Mostrar 1444 resultados

Descrição arquivística
Tasmania Com objeto digital
Previsualizar a impressão Ver:

Diary 1870-1872

Diary of Sarah E.E. Mitchell of Lisdillon on the East Coast of Tasmania from June 1st 1870 to January 19th 1872. From the age of thirteen she daily noted in her journal the state of the weather, her routine activities about the house and property and visits of friends.

Sarah E.E. Mitchell

Seal of Degree of Associate of Arts

Seal of Tasmanian Council of Education 1859, red wax, lozenge shaped, backed paper: open book "Floreat Tasmania' on diamond pattern, in tin with document Diploma of degree of Associate of Arts awarded to Henry Lewis Garrett of Hobart Town.

Henry Lewis Garrett

Diaries of Jorgen Jorgensen

  • AU TAS UTAS SPARC M11-3-2
  • Sub-item
  • 1826-1827
  • Parte de Meston Papers

Copies of diaries of Jorgen Jorgensen, including Journey to Ouse Plateau, Repat of Jorgensen to V.D.L. Co. on route between Hobart and Circular Head, and Journal kept while exploring from Circular Head to the Pieman River, 1826-7.

Archibald Lawrence Meston

Snow on Barn Bluff 1970

Colour photograph shows patchy snow covering Barn Bluff and Cradle Mountain, photograph taken 1970.

Postcard of Wrest Point Hotel

Black and white postcard of Wrest Point Hotel from the water at Sandy Bay, with Mount Wellington in the background.

Arthur Knight Slides

  • AU TAS UTAS ITCCD 2017/2
  • Coleção
  • 1950 - 1980

Arthur Knight

Riding ski tow 1959

Colour photograph shows snow skiers on Mount Mawson, one using a tow rope to climb uphill

Rigger in the Florentine Valley

Colour photograph shows timber worker wearing hard hat, chaps and holding ropes and an axe, standing on fallen logs in the Florentine Valley

View of Russell Falls

Colour photograph shows Russell Falls as viewed from elevated vantage point in rainforest

Signs at entrance to Mount Field National Park

Colour photograph shows signs posted at entrance of Mount Field National Park, with distances and estimated travel times to Lake Dobson (9 1/4 miles), Lake Fenton (7 1/4 miles), Lady Barron Falls (1 1/2 mile), Camping Ground (250 yds), Rangers Cottage (150 Yds), Russell Falls 1/2 MILE 10 MIN, Lady Barron Falls Round Trip 3 1/2 MILES 1H 45 MIN

Four men standing around Skagit loader

Colour photograph shows timber workers in hard hats standing around an unladen Skagit loader with an operator visible in the cabin, on a dirt track in the bush

Diary 1891

Diary of Sarah E.E. Mitchell of Lisdillon on the East Coast of Tasmania - 1891. From the age of thirteen she daily noted in her journal the state of the weather, her routine activities about the house and property and visits of friends.

Sarah E.E. Mitchell

Former Crown Inn at Bothwell

Colour photograph shows former Crown Inn at 15 Alexander Street, Bothwell, with distinctive colour crown insignia above first-storey veranda and coloured light globes mounted along balcony

Snow skier plays trick on camera

Colour photograph shows the tracks of a snow skier, dressed in dark clothing, going around both sides of a tree on a snow-covered, lightly wooded hill

Marker on South Gordon walking track

Colour photograph shows unusual sign for South Gordon walking track turnoff, fashioned out of number plates, with three backpacks resting on ground nearby

Moss and pandani

Colour photograph shows mossy ground surrounding a group of pandani plants

1830-31: Farm memoranda

Farm memoranda dated 1830-1831 detailing notes of farm activities, weather, names of calves and men's rations

Francis Cotton

Hut at Twilight Tarn

Colour photograph shows the rusting red roofing iron on hut visible above trees on the edge of Twilight Tarn

Bushwalker near Mount Lord

Colour photograph shows man in red and black check bush shirt standing in bush on Mount Lord, looking west. Man is standing amid tall specimens of Pandani, Richea pandanifolia

Apsley Log Cabin

Photograph of Apsley original log cabin dating from 1826 on the property granted to William Lyne by Governor Arthur on order from Lord Apsley, eldest son of Lord Bathurst. Copy made by J.W. Beattie of an original of J. Lyne

George Musgrave Parker

Friends' Meeting House, Murray Street

Photograph titled First Friends' Meeting House: The first Quaker Meeting House in Hobart. A cottage at 39 Murray Street which was bought by James Backhouse in 1837 with a loan from Meeting for Sufferings, London. The cost was £400 including alterations. Shows Mr Cheverton and Mr Shields and uniformed police constable in front, Holy Trinity Church on hill in background. From 12 February 1832 the visiting Quakers James Backhouse and George Washington Walker held periods of worship in the Quaker manner and others sought leave to join them. These included ex-English Friends who had been transported, some of whom were still prisoners, other convicts and ‘locals’, together with four current members. The gatherings were held in private homes and various rented rooms. The Hobart Meeting began in 1833 when the first Meeting for Discipline was held on 20 September 1833 at the home of Thomas Crouch, Bathurst Street. Members present were Thomas Squire, Ann Pollard (minor), James Backhouse and George Washington Walker. Photograph (mounted) J. Bishop, Osborne (& copy neg)

George Musgrave Parker

Trees reflected in Artists Pool

Colour photograph of Artists Pool, a waterhole near Cradle Mountain, with reflections of alpine plants on the water's surface

Bare Mountain

Colour photograph of Bare Mountain, with evidence of past bushfire damage to trees on lower slope GIS: Latitude -4149 Longitude 14590 Gazetteer Australia Record_ID TAS23466

Pointing out a dead bird

Colour photograph shows a person pointing at a dead bird on the ground near Bare Mountain, with new undergrowth shooting after a recent bushfire and several bushwalkers visible in the distance

Walkers near Barn Bluff

Colour photograph of two walkers trying to avoid slippery pathway with flecks of snow on ground and Barn Bluff in background

1856-59: Farm Journal

Farm journal for Kelvedon, January 1856 to February 1859. A journal recording farming activities at 'Kelvedon', the Cotton family's property near Swansea on the East Coast of Tasmania. George Fordyce Story lived with the Cottons at Kelvedon and contributed to their farming efforts. The journal contains monthly records for 1856 - 1859 describing the management of crops and livestock, as well as important family events. Kept by Edward Octavius cotton

Francis Cotton

Jack, native of Cape Grim

Lantern slide of Jack, native of Cape Grim. Prepared by J.W. Beattie (1859-1930) whose studio locations were Elizabeth Street, Hobart from 1891-1920, Murray Street from 1921-40 and Cat and Fiddle until 1994.

John Watt Beattie

Resultados 601 a 700 de 1444