of the Centre. Sansom' s application to undertake a training course at the Centre. Two letters from the Centre's Warden and typed extracts from 'The Fifty-Fifth Column' the Centre's newsletter compiled by the residents (including Sansom). Further letters from Sansom to the Labour Exchange, Chipping Norton, to 'Peter' describing Spicelands Centre building and the daily routines, and to Mr Foulis about LAMDA matters. Two letters from Jonathon Field to Sansom about plans to jointly operate a market garden at 'Tinker's Orchard'.

Clive Sansom

Conscientious objector

Letters relating to Sansom's application for registration as a conscientious objector for service with the armed forces in the Second World War (see his application to the Tribunal in 3.26 above). These include formal notice of the hearing of Sansom's application to be registered as a conscientious objector, copy of a reference from the President of the London Speech Fellowship and Institute to accompany Sansom's application, and letters of advice about his application from Eric Savage and Edgar D. Dunstan. Documents from the Ministry of Labour and National Service advising Sansom that the Tribunal 'was satisfied ... that there was a genuine conscientious objection to combatant military service; but it was not satisfied as to non-combatant service' and that Sansom must therefore undertake full­time 'ARP or AFS work'. Letters including those to and from the City of Birmingham, the Air Raid Precautions Headquarters, the Guildhall Portsmouth, the City and County of Bristol, and the London County Council about the possibility of such employment. Copies of letters from Sansom to the Ministry of Labour indicating that he was seeking admission to the Spicelands Training Centre.

Clive Sansom

Miscellaneous notes and letters

Miscellaneous notes and letters relating to the search for accommodation. Letter from Sansom to the Editor of Poetry Review on the subject of poetry and beauty (14/11/40) and one from an unidentified writer [perhaps either Rodney Bennett or Robert Gittings?] on the teaching of oral English and Keats's connection with Dorset (5/12/61).

Clive Sansom

Cradle Mountain by R.E. Smith

Manuscript of "Cradle Mountain" by R.E. Smith, with notes on wild life and climate by Gustav Weindorfer. dated 7 August
1937.

Archibald Lawrence Meston

Letters from A. Biggs

Letters from A. Biggs (astronomical instruments, 1933)

Archibald Lawrence Meston

Liverpool Street Hobart with horse drawn carriages

Photograph of Liverpool Street Hobart taken around the turn of the century showing horse drawn carriages in the foreground. The date is assumed from the presence of electric power poles which were introduced in 1898.

Cherry's Carlton Club Hotel

Photograph of Liverpool Street Hobart at the intersection of Argyle Street looking towards West Hobart, taken around the turn of the century showing Cherry's Carlton Club Hotel in the foreground. Also J. Whiteside & Son Furnishing Warehouse and Canes Iron mongers. The date is assumed from the presence of electric power poles which were introduced in 1898.

Liverpool Street Hobart

Photograph of Liverpool Street Hobart taken from just before the Elizabeth Street intersection around the turn of the century with horse drawn carriages in the foreground. The date is assumed from the presence of electric power poles which were introduced in 1898.

Cascades' Female Factory from the hill

Photograph of the Cascades' Female Factory looking down the South Hobart Valley toward the Derwent River. Showing yards and gardens. In 1828 a Female Factory opened on the outskirts of Hobart at Cascades. It became the colony's largest Factory, expanding by 1853 into five major courtyards accommodating 1000 women and 175 children. The photographer was J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studios were in Elizabeth and Murray Streets between 1891 and 1940

John Watt Beattie

Cascades' Female Factory from the rear

Photograph of the Cascades' Female Factory from the rear showing yards with washing and horse. In 1828 a Female Factory opened on the outskirts of Hobart at Cascades. It became the colony's largest Factory, expanding by 1853 into five major courtyards accommodating 1000 women and 175 children. The photographer was J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studios were in Elizabeth and Murray Streets between 1891 and 1940

John Watt Beattie

Cascades' Female Factory

Photograph of the Cascades' Female Factory looking toward Mt Wellington with the Cascade Brewery in the distance. In 1828 a Female Factory opened on the outskirts of Hobart at Cascades. It became the colony's largest Factory, expanding by 1853 into five major courtyards accommodating 1000 women and 175 children. The photographer was J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studios were in Elizabeth and Murray Streets between 1891 and 1940

John Watt Beattie

"Dargavel", Renfrew, Scotland

Photograph of the Kerr's house, "Dargavel", Renfrew, Scotland 1890.
Carte de visite -enclosed in letter Mary Ann Walker to EA Walker dated 9 July 1890

Government House from the Queen's Domain

Photograph of Government House, Hobart taken from the Queen's Domain, c. 1890s. A note on the reverse says 'after railway'. The photographer was Henry Hall Baily who had studios in Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets, Hobart from 1865 until 1918.

Henry Hall Baily

Government House from the bay

Photograph of Government House Hobart taken from the bay below the Queen's Domain, c.1890s. The photographer was Henry Hall Baily who had studios in Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets, Hobart from 1865 until 1918.

Henry Hall Baily

Old University building

Photograph of the old University building (Domain House) on Queen's Domain, Hobart, Tasmania, c. 1890s.

Hobart Regatta

Photograph of the Hobart Regatta taken in 1886. The photographer was Albert Sargeant who had studios in Macquarie Street, Hobart from 1886-1890 and George Street, Launceston from 1900-1913

Albert Sargeant

Hobart Regatta Grandstand from the water

Photograph of the Hobart Regatta grandstand taken from the water in 1886. The photographer was Albert Sargeant who had studios in Macquarie Street, Hobart, Tasmania from 1886-1890 and George Street, Launceston, Tasmania from 1900-1913.

Albert Sargeant

Letter : James Backhouse Walker to his sister Mary

Letter from James Backhouse Walker in Hobart to his sister Mary who was painting in Quinperle, Brittany. It sets out the Walker genealogy at length and describes the ships which carried Collins and his party to Sullivans Cove. From Walker Family Scrapbook compiled by Peter Benson Walker. Private collection. Page 40

James Backhouse Walker

Tasmanian Temperance Alliance

Photograph of the first Tasmanian Temperance Alliance building, Macquarie Street Hobart

Henry Hall Baily

Photograph of electric tram car

Photograph of an electric tram car in Hobart, about 1893, thought to be travelling along Macquarie Street. Advertising Lester Brothers Family Grocers. Wertheim sewing machines, Pear's soap, Cascade ale & J.W. Beattie, Photographer.

Huts on Huon Road under snow

Photograph of Huon Road near Fern Tree Inn, Hobart, Tasmania, in about 1882 showing clearing and huts under snow

James Backhouse Walker

View from the roof of Government House

Photograph of ships on the Derwent River taken from the roof of Government House, Hobart, Tasmania in 1882. The photographer was Henry Hall Baily who had studios in Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets, Hobart from 1865 until 1918.

Henry Hall Baily

View from Government House

Photograph of view from Government House looking over a vegetable garden and orchard which could either be in the Government House or Botanical Gardens grounds with the River Derwent and Mt. Direction in the background.

Sullivans Cove, taken from HMS Nelson

Photograph of a ship with Sullivans Cove and Mount Wellington in the background taken from HMS Nelson in 1882. The photographer is Henry Hall Baily who had studios in Elizabeth and Liverpool streets Hobart from 1865 until 1918.

Henry Hall Baily

New Town from New Town Invalid Asylum

Photograph from New Town Invalid Asylum, Tasmania in about 1882. The photographer was Henry Hall Baily who had studios in Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets, Hobart from 1865 until 1918.

Henry Hall Baily

In memoriam Hannah Maria Benson

Folded memorial card with black margins. In loving memory of Hannah Maria, widow of the rev. Samuel Benson M.A. Chaplin of St. Saviour’s Southwark who died February 18th, 1882 aged 73 years. Interred at Norwood Cemetery, grave number 18495

Kangaroo Bay

Photograph of Kangaroo Point (Bellerive) Beach on Hobart's Eastern Shore looking toward settlement c. 1882. The photographer was Henry Hall Baily who had studios in Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets, Hobart from 1865 until 1918.

Launceston from beyond Cataract Bridge

Photograph of Launceston, Tasmania, from beyond the Cataract Bridge in about 1881. The photographer was Alfred Winter who had studios in Bathurst, Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets, Hobart, from 1869 until 1891.

Alfred Winter

On the banks of the Tamar River

Photograph of a family on the banks of the Tamar River, Launceston. The photographer was William Cawston who had studios in Paterson and St. John Streets, Launceston from 1863-1891.

William Cawston

River Tamar from Cataract Hill

Photograph of the River Tamar in Launceston from Cataract Hill. The photographers were Anson Brothers who had studios in Liverpool, Collins and Elizabeth Streets, Hobart, between 1878 and 1891.

Anson Brothers

Battery Point from Sandy Bay

Photograph of Battery Point from Sandy Bay, Tasmania, with St. Helena, later Wrest Point, in foreground, St Georges Church in the distance, c.1881. The photographer was Alfred Winter who had studios in Bathurst, Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets from 1869 until 1891.

James Backhouse Walker

Murray Street with horse drawn carriages

Photograph of Murray Street, Hobart in 1881 with a row of horse drawn carriages outside the Hobart Savings Bank, Masonic Temple and the Derwent and Tamar Buildings with Webb's hotel (later Hadley's Orient Hotel) in the distance.

Ship Inn

Photograph of the Ship Inn on the corner of Elizabeth and Collins Streets, Hobart in about 1881. The photographer is Alfred Winter who had studios in Bathurst, Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets from 1869 until 1891.

Cataract Bridge and Launceston

Photograph of Launceston, Tasmania from beyond the Cataract Bridge. The photographers were Anson Brothers who had studios in Liverpool, Collins and Elizabeth Streets, Hobart, between 1878 and 1891.

Anson Brothers

Public Buildings Launceston

Photograph of the Public Buildings in Launceston, Tasmania. The Criterion Hotel is in the background. The photographers were Anson Brothers who had studios in Liverpool, Collins and Elizabeth Streets, Hobart, between 1878 and 1891.

Anson Brothers

Hobart Railway Station

Photograph of Hobart from the Queen's Domain with the railway station in the foreground, c. 1881. The photographers were Anson Brothers who had studios in Liverpool, Collins and Elizabeth Streets between 1878 and 1891.

Anson Brothers

Queenborough, Sandy Bay

Photograph of Queenborough, Sandy Bay, Tasmania, c.1881. The photographer was Alfred Winter who had studios in Bathurst, Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets from 1869 until 1891.

James Backhouse Walker

Letters from H.M. Benson

Letters from H.M. Benson, wife of the Reverend Samuel Benson, to her niece, revealing the faith and devotion which motivated christian life in 19th century England. From Walker Family Scrapbook compiled by Peter Benson Walker. Private collection. Page 11

H.M. Benson

Bush Hotel, New Norfolk

Photograph of the Bush Hotel, New Norfolk, Tasmania, 1881. Proprietor at the time was Captain Blockey. The photographer was Alfred Winter who had studios in Bathurst, Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets from 1869 until 1891.

Alfred Winter

Ship Inn

Photograph of the Ship Inn on the corner of Elizabeth and Collins Streets, Hobart. In 1881 the proprietor was Mr J. C. Hadley . The photographer is Alfred Winter who had studios in Bathurst, Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets from 1869 until 1891.

Alfred Winter

St. John's Street, Launceston

Photograph of St. John's Street, Launceston with St. John's Anglican Church and Chalmers Free Presbyterian Church on opposite sides of the street. The photographer was William Cawston who had studios in Paterson and St. John Streets, Launceston from 1863-1891.

William Cawston

Launceston Town Hall

Photograph of the Town Hall in Launceston, Tasmania. The photographers were Anson Brothers who had studios in Liverpool, Collins and Elizabeth Streets, Hobart, between 1878 and 1891.

Anson Brothers

Launceston from Windmill Hill

Photograph of Launceston from Windmill Hill looking north taken in c1881. The photographer was Alfred Winter who had studios in Bathurst, Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets from 1869 until 1891.

Alfred Winter

Derwentwater, Sandy Bay

Photograph of Derwentwater, Sandy Bay, Tasmania, home of Captain Langdon Swan, c.1881. The photographer was Alfred Winter who had studios in Bathurst, Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets from 1869 until 1891.

James Backhouse Walker

Letter from John Benson to his sister Ann

Letter from John Benson, second son of the Reverend Joseph Benson to his sister Ann mentioning her work as her father's amanuensis for his well known "Commentary on the Bible" to which he devoted 9 continuous years labour. John Benson took Orders and became the rector of Norton-sub-Hamdon, Somerset. From Walker Family Scrapbook compiled by Peter Benson Walker. Private collection. Page 6

John Benson

View of Hobart from West Hobart

Photograph from the collection of James Backhouse Walker of a view of Hobart from West Hobart. Looking down Murray & Harrington Streets. The photographer is Henry Hall Baily who had studios in Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets Hobart from 1865 until 1918.

James Backhouse Walker

Hobart looking east

Photograph from the collection of James Backhouse Walker of a view of Hobart from West Hobart looking east toward the river, showing Holy Trinity Church. The photographer is Henry Hall Baily who had studios in Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets Hobart from 1865 until 1918..

James Backhouse Walker

Waterloo House

Photograph of Waterloo House on the corner of Murray and Davey Streets, Hobart, Tasmania in 1880. The photographers were Anson Brothers whose firm was located in Liverpool, Collins and Elizabeth Streets between 1878 and 1891.

Anson Brothers

Fern Tree Bower and Silver Falls,

Photographs of Silver Falls, Fern Tree Bower, Mount Wellington c.1880 taken by Anson Brothers who had studios in Liverpool, Collins, and Elizabeth Streets between 1878 and 1891.

James Backhouse Walker

Port Arthur from behind the church and doctor's house

Photograph of the settlement of Port Arthur from behind the church and Doctor's house c. 1880. View of vegetable gardens in foreground. The photographers are Anson Brothers., Portrait and Landscape Photographers, Hobart Town whose firm was located in Liverpool, Collins and Elizabeth Streets between 1878 and 1891.

Henry Hall Baily

Government House from the Domain

Vignette photograph of Government House, Hobart, Tasmania taken from the Domain in about 1880. Showing gentleman in a bowler hat sitting on mound.

New Town and Mt. Direction

Photograph of New Town and Mt. Direction, Hobart, Tasmania from the hill above Beaulieu. The photographer was Alfred Winter who had studios in Bathurst, Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets from 1869 until 1891..

Alfred Winter

Hobart streetscape in snow

Photograph from the collection of James Backhouse Walker of a Hobart streetscape in snow - looking towards Mt Nelson and Sandy Bay.

James Backhouse Walker

Mt. Wellington from St. George's Hill

Photograph from the collection of James Backhouse Walker of a view of Mt. Wellington from St. George's Hill with Hawthorn Cottage in the foreground and Bishopscourt - Garden Crescent and Davey Street Chapel in the background (according to notes on the reverse). The photographer was the Anson Brothers, whose firm was located in Liverpool, Collins and Elizabeth Streets between 1878 and 1891.

James Backhouse Walker

Webb's Hotel from front

Photograph of Webb's Hotel, later Hadley's, Murray Street, Hobart, Tasmania, in about 1880. The photographer was Alfred Winter who had studios in Bathurst, Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets from 1869 until 1891.

Alfred Winter

Commandant's house and jetties at Port Arthur

Photograph of the commandant's house and jetties, Port Arthur c. 1880. The photographers are Anson Brothers., Portrait and Landscape Photographers, Hobart Town whose firm was located in Liverpool, Collins and Elizabeth Streets between 1878 and 1891.

Anson Brothers

Port Arthur

Thought to be a photograph of dwellings at Port Arthur

Sullivans Cove and Hunter Island

Photograph of Sullivans Cove and Hunter Island taken from the eastern end of Salamanca with garden in the foreground and two ships alongside the wharf. c.1880

Hobart waterfront

View of Hobart waterfront c.1880 showing docks, carts, ships at anchor and woodyard

Murray Street, above Liverpool Street intersection

Photograph of Murray Street, taken from above the Liverpool Street intersection, Hobart, in about 1880. Webb's Hotel and Alexander McGregor's house, Lenna, are visible in the distance. Also shows Bishopsbourne Photographic studo; Ready & Mulcahy Drapers & Clothiers; Head and Plowman Baby Linen Warehouse Millinery & Underclothing ; Burgess & Barrett Provision merchants, Tea Dealers ; Bidencope Tailor & Hatter; J. Roberts Billiard & Coffee Saloon

Port Arthur church and Penitentiary

Photograph of Port Arthur church and Penitentiary with view of Mt. Arthur in the distance. The photographers were Anson Brothers., Portrait and Landscape Photographers, Hobart Town whose firm was located in Liverpool, Collins and Elizabeth Streets between 1878 and 1891.

Anson Brothers

Port Arthur Penitentiary

Photograph of Port Arthur Penitentiary c. 1880. The photographers are Anson Brothers., Portrait and Landscape Photographers, Hobart Town whose firm was located in Liverpool, Collins and Elizabeth Streets between 1878 and 1891

Anson Brothers

Thomas Crosby

Photograph of Thomas Crosby, (head and shoulders) 1880. Carte de visite , by Edward Sands, Melbourne. (see letter to S. B. Walker)

The Tasmanian Club, Macquarie Street, Hobart

Photograph of the Tasmanian Club formally the Derwent Bank, and Walch's building with a landau outside. The Tasmanian Club is a Georgian style building designed by architect James Alexander Thomson and built in 1846 for banker and merchant Captain Charles Swanston as the Derwent Bank. After the depression of the 1840's the Bank went into liquidation and the building was bought by the Tasmania Club in April 1873 and is still their residence today. The Tasmanian Club was established in 1861 in Hobart by seventy gentlemen. It was founded on the 'London pattern', that is, election or exclusion of candidates by ballot. The photographers are Anson Brothers whose firm was located in Liverpool, Collins and Elizabeth Streets between 1878 and 1891.

Anson Brothers

Port Arthur from behind the church

Photograph of Port Arthur from behind the church with ship in the harbour, taken by Henry Hall Baily who had studios in Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets, Hobart from 1865 until 1918.

Henry Hall Baily

View from the Botanical Gardens

Photograph of view from the Botanical Gardens, Hobart, Tasmania in about 1880. Three Norfolk Island pines dominate the foreground and the view looks out to the River Derwent and Eastern Shore. The photographers were Anson Brothers, whose firm was located in Liverpool, Collins and Elizabeth Streets between 1878 and 1891.

Anson Brothers

Hobart from Huon Road looking east

Photograph from the collection of James Backhouse Walker of a view of Hobart from Huon Road looking east in about 1879, according to notes on the reverse.

James Backhouse Walker

Track to Fern Tree Bower, Mt Wellington

Photograph of the track to Fern Tree Bower, Mount Wellington before taken prior to 1879 by Anson Brothers who had studios in Liverpool, Collins, and Elizabeth Streets between 1878 and 1891.

James Backhouse Walker

Elizabeth Street looking toward Memorial Congregational Church

Photograph of Elizabeth Street Hobart looking north in about 1879. Legrands old shop is on the right and the old post offfice and Ship hotel are also visible according to notes on the reverse of the photo. Also shown is the Tasmanian pale ales store and the All Nations hotelThe photographer is Alfred Winter who had studios in Bathurst, Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets from 1869 until 1891.

Alfred Winter

Hobart looking south east

Photograph from the collection of James Backhouse Walker of a view of Hobart looking South East with a garden in the foreground and Elizabeth Street in the middle distance. The photographer is Alfred Winter who had studios in Bathurst, Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets from 1874-1880.

James Backhouse Walker

Mt. Wellington from the foot of St. George's Hill

Photograph from the collection of James Backhouse Walker of a view of Mt. Wellington from the foot of St. George's Hill in about 1870. The view is from the corner of Albeura St and Sandy Bay Rd. The photographer's name, Woolley, is recorded in a note on the reverse and presumably refers to Charles Alfred.

James Backhouse Walker

Resultados 1 a 100 de 353