Mostrando 201 resultados

Descripción archivística
Hobart
Imprimir vista previa Ver :

124 resultados con objetos digitales Muestra los resultados con objetos digitales

Buildings on Salamanca Place

Black-and-white photograph shows stone buildings along Salamanca Place, timber stacked on New Wharf and masts of ships docked at the wharf; signs on buildings for “A.E. Lord Wool Merchant” and “W.D. Peacock and Co.”, historic home Lenna and easter...

Liverpool Street, Hobart

Black-and-white photograph depicts police officer standing in middle of Liverpool Street, Hobart, with YMCA and J.W. Toplis Pharmaceutical Chemist listed as tenants of the corner building.

The Mercury - 11th November 1918.

One newspaper, The Mercury, published by Charles Ellis Davies, Macquarie St., Hobart . This edition : Extraordinary edition - Armistice signed by the Germans. Dated 11th November 1918.

Davies Brothers Pty Ltd

Receipt book

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC F6-7
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1911-1917
  • Parte deFuller Papers

Receipt book for hire of piano from Walch & Co. 1911 - 1917

William Edwin Fuller

Bank book

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC F6-8
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1958-1960
  • Parte deFuller Papers

Bank book belonging to W. E. Fuller with transactions dated 1958 to 1960

William Edwin Fuller

Identity

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC F6-9
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1941-1954
  • Parte deFuller Papers

Three items belonging to W. E. Fuller -Identity card, 1941; visiting cards (Collins Street) and Passport, 1954.

William Edwin Fuller

Bookshop

Collection consists of material relating to Fullers bookshop : accounts, catalogues card and bookmarks, newspaper cuttings and book proofs

William Edwin Fuller

Scripts of articles, talks and plays

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC F6-15
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1919
  • Parte deFuller Papers

Scripts of articles, broadcast talks, plays, etc.Including:(a) talks: "50 years of bookselling", "Trollope in Tasmania", ''Marie Corelli", "Roy Bridges", "Travellers Tales" and other talks on...

William Edwin Fuller

Theatre

Collection consists of theatre programs and reviews

William Edwin Fuller

Theatre programmes and reviews

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC F6-17
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1921
  • Parte deFuller Papers

Collection consists of:(1) Theatre programmes and reviews etc.(2) Theatre programmes, cutting of review of Passers By from the Illustrated Tasmanian Mail, dated 7 July 1921, copy of licence and articles of Hobart Repertory Theatre, copy of Amateur...

William Edwin Fuller

Hobart Legacy

Material relating to the Hobart Legacy Club. Includes, papers rules and photographs

William Edwin Fuller

Hobart Legacy Club

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC F6-18
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1923-1949
  • Parte deFuller Papers

Material relating to the Hobart Legacy Club. Originally founded as "Remembrance Club" 1923, Hobart Legacy - 1944, includes printed papers, rules, Barnett photograph of delegates to Legacy conference 1949.

William Edwin Fuller

Youth Triumphant" by Roy Bridges

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC F6-20
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1954
  • Parte deFuller Papers

Cuttings of Roy Bridges serial published in the Saturday Evening Mercury 14 August 1954 to 13 November 1954 entitled ''YouthTriumphant"

William Edwin Fuller

Theatrical photographs

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC F6-26
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1912-1940
  • Parte deFuller Papers

Collection of photographs including Group in musical entertainment, including W. E. and Frances Fuller, c. 1912, with programme of "Entertainment by the Mountebanks", Moonah Mission Hall, 1912. W. E. Fuller portraying various parts (es...

William Edwin Fuller

Photographs of friends

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC F6-30
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1913-1931
  • Parte deFuller Papers

Three photographs of friends:Edward Gott 1913 Inscribed "to Mr. &Mrs. W. E. Fuller, in remembrance, Edward Gott, Hobart, 1913" (framed)Elderly man, head and shoulders.Young woman - "To Frances & Bill with love, Stella, ...

William Edwin Fuller

Tourist map of Tasmania

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC F6-35
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1934
  • Parte deFuller Papers

One tourist map of Tasmania dated 1934. Inset map of Hobart. Produced by the Government Printer Tasmania. Scale 1 in: 10 mls , - Linen backed map, folded

William Edwin Fuller

Script "Africa calling"

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC F6-40
  • Unidad documental simple
  • n.d.
  • Parte deFuller Papers

Script of a play entitled "Africa calling" written by M Gibson and W E Fuller

William Edwin Fuller

Auxiliary Ketch Lenna at Hobart Regatta 1957

Colour photograph of the ketch Lenna, taken from shore of Derwent, at Hobart Regatta, 1957. Depicts two-masted ketch on Derwent River, with casuarina tree in foreground.

Hal Wyatt

Steam train arrives at Hobart Station

Colour photograph of steam locomotive, with green livery, pulled into platform at Hobart Station, with passengers on platform.

Hal Wyatt

At the Yacht Club

Colour photograph shows yachts at Royal Yacht Club of Tasmania and cars parked beside waterfront

Hal Wyatt

Billowing sails on Derwent

Colour photograph of yachts racing on Derwent River with cargo ships berthed at Port of Hobart in background; foothills on land are dry

Hal Wyatt

Murray Street ferry pier and ships docked in Hobart

Colour photograph of ferry pier at bottom of Murray Street, Hobart, departure point for the Bellerive ferry; cargo and passenger ships docked at nearby Princes Wharf, including the steamer Orsova; sign advertising Cascade Ale on the Customs House ...

Hal Wyatt

Repair work on Tasman Bridge from Eastern Shore

Colour photograph shows site of repair work to Tasman Bridge, damaged by the crash of the ore carrier Lake Illawarra in January 1975. Photo taken from Eastern Shore of Derwent.

Hal Wyatt

Repairs on Tasman Bridge roadspan

Photograph in colour, taken from Eastern Shore of Derwent River, depicting repairs to roadway and pylons damaged in January 1975 crash of bulk ore carrier Lake Illawarra. Mount Wellington in background.

Hal Wyatt

Tasman Bridge works

Construction site on riverbank as work begins on Tasman Bridge; cranes, steel scaffolding and brickwork evident. Workers in hard hats; one man striding towards camera, wearing gumboots is poking his tongue out at the photographer.

Hal Wyatt

Hobart Bridge and Tasman Bridge in winter 1964

Colour photograph of two bridges across the Derwent River, the Hobart Bridge, right, and the Tasman Bridge, left, as viewed from the eastern shore of the Derwent in August 1964. Snow caps Mount Wellington in the background.

Hal Wyatt

Centre span of Tasman Bridge under construction

Colour photograph of the centre span of the Tasman Bridge is under construction in 1963, as viewed from a vehicle travelling on the nearby Hobart Bridge, which carries vehicular traffic across the Derwent River on a temporary, floating platform.

Hal Wyatt

Building temporary traffic span on Tasman Bridge 1964

Colour photograph shows construction of a temporary traffic span of the new Tasman Bridge, as viewed from the western shore of the Derwent River, in 1964; the floating Hobart Bridge upstream is visible in background.

Hal Wyatt

Chalmer’s church building in Hobart before demolition

Colour photograph of a church building, constructed in greying sand stone, with ivy climbing up wall on attached building; originally the Chalmer’s Free Church and Manse, in Hobart, on the corner of Harrington and Bathurst streets, later the Chalm...

Hal Wyatt

Photograph of Westcott's Bookshop and circulating library

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC D6-1
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1856-1869
  • Parte deDallas Collection

Photograph of Westcott's Bookshop and circulating library, Collins Street, Hobart. Standing outside are Mr Westcott and a little girl, Till, wearing a pinafore. The photograph shows the shop of John Andrew, Bellhanger. The photograph was made...

Kenneth McKenzie Dallas

Domain House - front view

Front view of the University of Tasmania building, Domain House, located on the Queen's Domain, Hobart.

John Watt Beattie

Library workroom

One small black and white photograph of Library workroom at Domain House taken in November 1960. Staff identified as M. McClymont, Dr. Wojtowitz, Mr S. Flood

University of Tasmania

Library entrance

Photograph of the entrance area and cloakroom of the Library, Domain, House.

University of Tasmania

Fuller Papers

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC F6
  • Colección
  • 1916-1965

Collection consists of personal and business correspondence, financial records, scrapbook and cuttings scripts of broadcasts, stories and plays. Theatre programs, photographs and pins and badges. There is also material collected by Francis Ruby Fu...

William Edwin Fuller

Picture Postcards

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC F6-2
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1916-1919
  • Parte deFuller Papers

Picture Postcards dated between c. 1916 - 1919 Most addressed to Mrs. W. Fuller and children, including views ofFrance, U.K., "patriotic" cards and humourous cards, including view of County of London War Hospital, Epsom, showing W.E.F�...

William Edwin Fuller

Account Journal

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC F6-10
  • Unidad documental simple
  • July 1921 - March 1927
  • Parte deFuller Papers

Bookshop account journal dated July 1921 - March 1927 including wages, furniture, stock.

William Edwin Fuller

Cuttings etc.

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC F6-13
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1939-1954
  • Parte deFuller Papers

Loose in file. Notes, cuttings, etc. relating mainly to Fuller's Bookshop; also banquet menu, 1954. National Booksellers' League cricket dinner; poem: "24 hour leave" by H.B. from Punch 8 October 1941; account; of the w...

William Edwin Fuller

Printed books

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC F6-14
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1920-1951
  • Parte deFuller Papers

Proof copy of(1) Pink Magic by :Margaret Lee Runbeck, London, (Peter Davis, 1951)(2) 'My little book by Dora Hookey' , W. E. Fuller & James Boa, The Bookshelf, 1920. (photocopy)

William Edwin Fuller

Works of W.E. Fuller

Collection consists of material created by W.E. Fuller including articles, talks, thoughts, plays and poems

William Edwin Fuller

Bookshop photographs

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC F6-27
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1909-1950
  • Parte deFuller Papers

Book shop photographs. Library, probably Angus & Robertson, Sydney c. 1909 including Miss Frances Ruby Evans (later Mrs. W. E. Fuller) Collins Street, Arcade, W. E. and Mrs. Fuller and Miss C. Parker standing in front of opening in brickwo...

William Edwin Fuller

Tasmanian views

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC F6-28
  • Unidad documental simple
  • n.d.
  • Parte deFuller Papers

Collection of photographs of Tasmanian scenes. Panoramic view of Derwent River; Mount Wellington; Derwent river, yachts racing; Fitzpatrick' s Hotel at Westbury. Also postcard views of Hobart, New Norfolk, Miena Dam, Burnie, ships, N.S.W., ...

William Edwin Fuller

Music

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC F6-37
  • Unidad documental simple
  • n.d.
  • Parte deFuller Papers

William Edwin Fuller

Buttons, badges and medals

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC F6-38
  • Unidad documental simple
  • 1914-1947
  • Parte deFuller Papers

Commemorative button c 1914 -1947, Appeal buttons (mainly World WarI) including Red Cross, Wattle Day, child welfare,0 A S.,Tin Hat Appeal, Musical Day 1917.Also uniform badges and buttons, Australian Commonwealth Forces, A I F badge issued to wo...

William Edwin Fuller

C class locomotive at Hobart Station platform

Colour photograph shows C Class steam locomotive with green livery, pulling red and cream carriages, at Hobart Station. Child looking out driver/engineer cabin window.

Hal Wyatt

Sailing boat moored in Hobart, 1950s

Colour photograph of small, two masted sailing boat, with green painted hull, and a sign Onrust, Holland, pinned to mast, Onrust also painted onto side of boat.

Hal Wyatt

Flower bed at botanical gardens

Colour photograph of Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens at Queens Domain, Hobart; depicts garden beds, lawns and Derwent River, looking towards Selfs Point Jetty and petroleum storage tanks at Selfs Point.

Hal Wyatt

Tasman Bridge nears completion

Colour photograph shows construction of Tasman Bridge, from Derwent River’s Eastern Shore. Shows spans of Tasman Bridge almost completed from Eastern Shore, temporary floating Hobart Bridge upstream of new multi-lane road bridge; snow on Mount Wel...

Hal Wyatt

Repair work on Tasman Bridge continues

Colour photograph shows site of repair work to Tasman Bridge, damaged by the crash of the ore carrier Lake Illawarra in January 1975; missing pylons being replaced

Hal Wyatt

Building Tasman Bridge early 1960s

Colour photograph shows construction of the Tasman Bridge, in early 1960s, as viewed from the eastern shore of the Derwent River; the floating Hobart Bridge is visible in foreground; Mount Wellington in distance, with dry grasslands in the foothil...

Hal Wyatt

Boats moored at Constitution Dock in front of Marine Board building

Colour photograph of boats moored at Constitution Dock, Hobart, early 1970s, with distinctive 11-storey brown clad Marine Board of Hobart building, visible in background. Image was erroneously labelled as being taken in 1954, but Marine Board of H...

Hal Wyatt

Reflections on water at Constitution Dock 1954

Colour photograph shows reflections in the water, of masts and sailing boats moored at Constitution Dock, Hobart, with State Library of Tasmania and Hobart GPO clocktower in background.

Hal Wyatt

Postcard of the pontoon bridge, Hobart

Black and white postcard of the River Derwent and the pontoon bridge with a view to the Montague Bay from the Queens Domain. Inscribed H.J.H No. 143. ( H. J. Hellessey ) Real photo card

Earle Collection

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC E4
  • Colección
  • 1909-1931

Material relating to John Earles parliamentary career including his appointment as attorney general, photographs and material belonging to his wife Susanna Earle nee Blackmore

John Earle

The last will and testament of Thomas Alcock

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC DX2
  • Colección
  • 1856

Photocopy of the last will and testament of Thomas Alcock, dated 1856, leaving legacies to his children and his second wife, Ann. Executors were Thomas Lodywyk Crowther, surgeon, and John Regan, tanner.

Thomas Alcock

Domain House Lantern slides

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC Pr.S.Uni
  • Colección
  • c.1907

Collection consists of lantern slides of the University of Tasmania, Domain House, Queen's Domain, Hobart. Views of exterior of the buildings, laboratories and library.

John Watt Beattie

Library Staff 1956

One small black and white photograph of Library staff taken outside the entrance to Domain House, Christmas 1956.

University of Tasmania

Microfilm reader

Photograph of a microfilm reader in the University library at Domain House

University of Tasmania

Main reading area

Photograph of the main reading area of the University library at Domain House

University of Tasmania

Library Staff 1952

Two small black and white photographs of Library staff taken outside Domain House, Christmas 1952.

University of Tasmania

Letter from Adam Taylor of Valleyfield

Handwritten letter from Adam Taylor to his brother William dated 9th November, Valleyfield.Transcribed :My dear WillieWe have got three turkeys out and two chickens beside, there are four hens and one turkey sitting. We have had four or five goos...

Adam Turnbull Taylor

Resultados 1 a 100 de 201