Showing 125 results

Archival description
Private Deposit Collection : University of Tasmania Library Special and Rare Collections Tasmania With digital objects
Print preview View:

Apslawn House

Photograph of front view of Apslawn House. A sandstone Georgian house built in the 1840's on 640 acres of land granted to John Lyne, MHA for Glamorgan ,1843-1865. Located on the Tasman Highway, Apslawn, 13km south-west of Bicheno.

George Musgrave Parker

Apslawn House

Photograph of side view of Apslawn House. A sandstone Georgian house built in the 1840's on 640 acres of land granted to John Lyne, MHA for Glamorgan ,1843-1865. Located on the Tasman Highway, Apslawn, 13km south-west of Bicheno.

George Musgrave Parker

Apsley house

Photograph of Apsley House. Originally a single storey sandstone Georgian house built in the 1840's on land granted to John Lyne who was MHA for Glamorgan in the period 1843-1865. Small kodak prints. ?G.M.P photographer thought to be taken c1920's - (See also book ch.3, P1/35 (262)

George Musgrave Parker

Apsley Log Cabin

Photograph of Apsley original log cabin dating from 1826 on the property granted to William Lyne by Governor Arthur on order from Lord Apsley, eldest son of Lord Bathurst. Copy made by J.W. Beattie of an original of J. Lyne

George Musgrave Parker

Bluff Cottage, formerly known as Harbottle's Cottage and Caulfield Cottage

Photograph of Bluff Cottage, formerly known as Harbottle's Cottage and Caulfield Cottage. This single storey, sandstone rubble building with a corrugated iron hipped roof was listed by the National Trust in 1976 as it demonstrated the principal characteristics of a single storey, sandstone Victorian Georgian domestic building . Located at 45 Shaw Street, Swansea, Tasmania

George Musgrave Parker

Degree of Associate of Arts

Diploma of degree of Associate of Arts awarded to Henry Lewis Garrett of Hobart Town, who passed in English, Latin(with credit and prize) Greek, French (with credit) and pure mathematics and was placed in the second class Signed by H. Officer, president of the Tasmanian Council of Education. Diploma has decorative border of oak leaves and acorns designed by Henry Hunter and engraved by Alfred Bock.

Henry Lewis Garrett

Diaries of Jorgen Jorgensen

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC M11-3-2
  • Sub-item
  • 1826-1827
  • Part of Meston Papers

Copies of diaries of Jorgen Jorgensen, including Journey to Ouse Plateau, Repat of Jorgensen to V.D.L. Co. on route between Hobart and Circular Head, and Journal kept while exploring from Circular Head to the Pieman River, 1826-7.

Archibald Lawrence Meston

Dr George Fordyce Story Collection

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC C7
  • Collection
  • 1821-1878

Collection consists of papers including medical case notes and accounts, student notes and exercises, botanical papers including some correspondence with Dr. von Mueller, copies of electoral returns etc.

George Fordyce Story

Friends' Meeting House, Murray Street

Photograph titled First Friends' Meeting House: The first Quaker Meeting House in Hobart. A cottage at 39 Murray Street which was bought by James Backhouse in 1837 with a loan from Meeting for Sufferings, London. The cost was £400 including alterations. Shows Mr Cheverton and Mr Shields and uniformed police constable in front, Holy Trinity Church on hill in background. From 12 February 1832 the visiting Quakers James Backhouse and George Washington Walker held periods of worship in the Quaker manner and others sought leave to join them. These included ex-English Friends who had been transported, some of whom were still prisoners, other convicts and ‘locals’, together with four current members. The gatherings were held in private homes and various rented rooms. The Hobart Meeting began in 1833 when the first Meeting for Discipline was held on 20 September 1833 at the home of Thomas Crouch, Bathurst Street. Members present were Thomas Squire, Ann Pollard (minor), James Backhouse and George Washington Walker. Photograph (mounted) J. Bishop, Osborne (& copy neg)

George Musgrave Parker

Fuller Papers

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC F6
  • Collection
  • 1916-1965

Collection consists of personal and business correspondence, financial records, scrapbook and cuttings scripts of broadcasts, stories and plays. Theatre programs, photographs and pins and badges. There is also material collected by Francis Ruby Fuller and Edwin Charles Fuller

William Edwin Fuller

Glen Gala House: brick house, croquet lawn

Photograph of Glen Gala House at Cranbrook. Adam Amos arrived in March 1821 in the Emerald along with George Meredith, and was advised to look for land on the unsettled east coast. Adam's capital entitled him to a grant of 1000 acres (405 ha) which he located on the Swan River at Cranbrook, and called Gala. Glen Gala is a two storey brick Victorian Georgian house constructed in 1860 on the original grant to Adam Amos

George Musgrave Parker

Harbottle's cottage at Swansea

Postcard produced by Swansea photographer, Miss F.M. Kennedy, (c1880-c1950s) of titled Harbottle's at Swansea, Tasmania.
This Cottage has also been know as Harbottle's Cottage and Caulfield Cottage. This single storey, sandstone rubble building with a corrugated iron hipped roof was listed by the National Trust in 1976 as it demonstrated the principal characteristics of a single storey, sandstone Victorian Georgian domestic building . Located at 45 Shaw Street, Swansea, Tasmania

George Musgrave Parker

Henry Lewis Garrett : Degree of Associate of Arts

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC C8
  • Collection
  • 1863

Diploma of degree of Associate of Arts awarded to Henry Lewis Garrett of Hobart Town, who passed in English, Latin(with credit and prize) Greek, French (with credit) and pure mathematics and was placed in the second class Signed by H. Officer, president of the Tasmanian Council of Education. Seal of Tasmanian Council of Education 1859, red wax, lozenge shaped, backed paper: open book "Floreat Tasmania' on diamond pattern, in tin (separate from document). Diploma has decorative border of oak Leaves and acorns designed by Henry Hunter and engraved by Alfred Bock.

Henry Lewis Garrett

Photograph of Olive Pink and friends

1 sepia photograph of camp at Professor Lyndhurst Falkiner Giblin's Farm - Cobbler's End, Tasmania. Picturing Olive Pink, Florence Rodway, with mop and basin, Mildred Lovett with grid iron as harp, and Ursula Walker

Olive Pink

Postcard of HMAS Sydney

Black and white postcard of the air craft carrier the HMS Terrible at the HM dockyard, Devonport , England , being recommissioned as the HMAS Sydney, Australia's first aircraft carrier. She was handed over to Australia during a ceremony at Devonport on 16 December 1948 at which she was renamed HMAS Sydney by Mrs J.A. Beasley, wife of the Australian High Commissioner to the UK. She was subsequently accepted into service on 5 February 1949 under the command of Captain R.R. Dowling, DSO, RAN. For more information http://www.navy.gov.au/hmas-sydney-iii

Postcard of Koalas

Black and white postcard inscribed Koalas, Greetings from Australia. On verso Mowbray Series, Scenic and Historic Views

Postcard of Port Arthur

Black and white postcard of Port Arthur, southern Tasmania showing the church, the penitentiary and other buildings. Marked 26

Postcard of Russell Falls

Black and white postcard of the Russell Falls, a tiered–cascade waterfall on the Russell Falls Creek, located in the Central Highlands region of Tasmania

Postcard of the pontoon bridge, Hobart

Black and white postcard of the River Derwent and the pontoon bridge with a view to the Montague Bay from the Queens Domain. Inscribed H.J.H No. 143. ( H. J. Hellessey ) Real photo card

Results 1 to 100 of 125