Showing 2332 results

Archival description
Image With digital objects
Print preview View:

Centenary Train near Perth

Colour photograph shows the Centenary Train, pulled by two Tasmanian Government Railways steam locomotives, running past paddocks near Perth.

Hal Wyatt

Centenary train steams into Relbia Station

Colour photograph depicts red C Class steam locomotive, steaming on line approaching Relbia Station railway platform, near Launceston, between Western Junction and Inveresk. The words: ?CENTENARY TRAIN 1871-1971? emblazoned on front of boiler.

Hal Wyatt

Centenary Train stops

Colour photograph of people examining the idle Centenary Train, pulled by two Tasmanian Government Railway steam locomotives.

Hal Wyatt

Centenary train stops at Westbury

Colour photograph of schoolchildren and sightseers crowding onto the track and climbing onto another train to look at the passing Centenary Train, pulled by two steam locomotives on the Tasmanian Government Railways line, at Westbury Station.

Hal Wyatt

Centenary Train under way

Colour photograph shows man with camera taking photograph of Centenary Train, pulled by two Tasmanian Government Railways steam locomotives.

Hal Wyatt

Centre span of Tasman Bridge under construction

Colour photograph of the centre span of the Tasman Bridge is under construction in 1963, as viewed from a vehicle travelling on the nearby Hobart Bridge, which carries vehicular traffic across the Derwent River on a temporary, floating platform.

Hal Wyatt

Chalmer’s church building in Hobart before demolition

Colour photograph of a church building, constructed in greying sand stone, with ivy climbing up wall on attached building; originally the Chalmer’s Free Church and Manse, in Hobart, on the corner of Harrington and Bathurst streets, later the Chalmer’s Presbyterian Church; congregation merged with St Andrew’s in Hobart to form, Scots Church; Chalmers church building sold in 1954 to Neptune Oil Company, which demolished it to construct a fuel station.

Hal Wyatt

Champion daffodil

Newspaper cutting of article and photograph of Mr W Jackson who took four of the five major awards in the Cadbury’s Floricultural Society’s Spring show at Claremont.

Cherry's Carlton Club Hotel

Photograph of Liverpool Street Hobart at the intersection of Argyle Street looking towards West Hobart, taken around the turn of the century showing Cherry's Carlton Club Hotel in the foreground. Also J. Whiteside & Son Furnishing Warehouse and Canes Iron mongers. The date is assumed from the presence of electric power poles which were introduced in 1898.

Children exploring

Two children walking along a track through a grassy field with tall trees on brow of hill. Small boy is searching through the grass with a stick

Colin Dennison (Curator)

Chocolate display

Display of assorted Cadbury products, including Milk, Fruit and Nut, Turkish Delight, Barley Sugar, Nestle Milk Chocolate, Old Gold, Cherry Nut Milk, Toasted Almond, Vitality, Vogue and Milk Tray

Colin Dennison (Curator)

Church at Lauderdale

Colour photograph of sandstone church building at Lauderdale surrounded by picket fence.

Hal Wyatt

Civil Servant

Framed caricature of a civil servant at the Public Works Department.

Thomas Claude Wade Midwood

Claremont Works Youth Club Dinner Attendees

Claremont Works Youth Club dinner at Belvedere, Hobart March 20th, 1940. Standing: MG Wells, WC Brown, RG Williams, TA Griffiths, B Harris, DC Laing, RM Conway, JF Taplin (Hon Treas.) F O'Shea. Sitting: D Ransley, AK Easther, BA Wells, AA Hyland, (Retiring Chairman) TA Cooper (President) BF Easther (Chairman) FB Erskine, L Steedman, GB Foster, DO Coleman (Hon. Secretary) Photograph by J J N Barnett.

Cleburne homestead 1970s

Colour photograph of Cleburne Homestead, also known as the Mount Direction Homestead, a dwelling built in the 1830s at Risdon and threatened with demolition during the construction of the nearby Bowen Bridge.

Hal Wyatt

Cleome viscosa

Pencil, some coloured, on paper sketched by Olive Pink, Tortungah Quadtcha, Northern Territory 1/12/30. Identified by Olive Pink as Cleome viscosa "whole plant, even back of petals of flower and pod sticky - has pungent smell when broken - sticky glands"

Olive Pink

Clianthus

Watercolour on watercolour paper painted by Olive Pink at Wire Creek, Central Australia, 6/8/30 . Identified by Olive Pink as Clianthus

Olive Pink

Clianthus speciosum

Watercolour on card painted by Olive Pink at Wire Creek, South Australia 25/7/30. Identified by Olive Pink as Clianthus speciosum

Olive Pink

Clifton Priory atop Barrack Hill, Bothwell

Colour photograph of Clifton Priory, Bothwell. National heritage register citation is as follows: “Two storey stone Tudor Gothic house built in 1847-8 by Rev. Robert Wilson from public subscription. Wilson caused a scandal when he ran into financial difficulties and sold it owing a considerable sum. The house is magnificently sited on Barrack Hill from where it enjoys fine views of Bothwell, the Clyde River and surrounding countryside.”

Climbers near site of avalanches

Colour photograph of party of snow climbers nearing a ridge with evidence of recent avalanches, possibly near Mount Field National Park, photograph taken 1968

Climbing Naturalist Peak in snow

Colour photograph shows five figures in the snow, walking or skiing to the top of Naturalist Peak near Mount Field West, in Mount Field National Park. Some marks on original physical scanned image

Commandant's house and jetties at Port Arthur

Photograph of the commandant's house and jetties, Port Arthur c. 1880. The photographers are Anson Brothers., Portrait and Landscape Photographers, Hobart Town whose firm was located in Liverpool, Collins and Elizabeth Streets between 1878 and 1891.

Anson Brothers

Commercial Bank

Photograph of Macquarie Street, Hobart looking south from the corner of Elizabeth Street c. 1870. Some of Franklin Square on left Commercial Bank on right. The photographers were Anson Brothers whose firm was located in Liverpool, Collins and Elizabeth Streets between 1878 and 1891.

Anson Brothers

Commercial Bank

Photograph of the Commercial Bank, Macquarie Street, Hobart looking south from the corner of Elizabeth Street in c1877 after old St. Davids Cathedral was pulled down. The photograph is attributed to Henry Hall Baily who had studios in Elizabeth and Liverpool Streets Hobart from 1865 until 1918.

Henry Hall Baily

Commercial Hotel Richmond 1970

Colour photograph shows street view of Commercial Hotel, Richmond, a double-storey sandstone structure with decorative ironwork on the veranda posts, taken in 1970

Hal Wyatt

Results 501 to 600 of 2332