Two pages only of the Weekly Courier dated 6th July 1901 . Pages 23-30 - Beattie photographs of 'Glenora' the estate of Mr L.M Shoobridge at Bushy Park, Tasmania, depicts house, man on bank and ladies in a row boat on the lake, other photos of hopfields, apple orchards, hop picking and apple picking, fruit store and hop drying klin. Eight Beattie photographs of the Royal visit to Tasmania.
Diploma of degree of Associate of Arts awarded to Henry Lewis Garrett of Hobart Town, who passed in English, Latin(with credit and prize) Greek, French (with credit) and pure mathematics and was placed in the second class Signed by H. Officer, president of the Tasmanian Council of Education. Seal of Tasmanian Council of Education 1859, red wax, lozenge shaped, backed paper: open book "Floreat Tasmania' on diamond pattern, in tin (separate from document). Diploma has decorative border of oak Leaves and acorns designed by Henry Hunter and engraved by Alfred Bock.
Diploma of degree of Associate of Arts awarded to Henry Lewis Garrett of Hobart Town, who passed in English, Latin(with credit and prize) Greek, French (with credit) and pure mathematics and was placed in the second class Signed by H. Officer, president of the Tasmanian Council of Education. Diploma has decorative border of oak leaves and acorns designed by Henry Hunter and engraved by Alfred Bock.
Seal of Tasmanian Council of Education 1859, red wax, lozenge shaped, backed paper: open book "Floreat Tasmania' on diamond pattern, in tin with document Diploma of degree of Associate of Arts awarded to Henry Lewis Garrett of Hobart Town.
Black-and-white photograph shows path to near base of waterfall in foothills of Mount Wellington, two men standing near a barrel beside a metal mesh and barbed wire fence and a padlocked gate barring access to the stream
Black-and-white photograph shows waves lapping shoreline of Derwent River in foreground, with Government House on the hill, surrounded by mature trees, tall picket fence runs parallel with river, two wires strung between poles, visible through trees
Black-and-white photograph shows Hobart General Post Office viewed from Franklin Park. Words “G.P.O., HOBART, FROM FRANKLIN PARK” and “V6” are typewritten in black on white reverse panel at bottom of photograph
Black-and-white photograph taken from elevated point on Queen’s Domain, looking north up Derwent River towards Cornelian Bay and New Town Bay; Risdon Park Racecourse (1880s-1926) at New Town in foreground, early burial plots in headland of Cornelian Bay Cemetery at right of picture.
Black-and-white photograph depicts Miller’s Corner on the intersection of Liverpool Street and Murray streets, Hobart, looking towards waterfront down Murray Street. A.P. Miller, dispensing chemist, died 1904
Black-and-white photograph shows ruins of the church at Port Arthur, damaged by fire in 1884,with charred timber framework in the roof, remnant shingles on the roof and climbing plants covering the sandstone of the church walls. Handwritten words “Church at Port Arthur” in lower left corner of image.
Black-and-white photograph shows elevated view of ruined church at Port Arthur, including charred timber roof framework; with view of waterfront and other buildings on Port Arthur site; cut hay is drying in paddock at front of church.
Black-and-white photograph taken looking north along Gun Carriage Drive towards Government House, Hobart, with post-and-rail fences on Derwent River side; a horse harnessed to a four-wheel carriage, is on the left of the road; a small jetty extends from the shoreline and a boat is visible through the trees, anchored just off shore.
Black-and-white photograph shows stone buildings along Salamanca Place, timber stacked on New Wharf and masts of ships docked at the wharf; signs on buildings for “A.E. Lord Wool Merchant” and “W.D. Peacock and Co.”, historic home Lenna and eastern conservatory visible on hilltop behind towards Battery Point; maritime signal station with the Time Ball that was dropped automatically at 1pm, after a relayed telegraph signal from the Melbourne Observatory.
Black-and-white photograph shows Sandy Bay Road, with tram tracks on riverside of road, electric wires for Hobart Electric Tramway, carriage wheelmarks in the unpaved road surface, electricity transmission wires strung from poles mounted with porcelain insulators
Photograph depicts forecourt of Wrest Point Hotel, Sandy Bay, showing front door with decorative masonry, with five dolphins, ship with St George Cross atop front door. Man in brown uniform standing alongside a Holden FX with dark body paintwork and a yellow painted roof, a taxi affiliated with Hobart's Yellow Cabs, Tasmanian licence plate WXG 772.
Colour photograph shows yacht with spinnaker hoisted, sailing on Derwent River, the Astor, purportedly in 1962 Sydney-Hobart Yacht Race, photograph quite possibly taken in 1961, 1963 or 1964 race when the craft took line honours.
Colour photograph of stone house at Bellerive, rendered or painted white, with flowers in bloom in front garden, in front of verandah, house old tin roof, on corner block, street pillar for PMG telephone cabling near letterbox
Colour photograph of Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens at Queens Domain, Hobart; depicts garden beds, lawns and Derwent River, looking towards Selfs Point Jetty and petroleum storage tanks at Selfs Point.
Colour photograph of ferry pier at bottom of Murray Street, Hobart, departure point for the Bellerive ferry; cargo and passenger ships docked at nearby Princes Wharf, including the steamer Orsova; sign advertising Cascade Ale on the Customs House Hotel.