Duncan Loane Pty.

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Duncan Loane Pty.

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1910-1981

History

Duncan Loane Pty., general merchants, was founded in Devonport in 1910 by Duncan Loane, formerly Devonport manager for A.G. Webster & sons. On his retirement in 1922 the firm was made into a proprietary company. Directors included W.H. Edwards, managing director, G.C. Walch, R.l.D. Loane etc. The firm dealt especially in farm machinery, holding a number of agencies for overseas firms, such as Ransome & Sims of England, as well as Australian firms, including water pumps by wind mill and electric or diesel rams. They also dealt in fertilisers, fencing wires, corn sacks, gates, etc. and act as agents for insurance.

For more information see https://librariestas.ent.sirsidynix.net.au/client/en_AU/tas/search/detailnonmodal/ent:$002f$002fARCHIVES_AGENCIES$002f0$002fNG1031/one

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

AU TAS UTAS SPARC D7

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC