Showing 182 results

Archival description
Central Highlands Tasmania With digital objects
Print preview View:

Apsley house

Photograph of Apsley House. Originally a single storey sandstone Georgian house built in the 1840's on land granted to John Lyne who was MHA for Glamorgan in the period 1843-1865. Small kodak prints. ?G.M.P photographer thought to be taken c1920's - (See also book ch.3, P1/35 (262)

George Musgrave Parker

Bare Mountain

Colour photograph of Bare Mountain, with evidence of past bushfire damage to trees on lower slope GIS: Latitude -4149 Longitude 14590 Gazetteer Australia Record_ID TAS23466

Skiing shelter

Colour photograph shows two sets of skis and backpacks outside an alpine hut, covered in a snowdrift

Paddys Lake

Colour photograph shows whitewater section of Pencil Pine Creek

Pool of Bethesda

Colour photograph shows snow covering the Pool of Siloam near The Temple below Mount Jerusalem

View of Clifton Priory and powerlines across front lawn

Colour photograph of Clifton Priory, Bothwell, showing powerlines across front lawn below hedge. National heritage register citation is as follows: “Two storey stone Tudor Gothic house built in 1847-8 by Rev. Robert Wilson from public subscription. Wilson caused a scandal when he ran into financial difficulties and sold it owing a considerable sum. The house is magnificently sited on Barrack Hill from where it enjoys fine views of Bothwell, the Clyde River and surrounding countryside.”

Former Coffee Palace, doctor’s surgery and hotel at Bothwell

Colour photograph of former coffee palace, hotel and doctor’s surgery at 90 Dalrymple Street Bothwell. Citation on National heritage register: “A two storey brick and stucco Georgian building with a stone rear section, licensed as the Young Queen from 1851-1877 when the name was changed to Maskell's Hotel. The building appears in a book on Colonial architecture by Hardy Wilson with a crinolined lady at the doorway with luggage and bird cage. The building is an important townscape element.”

Buildings at Tarraleah

Colour photograph shows red Holden Kingswood parked outside buildings at Tarraleah in March 1983, including the TAB office, fuel station and former school, with garden bed of blooming roses and annuals

Apsley Log Cabin

Photograph of Apsley original log cabin dating from 1826 on the property granted to William Lyne by Governor Arthur on order from Lord Apsley, eldest son of Lord Bathurst. Copy made by J.W. Beattie of an original of J. Lyne

George Musgrave Parker

Hut at Lake Meston 1977

Colour photograph shows hut at Lake Meston built of logs, shingles and with tin plate chimney People sitting outside hut eating

Former Bridge Hotel at Ouse

Colour landscape photograph shows exterior of derelict Bridge Hotel at Ouse, situated in the crook of the Ouse River, a sandstone, weatherboard and tin structure, with windows boarded up

View of Clifton Priory atop Barrack Hill, Bothwell

Colour photograph of Clifton Priory, Bothwell, showing gardens, lawn and hedge below front door. National heritage register citation is as follows: “Two storey stone Tudor Gothic house built in 1847-8 by Rev. Robert Wilson from public subscription. Wilson caused a scandal when he ran into financial difficulties and sold it owing a considerable sum. The house is magnificently sited on Barrack Hill from where it enjoys fine views of Bothwell, the Clyde River and surrounding countryside.”

Waterfall at Pine Tree Creek

Colour photograph shows waterfall flowing across rock face in Central Highlands, with pencil pines surrounding rock pool

Arthur Knight

Results 1 to 100 of 182