Showing 123 results

Archival description
University Collection : University of Tasmania Library Special and Rare Collections With digital objects
Print preview View:

Tasmanian University Graduates 1929

Photographic except taken from the Illustrated Tasmanian Mail, 22 May, 1929 - Tasmanian University Graduates . Miss M.L. Andrew (B.A.), Dr H.T. Postle (M.A., LL.D Melbourne) on whom was conferred the degree of LL.D (Tas) ad eundem, Mr G.L. Ife (...

University of Tasmania

Tasmanian University team

Group photograph of the Tasmanian University team winners of the Australian Universities Rifle match, Hobart 1934. Named : D.G. Rockliff, J.J. Graham, P.C. Tapping, T.L. Malone, H.M Nicholls, M.M. Bruce, D.J. Barclay, M.W. Woods (Captain), S.M....

McDonell Watkyn Woods

The University of Glasgow

Medal commemorating The University of Glasgow 1451 - 1951Obverse description: Glasgow University arms, inscription above: UNIV. GLASG. MCCCCLI - MDCCCCLIReverse description: head of Pope crowned. Legend round: NICOLAUS PONT, MAX. UNIV. GLASG. COND...

University Badge

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC UT365
  • Collection
  • c1932

This badge, a smaller version of the cloth badge was probably a badge of the Tasmania University Union, and is based on the official Common Seal of the University, omitting the star and rose and the inscription, with the addition of a punning mott...

University of Tasmania Library

University Blazer

University of Tasmania blazer, oxford blue with rose and primrose stripes with badge of open book (pre-1937 badge from old University seal). Blazers were made by Smale Bros. Tailors, Hobart, unlined, with cloth buttons.

Donald George Rockcliff

University Blazer : Rifle Club

T.U. Rifle Club blue badge (T.U.R.C. under crossed rifles) and A.U.S.A (Australian Universities Sport Association).Blazer was made by Smale Bros. Tailors, Hobart, unlined, with cloth buttons.It is not known when the Union first adopted a sports bl...

Donald George Rockcliff

University Council and Staff

Black and white mounted photograph of University Council members and staff taken in 1924 at the entrance to Domain House.Back :Dr. A. L. McAulay, Mr. H.P. Tuck, Mr. C. Malthus, Professor J.B. Brigden, Mr. J. A. Johnson, Professor Burn, Professor C...

University of Tasmania

University Staff & Students 1908

Sepia mounted photograph of staff and students taken in front of the main entrance to Domain House, 1908. Named on back -Back: G.F. Lovett, C.T. Butler, C.S.W. Rayner, Alan BurnMiddle: E. Jeffrey, S.L. Hughes, Beatrice Beedham, Sarah Dunbabin, F.M...

University of Tasmania

University common seal

The University's Common Seal was originally the seal of the Tasmanian Council of Education, which wasestablished in 1859 to hold university entrance examinations ‘in imitation of the Oxford and Cambridgeannual local examinations’. The TCE awa...

University of Tasmania

William Henry Williams

In 1894 William Henry Williams became a lecturer and in 1896 the foundation professor of Classics and English Literature at the newly established University of Tasmania. He occupied the chair until his retirement in 1925. During part of that time ...

University of Tasmania

Results 101 to 123 of 123