Showing 211 results

Archival description
Print preview View:

90 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Photograph Album

Photograph album of the Hodgkin's visit to Australia during 1909. Includes photos of Christ Church Annual Meeting, Adelaide General Meeting, other meeting groups, Evelyn Camp, Gosforth Camp, Healsville Camp, members of families of Woodham, Er...

Thomas Hodgkin

Photograph album

1 hand-illustrated quarter-bound leather album of black and white photographs of people MST met on the trip, and colour postcards

Margaret Sturge Watts

Newnham Hall Community School

Newnham Hall Community School 12 August 1948. Photograph album of the first weeks of the Newnham Hall Community School, founded 3 February 1948, presented to Robert Cosgrove, Premier and Minister of Education.

Robert Cosgrove

Group of Navy men

Photograph of a group of Navy men on the C.L.S.S. Lady Loch.Lighthouse Tender, "Lady Loch", ex Gunboat. Built in 1886 by Campbell, Sloss & McCann in Footscray, Melbourne for the Victorian Dept. of Public Works. Iron Steamship of 531...

Lawrence John Hayns

Photographs of L.J. Hayns

a) L.J. Hayns as stockman to the Butchers store in George Townb) Photo of Stonehouse and Haynsc) Photo of Stonehouse and Hayns on horses with Maxwell

Lawrence John Hayns

Photographs of L.J. Hayns

Photographs of :a) Farm House showing the garden and a lady sitting on the verandab) Cows being taken to the milking shedc) Shows the back of' the farm and the swamp area behind itd) M.M. Hayns and L.J Hayns at Jenolan Caves ...

Lawrence John Hayns

Swansea: Resthaven House

2 storied brick building, no veranda - mounted photoNow known as Oyster Bay Guest House and located at 10 Franklin Street, Resthaven was built in 1841 and operated initially as the Black Swan Inn. In 1870 it became a store and then became a priv...

George Musgrave Parker

Tasmanian University Graduates 1929

Photographic except taken from the Illustrated Tasmanian Mail, 22 May, 1929 - Tasmanian University Graduates . Miss M.L. Andrew (B.A.), Dr H.T. Postle (M.A., LL.D Melbourne) on whom was conferred the degree of LL.D (Tas) ad eundem, Mr G.L. Ife (...

University of Tasmania

Staff of the Commerce Department

Black and white mounted photograph of University of Tasmania Commerce Department staff taken in 1938. Left to right: Miss Jeanette Audrey Cox (Clerk 1932-1939), Ken M Dallas, D. L Anderson and Professor F.R.E. Mauldron (front).

University of Tasmania

University Staff & Students 1908

Sepia mounted photograph of staff and students taken in front of the main entrance to Domain House, 1908. Named on back -Back: G.F. Lovett, C.T. Butler, C.S.W. Rayner, Alan BurnMiddle: E. Jeffrey, S.L. Hughes, Beatrice Beedham, Sarah Dunbabin, F.M...

University of Tasmania

Recipients of Degrees at Commemoration

Photographic except taken from the Illustrated Tasmanian Mail, 22 May, 1929 - Recipients of University of Tasmania Degrees at Commemoration, Mr A.K. Fulton (B.A), Mr T. Hytten (MA), Miss F. Stops (B.A), Mr D.S. Smith (B.E), Miss Y.I. Guilbert (B...

University of Tasmania

Annual Commemoration 1896

Photographic except taken from the Tasmanian Mail, 16 January 1897 showing graduating students : Mr W.A. Roberts (LLB), Mr W.J.T. Stops (LLB), Mr Herbert Nicholls (LLB), Mr J.H. Keating (LLB), Miss E.H Wilson, first lady graduate (BA) and Lieute...

University of Tasmania

Staff with Japanese Visitor

Staff with Japanese visitor (front left) taken in front of the main entrance to Domain House, named around photograph N.E. Lewis, W.H. Williams, D.G. McDougall, Herman Ritz, H.C Kingsmill, James Cruickshank, R.L. Dunbabin, F.M. Johnstone, Loftus H...

University of Tasmania

University Council and Staff

Black and white mounted photograph of University Council members and staff taken in 1924 at the entrance to Domain House.Back :Dr. A. L. McAulay, Mr. H.P. Tuck, Mr. C. Malthus, Professor J.B. Brigden, Mr. J. A. Johnson, Professor Burn, Professor C...

University of Tasmania

University of Tasmania Photograph Collection

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC UT-Ph
  • Collection
  • 1890-1980

Collection consists of glass plates, lantern slides, 35mm slides, prints and negatives of images relating to the history of the University of Tasmania some later images produced by the University photographer Fred Koolhof 1960-1980

University of Tasmania

Photographs

Photographs:1. J.H. O'Neil. Reprint from The Journal of the Building Transport & Timber Workers' Union vol. 1, no. 12. J.H. O'Neil addressing Trades Hall Council Meeting, c19623. Trades Hall Council Meeting c September 19624. H....

John Henry O'Neil

H.E.C. Photograph album

Commemorative album of photographs of dams and power stations presented to J.H. O'Neil on his retirement from the Hydro-Electric Commission.

John Henry O'Neil

Iron Pot Light House

Photograph of Iron Pot Lighthouse, located on an craggy island in the Derwent Estuary about 17.5 kilometres east of Hobart, Tasmania at the mouth of the Derwent River.

Lawrence John Hayns

Hayns of Burton-on-Trent

Photograph of Hayns of Burton-on-Trent. The father of Michael and Brian Haynes. Brought up by the sisters of L.J. Hayns

Lawrence John Hayns

Wedding group

Photograph of a group of people from the Hayns wedding, none of them are named

Lawrence John Hayns

Old man

Photograph of well dressed old man, name unknown

Lawrence John Hayns

Wedding photograph

Photograph of the wedding between Lawrence John Hayns and Mary Margaret Hayns (nee Crane).

Lawrence John Hayns

Lighthouse photographs

a) L.J. Hayns as a lighthouse keeperb) Light house and land around the Lighthousec) Children and wife of L.J. Hayns

Lawrence John Hayns

Crane Family

Photographs of the Crane Family - individual photographs of George Crane, Ernest Crane, and M.M. Hayns (nee Crane)

Lawrence John Hayns

Photographs of L.J. Hayns

Photographs of Lawrence John Haynes on his retirement at Georgetown in 1967 and a passport photograph of L.J. Hayns

Lawrence John Hayns

Photographs : Maxwell Ernest Hayns

Photographs of Maxwell Ernest Haynes - various photographs as a baby, as a young boy and when he joined the R.A. A. F.Dated 1924 - baby and 1942 - 17yrs old.

Lawrence John Hayns

Miscellaneous items

Collection consists of two files of postcards, cuttings, photographs and brochures

William Edwin Fuller

Photographs of friends

Three photographs of friends:Edward Gott 1913 Inscribed "to Mr. &Mrs. W. E. Fuller, in remembrance, Edward Gott, Hobart, 1913" (framed)Elderly man, head and shoulders.Young woman - "To Frances & Bill with love, Stella, ...

William Edwin Fuller

Caricatures

Two caricatures of W. E. Fuller drawn by by Kingsley Fairweather (crayon and poster colour) . One framed

William Edwin Fuller

Bookshop photographs

Book shop photographs. Library, probably Angus & Robertson, Sydney c. 1909 including Miss Frances Ruby Evans (later Mrs. W. E. Fuller) Collins Street, Arcade, W. E. and Mrs. Fuller and Miss C. Parker standing in front of opening in brickwo...

William Edwin Fuller

Tasmanian views

Collection of photographs of Tasmanian scenes. Panoramic view of Derwent River; Mount Wellington; Derwent river, yachts racing; Fitzpatrick' s Hotel at Westbury. Also postcard views of Hobart, New Norfolk, Miena Dam, Burnie, ships, N.S.W., ...

William Edwin Fuller

Theatrical photographs

Collection of photographs including Group in musical entertainment, including W. E. and Frances Fuller, c. 1912, with programme of "Entertainment by the Mountebanks", Moonah Mission Hall, 1912. W. E. Fuller portraying various parts (es...

William Edwin Fuller

Family photographs

Family photographs including portraits and snapshots of W. E. Fuller and family including: Early photographs of W. E. Fuller as a boy, groups, 2 girls (1 reading, 1 preparing veg.) Margaret and Mary (daughters of W.E.F.) as babies and toddlers...

William Edwin Fuller

The Weekly Courier - 6th July 1901

Two pages only of the Weekly Courier dated 6th July 1901 . Pages 23-30 - Beattie photographs of 'Glenora' the estate of Mr L.M Shoobridge at Bushy Park, Tasmania, depicts house, man on bank and ladies in a row boat on the lake, other p...

Henry Button

Apsley house

Photograph of Apsley House. Originally a single storey sandstone Georgian house built in the 1840's on land granted to John Lyne who was MHA for Glamorgan in the period 1843-1865. Small kodak prints. ?G.M.P photographer thought to be taken ...

George Musgrave Parker

Results 1 to 100 of 211