Youth Club Cricket Team taken at Gretna. Back Row: Mr Easther, Jack Cliffe, Stan Ransley, Frank Butler. Middle Row: Alan Easther, Alan Hyland (captain) Dudley Coleman, Spud Ransley, Basil Easther. Front: Brian Richardson, Walter Thomas. Boy: Harry Smith.
Photograph depicts forecourt of Wrest Point Hotel, Sandy Bay, showing front door with decorative masonry, with five dolphins, ship with St George Cross atop front door. Man in brown uniform standing alongside a Holden FX with dark body paintwork and a yellow painted roof, a taxi affiliated with Hobart's Yellow Cabs, Tasmanian licence plate WXG 772.
Photograph of Wood's huts at the Springs, Mount Wellington, in 1870 with old couple and younger gentleman and boy sitting outside. On the reverse of the photo post card 'Do you remember them. Huts and old Mr. and Mrs. Wood'.
Window display of Cadbury's New dark chocolate assortment Vogue. Poster indicated every chocolate is different, and quarter pound boxes are priced at two shillings. Poster also annotated with the phrase "Look for the Smart Red Box"
In 1894 William Henry Williams became a lecturer and in 1896 the foundation professor of Classics and English Literature at the newly established University of Tasmania. He occupied the chair until his retirement in 1925. During part of that time he was dean of the faculty of arts and chairman of the professorial board. In March 1926 he was made professor emeritus. He was also a trustee of the State Library of Tasmania from 1921 to 1936. Copy of indenture of Professor Williams to the position of Professor of Classics and English literature, dated 1902. Appointment Indenture for William Henry Williams, dated 1901, 1902 &1904. Professor of Classics and English Literature (1901 draft); Professor of Classics and English Literature (17 February 1902); Supplement to agreement (2 February 1904); Professor of Classics and English Literature (19 August1904 and draft).
Photograph of Elizabeth Street, Hobart, looking towards the harbour with Westella and the Memorial Congregational Church in the foreground. Taken prior to The photographer was Alfred Winter who had studios in Bathurst, Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets from 1869 until 1891.
Photograph of Webb's Hotel, later Hadley's, Murray Street, Hobart, in about 1877. The photographer was Henry Hall Baily who had studios in Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets, Hobart, from 1865 until 1918.
Photograph of Waterloo House on the corner of Murray and Davey Streets, Hobart, Tasmania in 1880. The photographers were Anson Brothers whose firm was located in Liverpool, Collins and Elizabeth Streets between 1878 and 1891.
Watercolour of Christ's College at Bishopbourne, Tasmania by Bishop Francis Russell Nixon founder of the College. Modern typed note accompany painting. Inscription on the back of the watercolour (in Gell's handwriting) "The little pointed roof to the extreme left is the stand in the cricket ground. In the centre the Coll: Warden's rooms the left end, then the library, then the North buildings in which re the Sub-warden's rooms, terminated by the bell-tower. To the right, barns, stables and out-houses. The Western Mountains with Christ's College Jan .24th 1854"
Black-and-white photograph of Gentle Annie Falls, a man-made water channel constructed as part of the Hobart waterworks to supply fresh water to residents of Hobart, operating between the 1860s to 1940s.
Coloured pencil on paper sketched by Olive Pink at Horseshoe Bend, Central Australia 13/9/30. "and Rodinga" Identified by Olive Pink as Warra Warra (3ft high in places and many on one plant) 6-5-1a drawn on other side of paper
Colour photograph shows bushwalkers carrying roofing iron along a path to the ridgeline of K Col near Mount Field West as part of project to build a hut to shelter bushwalkers and skiers. Hobart Walking Club's F.A. Peterson Memorial Hut was opened in 1960