Print preview Close

Showing 9 results

Archival description
Images of Tasmania as collected by Colin Dennison : University of Tasmania Library Special & Rare Collections Only top-level descriptions
Print preview View:

3 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Collection of Cadbury Claremont Images

  • AU TAS UTAS ITCCD 2017/18
  • Collection
  • 1915-1965

Black and white photographs of Claremont military camp in about 1915 and the Cadbury chocolate factory and Claremont Golf Club built on the same site, many showing the factory, its surroundings and staff.

Colin Dennison (Curator)

Graeme Raphael's collected photographs

  • AU TAS UTAS ITCCD 2017/19
  • Collection
  • c1920

Photographs collected over several years by Graeme Raphael, a beekeeper and state government apiary officer, councillor of the Oatlands Council and later Southern Midlands Council and founding member of the Oatlands District Historical Society.

Graeme Raphael

Greg Dickens Photographic Collection

  • AU TAS UTAS ITCCD 2017/14
  • Collection
  • 1960 - 2014

Photographs taken by Greg Dickens, many depicting railway lines and sidings, ships, historical buildings, rural scenes, churches and infrastructure throughout Tasmania.

Greg Dickens

Images of West Coast Tasmania

  • AU TAS UTAS ITCCD 2017/1
  • Collection
  • 1890s

This collection is a sample of images of Queenstown, Zeehan and Macquarie Harbour, sourced from the Colin Dennison image collection. Most of the images were originally created prior to 1956 and have been sourced from private Tasmanian collections....

Colin Dennison (Curator)

Interview with Colin Dennison

  • Collection
  • 2018

Interview with Colin Dennison dated 25th August 2018. Interview conducted by Ben Ross (www.oralhistorycompany.com) concerning Colin’s lifetime of collecting photographs, postcards, stamps and other historical resources. Colin donated the collectio...

Ben Ross

Photographs of E.Z. Co. Zinc Works at Risdon

  • AU TAS UTAS ITCCD 2018/6
  • Collection
  • 1920 - 1940

The collection features photographs taken by Hobart photographic studio Beattie’s Studio, also known as J.W. Beattie, for the Electrolytic Zinc Co. at the company’s Risdon smelter between 1920 and 1940. The collection depicts construction of new ...

Beattie's Studios